Kentucky drug testing welfare recipients?

Most employers, including the government, require drug testing.

I am all for drug testing of welfare recipients, before they have to pick up your check. You fail, no check.

Welfare is direct deposit into the account I believe, like how food stamps are now directly deposited into an EBT card, they arent actually food stamps per say.

I think you are right.

I feel that they should have to pick any funds up and have a drug test to claim it. Don't pass the drug test, so sorry not check.

Well if their going to do the drug testing it has to be random like in the Military, any drug user worth his salt can pass a drug test if he has a few days to clean himself up before hand.

I am all for drug testing of welfare recipients, before they have to pick up your check. You fail, no check.

A lot of government employees only have to do a drug test if they are suspected of involvement.

But why not take this further and drug test everyone renewing a drivers license. A drugged driver is certainly more dangerous than a poor unemployed mother. Get a gun permit, drug test them. People who are high carrying guns, dangerous, right? Run for public office, drug test. They are the ones passing the laws and taking your money in taxes. I am sure there are others. Just where do we stop?

Welfare is direct deposit into the account I believe, like how food stamps are now directly deposited into an EBT card, they arent actually food stamps per say.

I think you are right.

I feel that they should have to pick any funds up and have a drug test to claim it. Don't pass the drug test, so sorry not check.

Well if their going to do the drug testing it has to be random like in the Military, any drug user worth his salt can pass a drug test if he has a few days to clean himself up before hand.

Not with Hair testing, esp for pot.

A lot of government employees only have to do a drug test if they are suspected of involvement.

But why not take this further and drug test everyone renewing a drivers license. A drugged driver is certainly more dangerous than a poor unemployed mother. Get a gun permit, drug test them. People who are high carrying guns, dangerous, right? Run for public office, drug test. They are the ones passing the laws and taking your money in taxes. I am sure there are others. Just where do we stop?

People should be drug tested before they cross state lines.

yep where does it stop.
Get pregnant? A mandatory drug test to be sure you do not harm the fetus?
If you fail you are prosecuted for child endangerment?

I think you are right.

Isn't hair testing expensive and very inaccurate? from what I heard you could be at a concert and if people smoke weed next to you, you could test positive because it is in your hair. Even the Military doesn't do hair testing.

I think drug testing how much coke Wall Street had up it's nose when it sent the country into an economic tailspin is also an excellent idea. Those that test positive should be jailed for their drug crimes. If you can't get them for being nefarious fuckers, give them jail time for their drug habits.

There's a war on drugs, alas, no war on being a greedy unpatriotic bastard with no morals.

What makes you think that there is no drug policy at Wall Street firms?

Do you have a problem drug testing those living on welfare? If so explain.

Drug tests as currently used can yield false positives.

Are you going to deny benefits because some clerk screwed up the test? BTW.......do you know how intensive the chain of custody from testee to positive is? Do you also realize the extreme cost that is involved in testing every sample? I do. That's why the military generally tests only 15-30 percent of the samples that are taken.

And yeah...........eating poppy seed bread WILL make you test positive for opiates if you eat more than 3 muffins in a day. Mythbusters proved that.

Are you going to deny benefits because some clerk screwed up the test? BTW.......do you know how intensive the chain of custody from testee to positive is? Do you also realize the extreme cost that is involved in testing every sample? I do. That's why the military generally tests only 15-30 percent of the samples that are taken.

And yeah...........eating poppy seed bread WILL make you test positive for opiates if you eat more than 3 muffins in a day. Mythbusters proved that.

I think that not only should welfar recipients be tested for drugs, they should also be tested for nicotine.

If they have enough money to purchase cigarettes...they have enough money.

What a crock of shit.

The positive reading threshold for opiates have been raised due to things like poppy seeds.

Do you ever think before you spout your bullshit?

What a crock of shit.

The positive reading threshold for opiates have been raised due to things like poppy seeds.

Do you ever think before you spout your bullshit?

Yeah......actually, I do. I was a DAPA for the Navy for 8 years.

And, wanna also talk about the numerous exemptions you'd have to make for people on medication, as well as wanna talk about the HUGE government cost to administer thousands of tests?

That's right.......you don't because you have no answers.

I've had to take a drug test,a polygraph and a physical.Because I was over 40 at the time the medical exam required the Doctor to take a finger and insert it....Well you understand.Anyway I did all that for employment.

The least people who are on the Government dole can do to keep getting the government handout is to take a drug test....No test,no help.

All of the people you list aren't looking for a government handout check now are they.

They would be working and paying for any drugs they take....our of their own pockets. They are not expecting you and i and our tax dollars to pay for a drug habbit.

Last edited:
Where I think the point is being missed, is that drug testing costs money. Whose pocket does that money come out of? The taxpayers. Who do you think invents these bills? Lobbyists from drug testing companies!

If my private employer wants to drug screen me because I have access to narcotics, I have no problem with that. I also have to undergo a background check every time I renew my licensure. This is not a problem for me, because I wouldn't want someone who has a criminal record nursing me either.

Now, if I happen to behind with my credit card payment, that is my business. Unless I had access to piles of cash, my credit card balance is irrelevant.

Isn't hair testing expensive and very inaccurate? from what I heard you could be at a concert and if people smoke weed next to you, you could test positive because it is in your hair. Even the Military doesn't do hair testing.

Testing hair is more extensive therefore it is more expensive. It will not test positive if you were at a concert where druggies are smoking dope unless you are sucking it in with them.

If they confirm tests using GC/MS, they can break it down into all of the metabolites of all the narcotics available.

There is no oxycodone in poppy seeds.

Forum List

Back