Kerry campaign admits first purple heart is from self inflicted wound.

I was wondering how the Kerry campaign would spin this; well, here it is in today's Washington Times.

A Kerry campaign official, speaking on background, told The Washington Times yesterday that the "we" in the passage from Mr. Kerry's journal refers to "the crew on Kerry's first swift boat, operating as a crew" rather than Mr. Kerry himself.
"John Kerry didn't yet have his own boat or crew on December 2," according to the aide. "Other members of the crew had been in Vietnam for some time and had been shot at and Kerry knew that at the time. However, the crew had not yet been fired on while they served together on PCF 44 under Lieutenant Kerry."

Is that the best they can come up with? It's pathetic.

britinusa said:
I was wondering how the Kerry campaign would spin this; well, here it is in today's Washington Times.

A Kerry campaign official, speaking on background, told The Washington Times yesterday that the "we" in the passage from Mr. Kerry's journal refers to "the crew on Kerry's first swift boat, operating as a crew" rather than Mr. Kerry himself.
"John Kerry didn't yet have his own boat or crew on December 2," according to the aide. "Other members of the crew had been in Vietnam for some time and had been shot at and Kerry knew that at the time. However, the crew had not yet been fired on while they served together on PCF 44 under Lieutenant Kerry."

Is that the best they can come up with? It's pathetic.

So we have definations of "is" and "we" coming from that side of things.

Maybe Kerry's has a special definition of "wound", like Clinton had one for "sex".

This is going to hurt Kerry the same way the internet quote killed Gore.

I'm just amazed at the responses in the media.
First they ignored it, and now they ask if everyone is sick of it.
True independent journalism is dead.

Forum List

Back