Kenyan does marathon in less than 2 hours

It was not an official marathon, but the distance was official

He had a pace car and other runners pacing him. But it did show that two hours was possible

there's a copy thread on this
these people are like inhuman to be able to run like that!!

Not surprised that it would be a Kenyan to beat it. You have to be fast to outrun the cheetahs and other wild animals that are likely to be chasing you through the Kenyan forests.

Eliud Kipchoge creates history, running a marathon in under two hours
Nobody outruns a cheetah but I'll bet he could run down any deer on the African plain.
Kenyans are good long distance runners.
yes...Ethiopians also
..I thought I remember Kenyans winning both male and female races
Kenyan runners win men, women’s races at record-breaking Jerusalem Marathon

Not surprised that it would be a Kenyan to beat it. You have to be fast to outrun the cheetahs and other wild animals that are likely to be chasing you through the Kenyan forests.

Nobody outruns a cheetah but I'll bet he could run down any deer on the African plain.
yes...Ethiopians also

Africa has spawned a huge number of tremendous athletes over the years, so that's really not that surprising. Sudan's Abdullah the Butcher, Kamala from the Republic of Uganda, Colonel DeBeers, the mercenary from the Union of South Africa, are among the fantastic sports heroes that the dark continent has spawned.

yes...Ethiopians also

Africa has spawned a huge number of tremendous athletes over the years, so that's really not that surprising. Sudan's Abdullah the Butcher, Kamala from the Republic of Uganda, Colonel DeBeers, the mercenary from the Union of South Africa, are among the fantastic sports heroes that the dark continent has spawned.
...from my reading of the Zulu Wars, they would run for miles--as a group--to the battle area/etc

While we had marathon parties when we lived on the UES of Manhattan on First Ave. We were 2 blocks north of the Queensboro Bridge.It always amazed me that the first runners, usually Kenyans, were doing 5 minute miles at mile 20 and they were so focused, straight as a fucking arrow with absolute confidence and running with skill and precision.

It’s called genetics. Yet the ignoramouses amongst us would tell you “were all the same”. “There’s only one race; the human race.” Fucking idiots...

While we had marathon parties when we lived on the UES of Manhattan on First Ave. We were 2 blocks north of the Queensboro Bridge.It always amazed me that the first runners, usually Kenyans, were doing 5 minute miles at mile 20 and they were so focused, straight as a fucking arrow with absolute confidence and running with skill and precision.

I don't think a Kenyan ever won the Youngstown Marathon however. The last winner was from East Liverpool.

I don't think a Kenyan ever won the Youngstown Marathon however. The last winner was from East Liverpool.
Why would a Kenyan run the Youngstown Marathon?

Why would a Kenyan run the Youngstown Marathon?

Why would a Kenyan run any American marathon race? Because its there.

That is an average of 4:34 mile for 26.2 miles.

If there are any runners here, tell them how hard it is to break just one mile in under 6 minutes.

That, is the greatest sports accomplishment ever.

Forum List

Back