Kerry kid blasts Bush over Haiti

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
So let me get this straight. It's wrong to take action in Iraq, but we should have taken action in Haiti? Why do I get the feeling that if Bush refused to take action against Iraq the Dems would be complaining about that too? These retards do a lot of complaining but offer absolutely nothing. They'll just blindly take the opposite stance than the republicans, regardless of right or wrong. Yes, these are the type of morons I want running the country. :rolleyes:

STONY BROOK, N.Y. - Taking a page out of her father's campaign playbook, John Kerry's youngest daughter yesterday criticized the Bush administration for its handling of the crisis in Haiti.

"I believe this administration just helped overthrow, basically overthrow, a democratically elected president," Vanessa Kerry, 27, said during a campaign stop at Stony Brook University of the ouster of Jean-Bertrand Aristide. "We basically, in our silence, allowed him to be deposed."

At a debate Sunday among Democratic presidential candidates in New York City, John Kerry said Bush's actions were "late, as usual." Sen. John Edwards, his chief rival, agreed.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/nation/8083176.htm

why is it we have to get involved in every skirmism,civil war,and political change that takes place in this world(o.k. not all -obviously we did nothing in rawanda) wasting american tax dollars and worse yet american soldiers lives(myself being a former paratrooper)?why do we have massive amounts of troops deployed all over the globe and stationed in numerous bases in countries no one can pronounce or gives a rats ass about at the expense of the american people(7 trillion and climbing)?we have rapid deployment forces that can respond any where in the world in under 18 hours,we have floating cities(there called aircraft carriers)which are able to respond even quicker.i am not advocating closing all overseas military installations but i think we can close alot of them.i say no more nation building,no more getting caught up in age old religious and ethnic struggles,no more peace keeping,no more humanitarian aid,no more foreign aid,no more united nations,no more nato.i say we have individual treaties with individual countries that best suit our needs.

why is it we have to get involved in every skirmism,civil war,and political change that takes place in this world(o.k. not all -obviously we did nothing in rawanda) wasting american tax dollars and worse yet american soldiers lives(myself being a former paratrooper)?why do we have massive amounts of troops deployed all over the globe and stationed in numerous bases in countries no one can pronounce or gives a rats ass about at the expense of the american people(7 trillion and climbing)?we have rapid deployment forces that can respond any where in the world in under 18 hours,we have floating cities(there called aircraft carriers)which are able to respond even quicker.i am not advocating closing all overseas military installations but i think we can close alot of them.i say no more nation building,no more getting caught up in age old religious and ethnic struggles,no more peace keeping,no more humanitarian aid,no more foreign aid,no more united nations,no more nato.i say we have individual treaties with individual countries that best suit our needs.

THat would be a great thing however we can't let the world rule itself. we're the only nation with the money and power to influence political strife through out the world. It is a nessiasary evil. Without the bases and the tropps we'ld have 9-11's all the time. We no longer can be a reactionary force. we have to be preemptive.

Forum List

Back