Kerry knows nothing of deer hunting

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
Kerry can't shoot deer or stop terror
By Mark Steyn

There's a bumper sticker I see on a lot of Vermont cars these days: "BE PATRIOTIC – VOTE GEORGE BUSH OUT". The trouble is you can't vote Bush out, you have to vote the other fellow in. And convention week marks the point when Americans begin to get to know the challenger the way they know the incumbent. I find it hard to believe that getting to know John F Kerry can possibly work to his advantage.

He was in Wisconsin the other day, pretending to be a regular guy, and was asked what kind of hunting he preferred. "I'd have to say deer," said the senator. "I go out with my trusty 12-gauge double-barrel, crawl around on my stomach... That's hunting."

Link

Crawling around with a 12 gauge shoot gun while deer hunting. :wtf: What a complete dumbass! No self respecting hunter would discribe himself in a positive light by crawling around on his stomach while deer hunting. Geeze John stick to cussing out Secret Service guys while biffing it snowboarding.

Well he has the "Crawling around" part down okay..He's been doing that for 20 years.
It just doesn't go with hunting Deer. Guess his advisors didn't tell him that. :D

12 ga with slugs...It'll take a deer down, but ruin alot of meat. I always used a Remington Model 700 .270 with 130gr Winchester Silvertips. One shot...One kill, and alot more meat. Never tried shooting from a prone position though. It would've been awfully hard shooting down the hill.

I'm not disputing the shot gun aspect of hunting. But if Kerry thinks he is going to seem more likeable to sportsmen by referring to hunting he should know what he is talking about.

Just how in the hell do you locate and stalk deer (aka hunting) while crawling around on your stomach? Not to mention all of the obstacles that would present themselves low to the ground in case he ever did get a shot.

Growing up in a family of deer hunters, not to mention married to one, I about pissed myself laughing so hard when I read this!!! I guess the tree stand manufactors will go out of business now, Kerry's come up with a different way to hunt, LMAO!!!

Well at least he didn't say he ever succeeded at actually shooting one. Ya reckon he's got a thorn in his butt and a medal to prove it ? Bet he looks great in a coon skin cap too !!

tim_duncan2000 said:
I've never heard of anyone trying to hunt deer with a shotgun. I thought everyone knew that.

As a kid, we hunted deer with a 410 shotgun using slugs. I was always told that using a 12 guage with slugs would do too much damage.

Forum List

Back