Kerry is now attending an Pro Abortion Rally...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://drudgereport.com/rcka.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU APRIL 22, 2004 17:09:25 ET XXXXX

KERRY ABORTION FLIP: ADVOCATED 'STATE ISSUE'

**Exclusive**

Democratic Presidential candidate John Kerry will attend a rally for women's abortion rights in Washington, DC on Friday.

At the rally, Kerry will ask attendees to join him in the fight by getting involved in his campaign.

But the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal: Kerry claimed in an interview he was "opposed to abortion" and how its an issue "that should be left for the states to decide."

MORE

Kerry told the LOWELL SUN in October, 1972: "...It's a tragic day in the lives of everybody when abortion is looked on as an alternative to birth control or as an alternative to having a child. I think that's wrong. It should be the very last thing if it has to be anything, and I say that not just because I'm opposed to abortion but because I think that's common sense."

Kerry declared: "I think the question of abortion is one that should be left for the states to decide."

In 1975, SUN reporter John Mullins outlined how Kerry believed there were larger issues than abortion including "how to put people back to work, how to reduce crime and how to keep institutions from breaking down."

"'I think liberals spend too much time pushing issues which just aren't relevant to the mass of people,' Kerry said, including among such issues abortion, the death penalty and amnesty."

Again which side is it John? Are you against abortion? If so, why are you attending a pro-abortion Rally and asking those woman for support? This man has no core values. He doesnt know what he believes in. He believes in everything and nothing all at the same time.

Morally he is opposed...politically he is for - the vote that is.

He is looking for the female support....and this is the best route for him..but actually I really believe that one can be morally against something and politically for it...for me, the reason is that no one knows the reason why a woman has to abort the child - but I am in no way for an abortion after three mos....a fully grown fetus? No no no!!!

Originally posted by insein

Again which side is it John? Are you against abortion? If so, why are you attending a pro-abortion Rally and asking those woman for support? This man has no core values. He doesnt know what he believes in. He believes in everything and nothing all at the same time.

Well, clearly people's views tend to change over time. Especially 32 years.
If he said one thing last year and the other this year I'd be more interested.

This is true. As long as he admits it and doesnt dodge it.

People can change their minds....just make sure you dont keep changing your mind.

Originally posted by winston churchi
This is true. As long as he admits it and doesnt dodge it.

People can change their minds....just make sure you dont keep changing your mind.

Yeah. I definitely need to do some more reading up on Kerry, since I'll probably be voting for him.

I know he has been accused of flip-flopping quite alot.

I'd also like to take a look at all of 43's campaign promises, and see which he actually followed through in.

My point is that has made cases on both sides of an issue alot in his carreer. When i vote for the President of the US, i want to know the guy can make a decision and stick with it. I don't him to push a law and then a year or 2 later change his mind and make another law to repeal the first one. Someone with this kind of indecision is not good for President.

Yeah, I agree.
He could always just get a Veep to make decisions for him :cof: j/k, kinda

I think he's gonna stay pro-murder from now on.

This whole article is based on a logical flaw. Being Pro-Choice doesn't make you pro-abortion. I am pro-choice though I am morally opposed to abortion. I am pro-choice because I don't believe the government should be legislating on these types of deeply personal moral issues. John Kerry hasn't flip-flopped. Drudge is nothing but a right-wing hatchet man.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
This whole article is based on a logical flaw. Being Pro-Choice doesn't make you pro-abortion. I am pro-choice though I am morally opposed to abortion. I am pro-choice because I don't believe the government should be legislating on these types of deeply personal moral issues. John Kerry hasn't flip-flopped. Drudge is nothing but a right-wing hatchet man.

acludem

Another good point. I also am pro-choice but I don't love abortion.

I do see it as a last resort for some women. I am in no position to legislate a woman's vagina or womb.

My point is that has made cases on both sides of an issue alot in his carreer. When i vote for the President of the US, i want to know the guy can make a decision and stick with it. I don't him to push a law and then a year or 2 later change his mind and make another law to repeal the first one. Someone with this kind of indecision is not good for President.

Politically speaking, the man just seems to be a follower and not a leader. My perception on him is that he votes whatever he thinks is the popular leaning of the moment. Who or what he's following is beyond me, I don't think even he knows...........

It's called the Democrat Litmus Test.

If you are pro-choice (and by this, they mean in a Wesley Clark kind of way) you are an acceptable Democrat candidate.

Not pro-choice? Sorry, not good enough.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
It's called the Democrat Litmus Test.

If you are pro-choice (and by this, they mean in a Wesley Clark kind of way) you are an acceptable Democrat candidate.

Not pro-choice? Sorry, not good enough.

I suppose there is some truth to that. Millions of Americans are scared about the type of person that might be elected to the highest court in the land, in addition to other offices. Just look at who he(edit:Bush) nominated for appointment as Attorney General!

Ashcroft came to national prominence in the late 1980s when Missouri brought suit to enforce a state law restricting abortion in Webster v. Reproductive Health Services. The U.S. Supreme Court ultimately upheld Missouri’s law.

He-he, I cstill can't get over the fact that he lost his senate reelection campaign to a dead man :rolleyes:

You don't think the Republicans have a litmus test? If you aren't virulently anti-choice you aren't allowed to be on the Presidential ticket. They don't like pro-choice house or senate candidates either. Arlen Specter is facing a tough challenge in Pennsylvania from a right-winger. Bush is facing harch criticism within the Republican Party for supporting Specter. Republicans are predominantly anti-choice, Democrats are predominantly pro-choice, that's just the way it is.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
You don't think the Republicans have a litmus test? If you aren't virulently anti-choice you aren't allowed to be on the Presidential ticket. They don't like pro-choice house or senate candidates either. Arlen Specter is facing a tough challenge in Pennsylvania from a right-winger. Bush is facing harch criticism within the Republican Party for supporting Specter. Republicans are predominantly anti-choice, Democrats are predominantly pro-choice, that's just the way it is.

acludem

you mean democrats are pro-death and republicans are pro-life.

when it comes to convicted felons:
democrats are pro-life and republicans are pro-death.

but if you want to talk about education:
republicans are pro-choice and democrats are anti-choice.
;)

Forum List

Back