Kerry campaign admits first purple heart is from self inflicted wound.

Hmmm, if true, that means he was ineligible for that first Purple Heart....

(All Services)

Awarded for wounds or death as result of an act of any opposing armed force, as a result of an international terrorist attack or as a result of military operaitons while serving as part of a peacekeeping force.

Wonder if the military will rescind the award?

Democrat4Bush said:
This is like a snowball rolling down hill, getting bigger and bigger.

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/002317.php

Which is also interesting because it was his 3 total purple hearts that made it possible for him to get out in 4 months.

So I guess that means we need to send him to Iraq until he shoots himself in the foot again for his final purple heart........LOL if only :funnyface

Interesting. Isn't this what Chris Mathews of "Hardball" just took Michelle Maupin's(sp?) ass for? He is eating his words. Wonder if there will be a public apology....NOT!

:rolleyes:

So far none of the other news sources are saying anything. I can only find something on NewsMax and WorldNet. WorldNet's article is from the beginning of August.

Here is a link to the Fox News video feed, and there isnt much there either.

I sure as hell hope something comes out of this...

krisy said:
Interesting. Isn't this what Chris Mathews of "Hardball" just took Michelle Maupin's(sp?) ass for? He is eating his words. Wonder if there will be a public apology....NOT!

:rolleyes:

Im somewhat surprised Krisy that there hasn't been more to do being made at his disgusting behavior even if he is a liberal. Although I caught some of his show last night, and he was grilling that Kerry autobiographer fairly well re Kerry's anti war rederic post war.

Bonnie said:
Which is also interesting because it was his 3 total purple hearts that made it possible for him to get out in 4 months.

So I guess that means we need to send him to Iraq until he shoots himself in the foot again for his final purple heart........LOL if only :funnyface

That wont do; some terrorist would have to shoot him for the recommendation for a Purple Heart to be valid. They dont give Purple Hearts to people who shoot themselves!

If this is true, I don't see Kerry making it to the election. He's already been caught in the Cambodia lie ( even the WashPo has given up on that). Now this. The media will be compelled to properly investigate ALL the claims made by the SwiftVets given that two of their claims have already panned out. I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for Kerry. But I'm also concerned that we may have another "Torricelli" with Hillary Clinton riding to the Dems rescue (instead of Frank "The Cadaver" Lautenberg).

Can you imagine the mood at Kerry's campaign HQ?

CSM said:
That wont do; some terrorist would have to shoot him for the recommendation for a Purple Heart to be valid. They dont give Purple Hearts to people who shoot themselves!

Good point, Im sure ther is one stupid terrorists who would do the job nicely!!!!!!!!

If anything, this sort of thing will force the Kerry camp to abandon the "military hero" approach and shift towards the "champion of the middle class and down trodden" approach. It will be interesting to watch not only the damage control efforts of the DNC but also observe a shift in tactics.

In case you haven't seen it, here is the relevant journal entry:

"They pulled away from the pier at Cat Lo with spirits high, feeling satisfied with the way things were going for them. They had no lust for battle, but they also were were not afraid. Kerry wrote in his notebook, ' A cocky feeling of invincibility accompanied us up the Long Tau shipping channel because we hadn't been shot at yet, and Americans at war who haven't been shot at are allowed to be cocky.'"

I was wandering how the Kerry camp would try to spin this. I came up with three approaches:

1) It was a typo. It was supposed to be December 1st, not December 11th. That won't work because Kerry's birthday is mentioned. His birthday is indeed Dec 11.

2)Clintonesque semantic games ("It depends what the meaning of "shot at" is") That won't work.

3) Kerry only meant they hadn't been shot at that day. That's the way I thought they would go. I was surprised when I heard Brit Hume say Kerry had conceded. I guess after claiming December 2 was the most frightening day of his life, he couldn't really by feeling cocky and invincible just nine days later.

this was also on drudge report

Kerry's campaign now says is possible first Purple Heart was awarded for unintentional self-inflicted wound...

Kerry received Purple Heart for wounds suffered on 12/2/68...

In Kerry's own journal written 9 days later, he writes he and his crew, quote, 'hadn't been shot at yet'... Developing...

www.keepoutkerry.com

One other minor point - in regards to his home made videos of himself in Vietnam.

Did Kerry ever pay back the cost of the ammunition and fuel that he used to "reenact" those scenes? It seems like he was wasting a lot of tax payer money to make movies for his future presidential bid. How does that fit with the campaign finance laws?

britinusa said:
' A cocky feeling of invincibility accompanied us up the Long Tau shipping channel because we hadn't been shot at yet, and Americans at war who haven't been shot at are allowed to be cocky.'"

So not only is he a liar, but he's also stupid and a poor commander. How wonderful.

Zhukov said:
Considering he ended his term of service early on account of having three purple hearts, would that mean they'd send him back to Vietnam to finish his tour?

Actually, about all the military could do at this point is take the Purple Heart away from him. Since he is no longer under the UCMJ they couldn't really prosecute him for falsifying a government report, conduct unbecoming an officer, or any of the other myriad of charges inherent with the implication of not really being eligible for that Purple Heart.

Politically, I would imagine the rescinding of the Purple Heart could be damaging to his campaign.

Forum List

Back