Kentucky: Our Same-Sex Marriage Ban Isn't Anti-Gay Because It Applies To Straight People, Too

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear's administration is arguing the state's ban on same-sex marriage isn't discriminatory because it applies to straight people, too.

"Kentucky’s marriage laws treat homosexuals and heterosexuals the same and are facially neutral. Men and women, whether heterosexual or homosexual, are free to marry persons of the opposite sex under Kentucky law, and men and
women, whether heterosexual or homosexual, cannot marry persons of the same sex under Kentucky law," the Democratic governor said in a brief filed with the Supreme Court on March 27.

In the brief, Beshear also argues "there is no fundamental right to same-sex marriage."

More: Kentucky: Our Same-Sex Marriage Ban Isn't Anti-Gay Because It Applies To Straight People, Too

Huh? Sounds pretty bizarre to me.

Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear's administration is arguing the state's ban on same-sex marriage isn't discriminatory because it applies to straight people, too.

"Kentucky’s marriage laws treat homosexuals and heterosexuals the same and are facially neutral. Men and women, whether heterosexual or homosexual, are free to marry persons of the opposite sex under Kentucky law, and men and
women, whether heterosexual or homosexual, cannot marry persons of the same sex under Kentucky law," the Democratic governor said in a brief filed with the Supreme Court on March 27.

In the brief, Beshear also argues "there is no fundamental right to same-sex marriage."

More: Kentucky: Our Same-Sex Marriage Ban Isn't Anti-Gay Because It Applies To Straight People, Too

Huh? Sounds pretty bizarre to me.
This must be Gay month, or Gay week, or Gay year. There're so many posts on Gays, I'm wondering if this isn't some Gay site akin to Gay bars and Gay night clubs. What's with all the Gay posts? Did I miss something in the news lately? I'm sure the government appreciates the distraction from of their dirt, corruption, and non-representation. No doubt that Mr. Obama is loving every minute we spend talking about Gays, their activities, the Gay hate groups, the defenders of Gays, and Gay protests. As soon as word spreads that this site is dedicated to Gay discussions, we'll no doubt see an increase in membership. The question is, "is there anything concerning Gays that we haven't already beat to death in the past few days?" If so, will someone please bring it forward so we can clear the air and get back to the important issues that affect all of our daily lives, our future, and the future of our grand children.

Since bashing Liberals seems to be popular on this forum, lets bash them instead, and give Gays a rest for awhile. Or, we could debate whether there're any differences between Republicans and Democrats. Or, maybe, how Mr. Obama will end his presidency without being run out of town. Or, we could discuss how Obamacare will eventually bankrupt all of us. Hey, what about discussing how much longer we can allow our infrastructure to deteriorate before we're forced to start the repairs and upgrades. Another good one would be trying to guess the absolute maximum we can reach with our national debt before the defecation hits the oscillating rotary. Any other suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks.

Forum List

Back