Kerry, Captive: An anatomy of Flip Flopping

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
In truth, the only sober course in Iraq is to correct the tactical lapses (lax security during the looting, porous borders, unguarded arms depots, undisturbed terrorist sanctuaries, harassing but not eradicating Islamic fascists) in continual pursuit of larger strategic successes. The sanctuary of al Qaeda is drying up in Pakistan while its money sources from Saudi Arabia are under new audit. Libya has flipped. Iran is now under global examination. Syria is apprehensive. Afghanistan is free of theocracy. All this shrinks the world of the Islamic fascists, which before 9/11 was expanding.

Kerry should remind us that none of these recent positive developments are sustainable unless the actual fighting on the ground in Iraq results in clear-cut victory, which is tragically obtained by the sacrifices of America's superb military. But this he will not or cannot do, either because he does believe in it or because he long ago bartered his wisdom to obtain support from the Howard Dean Left.

So Kerry flip and flops like a fish out of water, suggesting that his heart is with Howard Dean while his mind concurs with George Bush — and thus his schizophrenia is on the verge of leading his party to a landslide defeat in the electoral college, and the loss of all branches of government with it. Americans simply have never voted for leaders who insult their allies on the battlefield, claim that their soldiers are losing, and shrug that the war is about lost. And they surely won't this time either.

http://www.nationalreview.com/hanson/hanson200410010715.asp

I only quoted the last three paragraphs. great piece. I thought the first of the three paragraphs was the best of them though because it spells out everything thats really happened since 911.

I happen to agree with the article of course. Americans have never voted for leaders who insult their allieso n the battlefield, claim that their soldiers are losing, and shrug that the war id about lost. We wont either. If America ever did something like that, it would be the administration in which America would be destroyed.

Forum List

Back