Kerry Files Suit Vs. Ads Challenging His War Record

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004

I am not so sure this is a smart move by the Kerry campaign. This could open up a can of worms that, it appears, HE won't be able to close. I know this is just a suit to stop the ad, but it could lead to a suit that determines whether the ads constitute "defemation" or not. If so, won't the proof of burden be on Kerry? Won't HE have to prove that the ads ARE lies? If so, it will force him to release records that he hasn't wanted released so far. Plus, it could lead to his "supporters" to PROVE they served with him. There IS already evidence that AT LEAST two of the vets that claim they served on his boat with him, didn't.

This could get bewry intewesting!

freeandfun1 said:

I am not so sure this is a smart move by the Kerry campaign. This could open up a can of worms that, it appears, HE won't be able to close. I know this is just a suit to stop the ad, but it could lead to a suit that determines whether the ads constitute "defemation" or not. If so, won't the proof of burden be on Kerry? Won't HE have to prove that the ads ARE lies? If so, it will force him to release records that he hasn't wanted released so far. Plus, it could lead to his "supporters" to PROVE they served with him. There IS already evidence that AT LEAST two of the vets that claim they served on his boat with him, didn't.

This could get bewry intewesting!

Unless he brings the suit to Mass. He can get one of his liberal buddies on the bench to create a new law for him that says no Bashing of democratic candidates allowed.

insein said:
Unless he brings the suit to Mass. He can get one of his liberal buddies on the bench to create a new law for him that says no Bashing of democratic candidates allowed.

Given the three principals involved in your hypothetical (Massachussets, the bench, and Democrats), such a move is not all that far-fetched.

Good God - don't give them any ideas!
:eek:

I guess it's perfectly fine when Michael Moore lies about Bush, when people like McAuliffe say that Bush was AWOL, when people bring up drug use allegations against Bush, and when MoveOn.org spouts their BS.

tim_duncan2000 said:
I guess it's perfectly fine when Michael Moore lies about Bush, when people like McAuliffe say that Bush was AWOL, when people bring up drug use allegations against Bush, and when MoveOn.org spouts their BS.

Their hypocrisy is surpassed only by their audacity.

The peon dems have been screaming for Kerry to sue the Swifties to prove his honor---Unfortunately he has none but has to do something to attempt to put a lid on his Pandoras Box. I think the plan is to file the complaint and maybe a suit. Then when he is asked any further questions he can answer with the patent "It's an ongoing situation and I'm unforunately I'm not free to speak about the situation ". Media changes the subject while the "investigation" is under way and *poof* --It's gone!

boy,this is sad seeing all these vets go at each other like this-all because of Kerry wrapping himself in a war he didn't support for political gain.

His lawyers are staying quite busy it sounds like.

:bsflag:

before AND after we vote too---it's a shame. There are just no elder statesmen who are respected enough to stop this dogfight.

Forum List

Back