Kentucky drug testing welfare recipients?

If someone on Welfare can afford to buy drugs, alcohol or cigarettes they should be able to buy their own food.

Pay their own rent.

Pay their own medical and dental needs for themselves and their family.

Testing for drugs sounds like a great idea to me.

Last edited:
If someone on Welfare can afford to buy drugs, alcohol or cigarettes they should be able to buy their own food.

Pay their own rent.

You truly are an idiot aren't you? Have you stopped to consider the staggering amount it would cost to drug test everyone JUST ONCE, never mind testing them more than once.

And, there's the chain of custody that you've got to worry about, as well as false positives and government workers who really don't care much about their jobs mixing up tests.

It wouldn't cut the cost of welfare, it would exponentially increase it.

An idiot?? Me? Because I disagree with you. LOL Your a hoot Biker baby.

The sum it would take to drug test is nothing compared to the vast sum we spend on Welfare every year in this country to include health care costs, food and housing.

You can also add to that the high cost of Welfare fraud which happens all across this country every year as well.

I'm perfectly well aware of chain of custody and mistakes that can be made.

I still think its a great idea. You betcha.

Last edited:

Pay their own rent.

So its ok for a ceo in charge of your pension funds ?...because he an pay for his own drugs ?

ff_welfare_race_of_tanf_recipients.png

Is this true? I think it's a brilliant idea. Or maybe put a time limit on it? 3? 5? 10? 20 years?

why people on welfare ? why not police,first responders and polititons,ceos...these people have a lot more responsiblty to the public than a person on welfare

Last time I checked... cops, firemen, medical personell, and most working schlubs have to pee in a cup. Folks on welfare should be glad thats all we ask of them :doubt:

Is this true? I think it's a brilliant idea. Or maybe put a time limit on it? 3? 5? 10? 20 years?

why people on welfare ? why not police,first responders and polititons,ceos...these people have a lot more responsiblty to the public than a person on welfare

Last time I checked... cops, firemen, medical personell, and most working schlubs have to pee in a cup. Folks on welfare should be glad thats all we ask of them :doubt:

really? can you provide a link to any mandated large scale drug testing of police ,firemen? or medical workers

Given that most of the people on welfare are children, my guess is the percentage of people who benefit from welfare that are taking drugs is relatively low.

I think it's a bad idea that will mostly appeal to people who object to welfare for idealogical reasons.

Anyone who applies for a government job will certainly have to take a drug test before being hired.

So if the government wants to know you're clean before they pay you money for an actual TASK, why shouldn't they make sure you're clean before they give it to you for NOT doing a task?

Given that most of the people on welfare are children, my guess is the percentage of people who benefit from welfare that are taking drugs is relatively low.

I think it's a bad idea that will mostly appeal to people who object to welfare for idealogical reasons.

Anyone who applies for a government job will certainly have to take a drug test before being hired.

So if the government wants to know you're clean before they pay you money for an actual TASK, why shouldn't they make sure you're clean before they give it to you for NOT doing a task?

Wrong! congress, the president even judges do not have to take drug tests.
And does anyone really think that nayone in a VP or above position in private industry takes drug tests?

Last edited:

And who's fault is that?

And who's fault is that?

good question. They make the rules remember.

I have never seen it on a ballot for me to vote on.

The founding fathers I suppose.

Forum List

Back