Kerry found something

It will only fall on the ears of the radical left and ignorant who can't think for themselves.

I know, he's horrible.

THE RIGHT IS RIGHT

You know for a guy who has admitted to committing and witnessing atrocities in Vietnam that make this incident look like an afterschool social, he sure is a hypocritical SOB.

I know . I don't see where he is geting that Bush has reacted slow on this either?! He is full of it. The Bush adm. has been all over this and I personally,feel G.W. has nothing to apologize for. That is what Kerry wants...so he can try to spin it as if G.W. saw this going on himself!

extract from kerry's statement:
The horrifying abuse of Iraqi prisoners which the world has now seen is absolutely unacceptable and inexcusable,"

Sorry, maybe I missed something, but I didn't see anything that looked worse than a frat party hazing.

"Horrifying" is making a prisoner drink gasoline and then lighting it off.

"Horrifying" is filling a prisoner's mouth with molten lead.

"Horrifying" is feeding a prisoner into a wood chipper.

"Horrifying" is the sight of a woman being forced to kneel and having a bullet shot into the back of her head.

"Horrifying" is the thought that kerry, an unprincipled, self-serving opportunist might occupy the White House.

I have no sympathy for the Iraqi prisoners. They were simply getting a dose of their own. The only reason I object to their treatment is that we're supposed to be better than that and these soldiers disgraced their uniform and their country.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
extract from kerry's statement:

Sorry, maybe I missed something, but I didn't see anything that looked worse than a frat party hazing.

"Horrifying" is making a prisoner drink gasoline and then lighting it off.

"Horrifying" is filling a prisoner's mouth with molten lead.

"Horrifying" is feeding a prisoner into a wood chipper.

"Horrifying" is sight of a woman being forced to kneel and having a bullet shot into the back of her head.

"Horrifying" is the thought that kerry, an unprincipled, self-serving opportunist might occupy the White House.

I have no sympathy for the Iraqi prisoners. They were simply getting a dose of their own. The only reason I object to their treatment is that we're supposed to be better than that and these soldiers disgraced their uniform and their country.

Ding ding we have a winner.:clap:

I feel that our soldiers would have gotten a lot worse. Maybe I don't know enough about the details,but I think it doesn't seem to be torture or anything. These are people that wanted to kill our men. I will admit though,there is a part of me that feels it is wrong,and not like the U.S. At the same time(bouncing back and forth here).I wouldn't doubt this kind of stuff went on in other wars. We are just more sensitive about it now. Did we actually hurt any of them?

Originally posted by Merlin1047

and while here in america we're mostly comfortable with that kind of activity, in an even worse sexually conservative country like Iraq, they are deeply shamed by it. Thats also one of the huge differences that people don't realize between the west and the middle east. Ours is a guilt culture while their's is a shame culture. huge difference that has huge ramifications when fucked with.

From kerry's mouth in the article - "I think the world needs to hear from the president that the United States of America regrets any kind of abuse of this kind or any kind of effort like this,"

ok, did I imagine the whole thing about bush doing this exact thing YESTERDAY?????

Are you tired of your own abject ignorance?
my point is easily proven. i implore you to prove yours, or STOP THE SLANDERING. you only do it to make yourself feel better about all the contradictions with this 'war'.

another thing to remember is that not ALL of these prisoners were there for any other reason than being in the wrong place at the wrong time. maybe like 95% of them truly deserved to be there.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
and while here in america we're mostly comfortable with that kind of activity, in an even worse sexually conservative country like Iraq, they are deeply shamed by it. Thats also one of the huge differences that people don't realize between the west and the middle east. Ours is a guilt culture while their's is a shame culture. huge difference that has huge ramifications when fucked with.

So it's worse to humiliate them because their culture is less tolerant of nudity?

So it would be more acceptable to do this to Americans because our culture is more permissive?

If I'm wrong, set me straight on what you're saying please.

Does it bother anyone that a man who admitted to torturing POWs in Vietnam is now called for the Sec. of Defense to resign over this?

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
So it's worse to humiliate them because their culture is less tolerant of nudity?

So it would be more acceptable to do this to Americans because our culture is more permissive?

If I'm wrong, set me straight on what you're saying please.

you would truly do less mental and emotional harm by using physical torture leaving them fully clothed than doing what was done here. Thats the difference between shame and guilt cultures. Most americans would probably care less about being photographed nude with others so long as we got out of the prison unharmed while most islamists would rather be whipped than suffer enforced nudity.

I also don't remember saying that it was more acceptable anywhere. I DO remember saying that we were more comfortable with nudity though.

Originally posted by preemptingyou03
Does it bother anyone that a man who admitted to torturing POWs in Vietnam is now called for the Sec. of Defense to resign over this?

Everything about kerry bothers me immensely. Every bullshit answer. Every expressionless vacant Lurch-like stare. Every flip. Every flop. Every elitist, flippant and dismissive statement. I kind of hate haircuts now, just because he gets HIS hair cut.

I should go to your frat party. I've never seen a guy have a broomstick shoved up his ass. Must be a riot.:rolleyes:

The Iraqis went through torture, not knowing whether or not you're about to be shocked is torture. Having to bang another guy to most of us, and especially to the iraqi society, is torture.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
I should go to your frat party. I've never seen a guy have a broomstick shoved up his ass. Must be a riot.:rolleyes:

The Iraqis went through torture, not knowing whether or not you're about to be shocked is torture. Having to bang another guy to most of us, and especially to the iraqi society, is torture.

Yes. but as torture goes, it's virtually nothing.

Forum List

Back