Kentucky drug testing welfare recipients?

Where I think the point is being missed, is that drug testing costs money. Whose pocket does that money come out of? The taxpayers. Who do you think invents these bills? Lobbyists from drug testing companies!

If my private employer wants to drug screen me because I have access to narcotics, I have no problem with that. I also have to undergo a background check every time I renew my licensure. This is not a problem for me, because I wouldn't want someone who has a criminal record nursing me either.

Now, if I happen to behind with my credit card payment, that is my business. Unless I had access to piles of cash, my credit card balance is irrelevant.

Drug use in the medical end is a huge problem. I think that testing should be mandatory once or twice every month. I agree. I don't want them working on me either.

I know it would cost money. How much money would we save from the checks that wouldn't go out for failures of drug tests? Also, I think of it as stimulating the economy with jobs.

Drug tests as currently used can yield false positives.

Are you going to deny benefits because some clerk screwed up the test? BTW.......do you know how intensive the chain of custody from testee to positive is? Do you also realize the extreme cost that is involved in testing every sample? I do. That's why the military generally tests only 15-30 percent of the samples that are taken.

And yeah...........eating poppy seed bread WILL make you test positive for opiates if you eat more than 3 muffins in a day. Mythbusters proved that.

What a crock of shit.

The positive reading threshold for opiates have been raised due to things like poppy seeds.

Do you ever think before you spout your bullshit?

Yeah......actually, I do. I was a DAPA for the Navy for 8 years.

And, wanna also talk about the numerous exemptions you'd have to make for people on medication, as well as wanna talk about the HUGE government cost to administer thousands of tests?

That's right.......you don't because you have no answers.

The answer is quite simple "make them take the test". What percentage of individuals are on welfare because they know if they work they will be tested for drugs? We have a huge government now with the majority of it not having much to do except make work. The tests could be administered by those government employees that are just sitting on their hands.

Several things here.......first, welfare is a FEDERAL PROGRAM. What about all the places where pot is legal for medicinal uses?

Second, we've seen what government employees who sit on their hands do, TSA anyone? What makes you think that average civilians are going to keep a good custody log for people they screen?

Is this true? I think it's a brilliant idea. Or maybe put a time limit on it? 3? 5? 10? 20 years?

I would be careful with this...

drug testiung for dangerous drugs I would accept

but NOT drug testing for alcohol or pot

I would hate to tell poor people that they can NOT have a little drink or two or smoke a little weed to ease the pain of poverty...

if one must be poor shouldnt they at least have a little joy and fun in their lives?

must they be poor AND miserable?

Several things here.......first, welfare is a FEDERAL PROGRAM. What about all the places where pot is legal for medicinal uses?

Second, we've seen what government employees who sit on their hands do, TSA anyone? What makes you think that average civilians are going to keep a good custody log for people they screen?

Perhaps what we should ask is should people who use drugs be allowed to collect welfare?

Is this true? I think it's a brilliant idea. Or maybe put a time limit on it? 3? 5? 10? 20 years?

I would hate to tell poor people that they can NOT have a little drink or two or smoke a little weed to ease the pain of poverty...

if one must be poor shouldnt they at least have a little joy and fun in their lives?

Many people are poor because of alcohol and drugs. Many people are unemployed because of alcohol and drugs.

Dope (old school there) is illegal under Federal criminal law everywhere including Federal territories. Even though pot is legal in some instances under state law, federal law is above state law. And even though welfare is federally funded it is administerd and controlled at the state level.

Yeah cause pot and alcohol are going to make them happy.

Did you ever think that maybe pain is a good thing? That avoiding one's problems only exacerbates the problems?

Wickedness never was happiness.

If they're poor and miserable well, maybe they'll do something about the poor part.

At least, I would.

Many people are poor because of alcohol and drugs. Many people are unemployed because of alcohol and drugs.

Wrong. Many people are poor because their jobs were shipped overseas to India or China.

Those that drink? Maybe that's why they're poor.

Those that use drugs? Most become dealers who make money. If you legalized pot, you could collect taxes on it.

Get a clue.

Wrong. Many people are poor because their jobs were shipped overseas to India or China.

Those that use drugs? Most become dealers who make money. If you legalized pot, you could collect taxes on it.

Get a clue.

Pot makes you stupid and if you do it long enough it makes you not care that you are stupid. If you think that pot will bring in more money for Obama to spend than it will cost the taxpayers then you are on pot therefore......yes you would be stupid.

Get a clue.

Pot makes you stupid and if you do it long enough it makes you not care that you are stupid. If you think that pot will bring in more money for Obama to spend than it will cost the taxpayers then you are on pot therefore......yes you would be stupid.

Interestingly enoug, Harvard, the Royal British Medical Society, as well as many scientists and doctors from the CIA and US Military would beg to differ with you Birthed Wrong.

Might wanna get some real information on the substance than just swallowing the racist bullshit started by Anslinger in "Reefer Madness".

You DO realize that it was made illegal back in 1939 because Anslinger didn't like Blacks or Hispanics, and since they were the primary consumers of it, that is why it was made illegal.

But, then again, what else should I expect from a wingnut idiot such as yourself Birthed Wrong?

Get a clue.

Interestingly enoug, Harvard, the Royal British Medical Society, as well as many scientists and doctors from the CIA and US Military would beg to differ with you Birthed Wrong.

Might wanna get some real information on the substance than just swallowing the racist bullshit started by Anslinger in "Reefer Madness".

You DO realize that it was made illegal back in 1939 because Anslinger didn't like Blacks or Hispanics, and since they were the primary consumers of it, that is why it was made illegal.

But, then again, what else should I expect from a wingnut idiot such as yourself Birthed Wrong?

Harvard, the Royal British Medical Society, Scientists and doctors from the CIA and US Military......What a strange combination of groups. Do you think Scientists and doctors work for the CIA and Military? You must have fallen off your bike.....probably while smoking dope.

My experience is not from use but from observing those that do. My military experience definitely proved to me that a druggie made a inferior soldier. They may have done very well in the office that you ran for the Navy but I doubt it. My experience as a State Trooper showed me that very few druggies have a job. Those that do work generally work at a remedial job that does not take quick thinking or ambition.

Are you trying to say that pot was made illegal because of some racial thing? It might be considered racist to say only blacks and hispanics smoke dope. Some whites smoke dope also and they would be just as stupid as the blacks and hispanics that smoke dope.

Knowing the vast credentials that you have please contact Harvard and the Royal British Medical Society and get their opinion on pot lowering the ambition of individuals. You do realize that the guy who sells the pot on the Harvard campus is not considered an expert in the field.

Like I said, Birthed Wrong, google or wikipedia it.

Everything I have read that has a positive report on Marijuna is from some leftist group who was probably high when they did there report. There are some actual studies that have been done by responsible parties that differ from those studies.

Don't count on the military placing a couple of joints in your C-rations.

Like I said, Birthed Wrong, google or wikipedia it.

Everything I have read that has a positive report on Marijuna is from some leftist group who was probably high when they did there report. There are some actual studies that have been done by responsible parties that differ from those studies.

Don't count on the military placing a couple of joints in your C-rations.

Really? Harvard Medical is "leftist"? The Royal British Medical Society is "leftist"?

By the way Birthed Wrong, we don't use C-rations anymore, we use MRE's in the military.

New Topics

Forum List

Back