Kerry Caught in Whopper Trying to Get the Cuban Vote

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
John Kerry doesn't just flip-flop in his desperate attempt to be all things to all voters; he even makes things up.

In an article Sunday in the Miami Herald that an alert reader just sent us, the soft-on-communism Washington waffler, pandering for the prized Cuban-American vote in crucial Florida, claimed: "I'm pretty tough on Castro, because I think he's running one of the last vestiges of a Stalinist secret police government in the world."

The Herald reported:

"Then, reaching back eight years to one of the more significant efforts to toughen sanctions on the communist island, Kerry volunteered: 'And I voted for the Helms-Burton legislation to be tough on companies that deal with him.' ...

"There is only one problem: Kerry voted against it," the newspaper noted.

And remember little Elian Gonzalez? Kerry wants your vote no matter what you think about how Bill Clinton, Janet Reno and company sent the poor boy back to Fidel Castro's tropical gulag.

"I didn't agree with that," the Massachusetts Democrat insisted.

The Herald reported: "But when he was asked to elaborate, Kerry acknowledged that he agreed the boy should have been with his father.

"So what didn't he agree with?" the paper wondered.

Here's all that Kerry could stammer: "I didn't like the way they did it. I thought the process was butchered."

Lt. Gov. Toni Jennings predicted that Kerry's record on Cuba would "haunt" him.

President Bush's campaign manager, Ken Mehlman, told the Herald, "Kerry is much softer on Castro than Al Gore was."

Perhaps the vicious dictator is one of the "foreign leaders" that Kerry claims secretly support him.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/3/16/172138.shtml

and this is the best of the Democratic party? is it dementia or altimers ..? or is he after the pity me vote at the same time...anyone that votes for this fella is off-in-the-head...just like he is..

they asked other senators about meaningful legislation he has passed.guess what they came up with?
NOTHING!they couldn't recall one single thing.

Well Ive been thinking about it and i cant think of one piece of legislation any politican has made that has been significant. So i think it would be difficult to find one for Kerry specifically.

I don't think Kerry introduced much legislation at all. Significant or insignificant. I think I heard on the radio that he had introduced virtually nothing in his many years in the Senate.

Truly a man with convictions, drive, and ideas.

He's a privledged career politician, nothing more, and definately not a leader.

It's a shame that some dems. are so anti-Bush that they can't see through this fake. It really does scare me!!

The dems are not going to be voting for Kerry this election, they are going to be voting against Bush. And that is why they are going to lose. It will be hard to have a large turn out for Kerry.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
The dems are not going to be voting for Kerry this election, they are going to be voting against Bush. And that is why they are going to lose. It will be hard to have a large turn out for Kerry.

I'm kind of surprised I have not been challenged on this point.

Originally posted by jimnyc
It's kind of hard to argue the blatant truth.
Yup, they can blather on all they want about one thing or the other, it really boils down to those votes.

Ever notice when Bush is questioned or attacked(on this board) there are many attempts to refute those claims, but when Kerry is questioned or attacked little is made of it?

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Yup, they can blather on all they want, it really boils down to that.

Ever notice when Bush is questioned or attacked(on this board) there are many attempts to refute those claims, but when Kerry is questioned or attacked little is made of it?

Yep, sure is nice to be supporting a candidate that we actually believe in, unlike so many democrats.

Forum List

Back