Kerry apologizes.............Sort of?

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
What, no tv camera's, no press conference called
:rolleyes:

As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.

It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don’t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops.

http://blog.johnkerry.com/2006/11/a_statement_from_john_kerry.html

Posted by John Kerry on November 1, 2006 4:24 PM | Link

As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.

It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don’t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops.

Something tells me this is as humble as this elitist gets.

Even Cheny admitted he aimed at one thing and hit the other.

I saw this, I wonder if he recognizes that he further implied the troops are less than intellectually capable?
"I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended."​
In other words, they are just to unable to 'understand' what was said. They made a mistake, he's sorry they did.

Personally, that wouldn't work as an apology for me, not with the 'qualifier'.

I saw this, I wonder if he recognizes that he further implied the troops are less than intellectually capable?
"I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended."​
In other words, they are just to unable to 'understand' what was said. They made a mistake, he's sorry they did.

Personally, that wouldn't work as an apology for me, not with the 'qualifier'.

Called it a day and 1/2 ago: http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=498389&postcount=11

Forum List

Back