Kerry on abortion - P. Jenning's Interview

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
LINK

Jennings: Could you explain again to me what do you mean when you say "life begins at conception"?

Kerry: Well, that's what the Supreme Court has established is a test of viability as to whether or not you're permitted to terminate a pregnancy, and I support that. That is my test. And I, you know, you have all kinds of different evolutions of life, as we know, and very different beliefs about birth, the process of the development of a fetus. That's the standard that's been established in Roe v. Wade. And I adhere to that standard.

Jennings: If you believe that life begins at conception, is even a first-trimester abortion not murder?

Kerry: No, because it's not the form of life that takes personhood in the terms that we have judged it to be in the past. It's the beginning of life. Does life begin? Yes, it begins. Is it at the point where I would say that you apply those penalties? The answer is, no, and I believe in choice. I believe in the right to choose, and the government should not involve itself in that choice, beyond where it has in the context of Roe v. Wade.

It's vanilla.

It's chocolate.

I firmly believe it's yogurt.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What an absolute fool. The man has no self-respect whatsoever.

Kerry: No, because it's not the form of life that takes personhood in the terms that we have judged it to be in the past. It's the beginning of life. Does life begin? Yes, it begins. Is it at the point where I would say that you apply those penalties? The answer is, no, and I believe in choice. I believe in the right to choose, and the government should not involve itself in that choice, beyond where it has in the context of Roe v. Wade.

:shocked: :wtf:

huh?

Actually, he IS a man of the people.

-All of them. At all times. -On every issue. Always.

Matthew chapter 6
King James Version
24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

-(Mammon would mean "man".)

Abortion...another non-issue the right-wingnuts try to make an issue.

Isn't it ironic...? A woman can't be trusted to make decisions about her own body but multi-national companies can make decisions affecting us all without fear of regulation.

NewGuy said:
Actually, he IS a man of the people.

-All of them. At all times. -On every issue. Always.

Matthew chapter 6
King James Version

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

-(Mammon would mean "man".)

I find man to be a less capricious and arbitrary master than some imagined supreme being.

Bullypulpit said:
Abortion...another non-issue the right-wingnuts try to make an issue.

Ah yes. The Berger leak is FAR more important than that insignificant and petty abortion issue.

:nine:

Bullypulpit said:
A woman can't be trusted to make decisions about her own body
I don't think anyone has any issues with a woman making decisions about her own body, it's the decisions made about that unborn child that's the problem.

Hannitized said:
I don't think anyone has any issues with a woman making decisions about her own body, it's the decisions made about that unborn child that's the problem.

Y'all really don't care about the unborn child...it's just the thought of saying, "...Thou shalt..., Thou shalt not..." that sets you all atingle.

Bullypulpit said:
Y'all really don't care about the unborn child...it's just the thought of saying, "...Thou shalt..., Thou shalt not..." that sets you all atingle.

How about some facts here Bully? Who is it that adopts? Who takes care of crack babies in hospitals?

Bullypulpit said:

Now that is the biggest load of :bs1: I've heard in a long time. How do you know what we care or don't care about? Do you not care about your patients... just the fact that you have some helpless person under your whimsical control that sets you atingle?

:mad:

Bullypulpit said:
I find man to be a less capricious and arbitrary master than some imagined supreme being.

Me too.

What is worse is a man claiming he IS an arbitrary master in becoming his own imagined supreme being.

Bullypulpit said:
Apparently you don't know what the hell I care about or what sets me all atingle, so don't try to assume! My ONLY concern is for that unborn child and I don't give a rats fat ass about the womans right to choose what she does to "her body"!!

Hannitized said:
Apparently you don't know what the hell I care about or what sets me all atingle, so don't try to assume! My ONLY concern is for that unborn child and I don't give a rats fat ass about the womans right to choose what she does to "her body"!!

Uh yeah...Whatever you say... ;)

Hannitized said:

Absolutely.........Lets remember who's body is being sucked into the vacuum!!!!!!!! So from now on anyone who shoots or kills someone else is just doing what they want with their own body then??????/

Forum List

Back