Kerry and Nader to meet

Most likely, Kerry is going to smile and wave at the camara, then bitch and complain and beg Nader to drop out behind closed doors.

Reaching into left field for a possibility: Kerry/Nader ticket?

Originally posted by Jimmyeatworld
Most likely, Kerry is going to smile and wave at the camara, then bitch and complain and beg Nader to drop out behind closed doors.

Reaching into left field for a possibility: Kerry/Nader ticket?

It would at least provide some comic relief.....

Nader hates both parties. It's not like Kerry can bribe Nader with a Cabinet post or anything. (The thought of Secretary of Labor Ralph Nader scares the crap out of me though.) I don't see what could possibly come out of this meeting.

Originally posted by acludem
What do you think will come out of this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5008072/

acludem

I think it should be an interesting discussion. I'm curious how Kerry will react to Nader. This seems sort of unprecedented, to rivals meeting in a public forum with the joint goal of perhaps vocalizing their shared reasons for unseating the current administration. Is it?

Since most polls seem to indicate that Nader is taking about 5% fo the vote from Kerry and Kerry lags Bush in most but not all of the polls by 3 - 10 points, maybe Kerry will ask Nader to join the ticket.

It is a thought, but I doubt it only because I don't think Kerry will overlook the fact that many of those that vote democratic are really more aligned with Republicans in their views, they only vote democratic because that is how they have been "programmed" for decades.

Take my parents as good examples:

Q: Mom, dad, do you believe in abortion?
A: Hell NO!

Q: Do you believe in gays in the military?

Q: Do you believe in welfare?

Q: Do you believe in rampant lawsuits?

Q: Do you believe that "One nation under God" is okay in the pledge of alliegance??
A: Hell YES!

Q: Who ya gonna vote for on election day?
A: Whomever is on the democratic ticket.

That is typical of not just my parents, but many older, conservative democrats that have been brainwashed over the decades into thinking that the democrats "are more caring".

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Since most polls seem to indicate that Nader is taking about 5% fo the vote from Kerry and Kerry lags Bush in most but not all of the polls by 3 - 10 points, maybe Kerry will ask Nader to join the ticket.

It is a thought, but I doubt it only because I don't think Kerry will overlook the fact that many of those that vote democratic are really more aligned with Republicans in their views, they only vote democratic because that is how they have been "programmed" for decades.

Take my parents as good examples:

Q: Mom, dad, do you believe in abortion?

Q: Do you believe in gays in the military?

Q: Do you believe in welfare?

Q: Do you believe in rampant lawsuits?

Q: Do you believe that "One nation under God" is okay in the pledge of alliegance??
A: Hell YES!

Q: Who ya gonna vote for on election day?
A: Whomever is on the democratic ticket.

That is typical of not just my parents, but many older, conservative democrats that have been brainwashed over the decades into thinking that the democrats "are more caring".

That sounds like a whole lot of opinion and very little fact.
Not saying there isn't ANY truth to it, just that it is quite avague generalization.

Originally posted by nycflasher
That sounds like a whole lot of opinion and very little fact.
Not saying there isn't ANY truth to it, just that it is quite avague generalization.

I have relatives like this too. Old school arkansas democrats.

The only part that is open to being called a generalization is:

The part about my partents is fact, the part about the polls is fact and can be verified.

Geeze.

Honestly, CAN YOU READ?

Can you have a discussion without calling me illiterate? I wasn't trying to be insulting, that was just an opinion.

Your second paragraph is a run-on sentence, so maybe I just got confused.

I'm just not sure "many older, conservative democrats that have been brainwashed over the decades into thinking that the democrats "are more caring" or that "many of those that vote democratic are really more aligned with Republicans in their views, they only vote democratic because that is how they have been "programmed" for decades."

But maybe your right. People have all different reasons for voting the way they do.

Actually, I have heard that WWII generation voters typically just vote Democrat because that was who they always voted for. I think if they would look at how the parties stand on the issues now, as opposed to how it was 40-50 years ago, they would vote solidly Republican.

I think what Kerry will do in this meeting is to ask Nader not run the kind of nasty campaign he ran in 2000. I think he'll ask Nader to run the type of campaign that Pat Buchanan ran in 2000. A campaign of ideas, trying to get a certain message out, rather than a campaign designed to try and take votes away from John Kerry. This is why Bush won in 2000, Buchanan could have easily cost him the election if he had ran the same type of campaign Nader did.

acludem

Forum List

Back