Kerry backpedaling on statements made about the UN...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
excerpt from "Meet the Press 4/18/04

MR. RUSSERT: And people refer back to an interview when you first ran for Congress, back with The Harvard Crimson, where you said, "Kerry said the United Nations should have control over most of our foreign military operations. I'm an internationalist. I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations."

SEN. KERRY: That's one of those stupid things that a 27-year-old kid says when you're fresh back from Vietnam and angry about it. I have never, ever, ever, in any vote, in any policy, in any speech, in any public statement advocated any such thing in all of the years I've been in elected office. In fact, I say the following and I say it very clearly, I will never cede the security of the United States to any institution and I will never cede our security to any other country. No country will have a veto over what we need to do to protect ourselves. But, that said, I will be a president who understands, as every president of the last century did, Tim, that multilaterism is not weakness, it is strength, and we need a president who understands how to reach out to other countries, build alliances. His father did a brilliant job of it. We need to do the kind of alliance-building that we have done traditionally.

http://msnbc.msn.com/ID/4772030/

Does the guy stand by anything he has ever said.

My response to Mr. Kerry:

1. Will you please clarify which stupid things you did as a kid that you no longer stand by? Does that include your time in Vietnam, or only the inconvienient years directly after your return?

2. Which do you consider more important: national security or alliances?

3. Which part of "There are 52 nations that have joined the US in the Coalition of the Willing in Iraq" do you not understand?

Give the guy a break, he was young.

Just like Bush and his drug incident......

:p:

[/sarcasm]

Originally posted by NewGuy
Give the guy a break, he was young.

Just like Bush and his drug incident......

:p:

[/sarcasm]

Bush aside as the subject is about Kerry...yes you can argue he said stupid things many years ago - but he is also using that many years ago as means to get elected...you cannot have it both ways.

Forum List

Back