Kerry = Nixon LOL!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A32898-2004Aug1.html?nav=rss_politics/elections/2004

Kerry Pledges Iraq Troop Cut Within 4 Years
Details Not Offered on Ways To Get More Aid From Allies

By Dan Balz and Lois Romano
Washington Post Staff Writers
Monday, August 2, 2004; Page A01

BOWLING GREEN, Ohio, Aug. 1 -- John F. Kerry pledged Sunday he would substantially reduce U.S. troop strength in Iraq by the end of his first term in office but declined to offer any details of what he said is his plan to attract significantly more allied military and financial support there.

In interviews on television talk shows, the Democratic presidential nominee said that he saw no reason to send more troops to Iraq and that he would seek allied support to draw down U.S. forces there. "I will have significant, enormous reduction in the level of troops," he said on ABC's "This Week."

Kerry accused President Bush of misleading the country before the war in Iraq, burning bridges with U.S. allies and having no plan to win peace. But when questioned about saying Thursday in his acceptance speech, "I know what we have to do in Iraq," he would not tip his hand.

"I've been involved in this for a long time, longer than George Bush," he said. "I've spent 20 years negotiating, working, fighting for different kinds of treaties and different relationships around the world. I know that as president there's huge leverage that will be available to me, enormous cards to play, and I'm not going to play them in public. I'm not going to play them before I'm president."

Reminded that he sounded like Richard M. Nixon, who campaigned in 1968 by saying he had a secret plan to end the war in Vietnam, Kerry responded: "I don't care what it sounds like. The fact is that I'm not going to negotiate in public today without the presidency, without the power...."

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

JIHADTHIS said:
Follow the Nixon:

Nixon widened the war geographically by bombing Laos and Cambodia, so I guess Kerry plans on bombing Syria and Iran? :banana:

Point well taken! :eek2: Love those 'secret plans'. Reminds me of McCarthy and the lists he wouldn't share!

So secrecy is a bad trait to have in a President? What a joke.

So he has this great plan that will succeed in Iraq. Doesn't that beg the question; Why is he waiting? If he has the solution, why is he sitting on it while more American soldiers die in Iraq? Why does he hesitate while more Iraqi civilians are blown up?

Could it be that the only thing he has is more of the same hot air he's been spewing for months?

Merlin1047 said:
So he has this great plan that will succeed in Iraq. Doesn't that beg the question; Why is he waiting? If he has the solution, why is he sitting on it while more American soldiers die in Iraq? Why does he hesitate while more Iraqi civilians are blown up?

Could it be that the only thing he has is more of the same hot air he's been spewing for months?

SSshh, not until he is elected! :p:

Merlin1047 said:

great post.

I was thinking the same thing
The fact is that I'm not going to negotiate in public today without the presidency, without the power
WTF is that? Yeah, real patriot! Hey Kennedy was a Democrat right? Hero to millions right? Wasn't one of his more memorable quotes "Ask not what your country can do for you but rather what you can do for your country?"

Yeah, I'm voting for flip floppin' what have you done for me lately Kerry [/sarcasm]

Hgrokit and Merlin, you are both Patriots after my own heart.

Comrade said:
Kahtianne, have you seen the Patriot?

(Yes/No?)

wink... wink...

Never mind the ;) have you cleared out your pm? :piss2:

LOL :dev3:

I've spent 20 years negotiating, working, fighting for different kinds of treaties and different relationships around the world.

Like the "People's Peace Treaty"?

Kerry's testimony, it should be noted, occurred while some of his fellow Vietnam veterans were known by the world to be enduring terrible suffering as prisoners of war in North Vietnamese prisons. Kerry was a supporter of the "People's Peace Treaty," a supposed "people's" declaration to end the war, reportedly drawn up in communist East Germany. It included nine points, all of which were taken from Viet Cong peace proposals at the Paris peace talks as conditions for ending the war.

One of the provisions stated: "The Vietnamese pledge that as soon as the U.S. government publicly sets a date for total withdrawal [from Vietnam], they will enter discussion to secure the release of all American prisoners, including pilots captured while bombing North Vietnam." In other words, Kerry and his VVAW advocated the communist line to withdraw all U.S. troops from Vietnam first and then negotiate with Hanoi over the release of prisoners. Had the nine points of the "People's Peace Treaty" favored by Kerry been accepted by American negotiators, the United States would have totally lost all leverage to get the communists to release any POWs captured during the war years.

http://www.usvetdsp.com/story10.htm

When AP gets this negative with a dem, watch out:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20040803/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_iraq_deal

Critics Attack Kerry's Iraq Troops Plan

31 minutes ago

By RON FOURNIER, AP Political Writer

WASHINGTON - John Kerry (news - web sites) says he can "put a deal together" as president to drastically reduce U.S. troop strength in Iraq (news - web sites), a pledge reminiscent of Richard Nixon's secret plan to end the Vietnam War and Dwight D. Eisenhower's promise to stop fighting in Korea.

Like those Republican presidential candidates, the Democrat's blueprint for peace lacks detail and has critics squawking.

With voters skittish about the death toll in Iraq, Kerry is pinning blame on President Bush (news - web sites) and his shaky relationships with allies who have refused to support U.S. troops with soldiers of their own. The four-term Massachusetts senator suggests he has back-channel assurances that foreign leaders would do more if he were president.

"There is a potential to be able to put a deal together over the course of time," Kerry told The Associated Press in his first interview as the Democratic nominee. "At least, that is the perception that smart people like Joe Biden and, you know, Carl Levin and other leaders who've been there for a long time."
:rolleyes:

"There is a potential to be able to put a deal together over the course of time," Kerry told The Associated Press in his first interview as the Democratic nominee. "At least, that is the perception that smart people like Joe Biden and, you know, Carl Levin and other leaders who've been there for a long time.

Heck of a plan there Johnboy.........

JIHADTHIS said:
"There is a potential to be able to put a deal together over the course of time," Kerry told The Associated Press in his first interview as the Democratic nominee. "At least, that is the perception that smart people like Joe Biden and, you know, Carl Levin and other leaders who've been there for a long time.

Heck of a plan there Johnboy.........

Yep, words of a great leader! ;) :rotflmao:

"There is a potential to be able to put a deal together over the course of time," Kerry told The Associated Press in his first interview as the Democratic nominee. "At least, that is the perception that smart people like Joe Biden and, you know, Carl Levin and other leaders who've been there for a long time."
The following are nearly contigous paragraphs at http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjournal/local/2004/07/29bidentospeakonk.html

What I find amusing is the "flip-flop". "I don't speak for John...'At every stop, Biden says that Kerry...'".
"I don't purport to speak for John Kerry," Biden told about 600 government officials and political leaders from more than 100 nations, during a preconvention speech at the John F. Kennedy Library.

At every stop, Biden says that Kerry would promote strong alliances, employ a "prevention strategy" to tamp down security threats before they are on the verge of exploding, and would shore up failing countries.
I point this out only because it demonstrates how even within their party, they do not seem to know what is going on. While Kerry is stroking Biden and Levin as "smart people" in the original post, Biden is somewhat distancing himself and hedging in the article I am posting from.

I mean, :wtf: are these folks thinking?

Forum List

Back