Kerry, fake Catholic

softwaremama

Jul 8, 2004
Chicago area
What gets me about Kerry is that he's a fake Catholic. He appropriates Catholic-ness, the parts he likes, but defies other beliefs for which he has disdain. He still takes communion even though divorced and remarried (a no-no) and he is pro-choice, a stance Catholics cannot take while remaining faithful to their church. I don't know whether Kerry voted against the ban on partial birth abortion [sic].

Catholicism as a faith choice comes w/a price, so pay up or be something else, just don't pretend to be Catholic. Kerry is FAKE through and through if his core, his spirituality, is fake. I am sure Americans have learned through the priest sex scandals, Cardinal Law debacle, and ongoing lawsuits and their aftermath, that defying the principles of the faith is anathema. And costly in so many ways.

Let's not mention Edwards (what religion is he?), who supposedly voted against the ban on partial birth abortion. Why is no one talking about this in the mainstream media? (Ha.)

----Better a real Methodist than a fake Catholic.---

(bumper sticker idear?)

Originally posted by softwaremama
What gets me about Kerry is that he's a fake Catholic. He appropriates Catholic-ness, the parts he likes, but defies other beliefs for which he has disdain. He still takes communion even though divorced and remarried (a no-no) and he is pro-choice, a stance Catholics cannot take while remaining faithful to their church. I don't know whether Kerry voted against the ban on partial birth abortion [sic].

Catholicism as a faith choice comes w/a price, so pay up or be something else, just don't pretend to be Catholic. Kerry is FAKE through and through if his core, his spirituality, is fake. I am sure Americans have learned through the priest sex scandals, Cardinal Law debacle, and ongoing lawsuits and their aftermath, that defying the principles of the faith is anathema. And costly in so many ways.

Let's not mention Edwards (what religion is he?), who supposedly voted against the ban on partial birth abortion. Why is no one talking about this in the mainstream media? (Ha.)

----Better a real Methodist than a fake Catholic.---

(bumper sticker idear?)

Edwardo is a Methodist.

Kerry's pathetic attempt to curry favor with Catholic voters brings up an awkward fact.

One of two things has to be true:

1. Jonn Kerry has no principles at all, and would sell his grandmother into slavery for a vote, or:

2. John Kerry DOES have principles, such as the belief that life begins at the moment of conception, but, if principles might cost him a vote, screw the unborn!

Both can be true in Kerryland! Kerry adjusts his message to the audience, per insein's earlier comment.

Too bad the unborn cannot vote, huh.

The term flip-flop doesn't have much punch. Let's call it Belief-O-Matic. He's sort of a Ronco politician, needs an infomercial.

(But wait: pro-choice--oh no--it's life at conception! Wait, it's all half price, then you get a extra set of plastic utensils free if you call NOW.)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Ronco Belief-o-matic. How perfect!

Act now and you'll receive - not one - but TWO free gifts:

The Ronco Skull Vac AND the retractable rosary beads!

It's two votes for the price of one. Vote Kerry, and you can be assured he will always support you unless speaking to someone else.

BTW, the Pope has forbidden Kerry from taking communion.

What gets me about Dubbyuh is that he's a fake Christian. He appropriates Christianity, the parts he likes, but defies other beliefs for which he has disdain.

Christianity as a faith choice comes w/a price, so pay up or be something else, just don't pretend to be Christian. Dubbyuh is FAKE through and through if his core, his spirituality, is fake. I am sure Americans have learned through the priest sex scandals, Cardinal Law debacle, and ongoing lawsuits and their aftermath, that defying the principles of the faith is anathema. And costly in so many ways.

Let's not mention Cheney (what religion is he?). Why is no one talking about this in the mainstream media? (Ha.)

Under Vatican II, something called "Freedom of Conscious" was created which says that if you truly feel that your conscious tells you that doing something against the church is right, than it is right. Freedom of Conscious is what Kerry cites when explaining his reasoning for being for abortion.

BTW, the Pope has forbidden Kerry from taking communion.

Link? Doesn't seem like something the Pope would do, especially since the church stays out of politics, neither party represents christianity.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
BUSH - FAKE PATRIOT!

This is coming from Bully, the USMB leftist equivalent of Big D, no need to pay attention really. I think i'll take my advice frm here on out.

Originally posted by OCA
This is coming from Bully, the USMB leftist equivalent of Big D, no need to pay attention really. I think i'll take my advice frm here on out.

Dubbyuh and his band of thugs soil the word "patriot" every time they utter it..

Originally posted by softwaremama
Both can be true in Kerryland! Kerry adjusts his message to the audience, per insein's earlier comment.

Too bad the unborn cannot vote, huh.

The term flip-flop doesn't have much punch. Let's call it Belief-O-Matic. He's sort of a Ronco politician, needs an infomercial.

(But wait: pro-choice--oh no--it's life at conception! Wait, it's all half price, then you get a extra set of plastic utensils free if you call NOW.)

Kerry is whats lovingly referred to as a "cafeteria catholic" I think that says it all..........additionally I would add he is a cafeteria person........ or perhaps a chamelion???

Forum List

Back