Kennedy

Why don't you take a visit to NYC and see what your Saudi friends did to our World Trade Center?

This from the guy who claims a degree in Communications, with a 'focus' on the media'. Left wing hyperbolic bullshit in place of rational thoughtful comment. We're lucky you are not a journalist. Your articles would be hyperbolic shit.

Not hyperbolic at all. The Saudi government's involvement with 9/11 is well documented. As a "journalist" you should have known that. :lol:

I'm not a journalist. Never have been a journalist, probably will never be a journalist... nor have I ever claimed to be a journalist.

And I do know the link between Saudi Arabia and the 9/11 terrorists. What I have no evidence for is that either group are 'friends' with Warrior102, or any other poster on this board. Unless you have evidence that supports that comment, it will stand as hyperbolic bullshit. You are becoming one of the boards 'tabloid journalists'. :lol:

Color me shocked! The left turn it into a 'left or right' thing instead of a genuine concern for ethics in our media.

It's actually laughable. The media before Fox = good. The media after Fox = evil. And it's all because of conservatives.

And they wonder why I call them stupid?

This entirely non-partisan post bashing partisan politics brought to you by California Girl.

This from the guy who claims a degree in Communications, with a 'focus' on the media'. Left wing hyperbolic bullshit in place of rational thoughtful comment. We're lucky you are not a journalist. Your articles would be hyperbolic shit.

Not hyperbolic at all. The Saudi government's involvement with 9/11 is well documented. As a "journalist" you should have known that. :lol:

I'm not a journalist. Never have been a journalist, probably will never be a journalist... nor have I ever claimed to be a journalist.

And I do know the link between Saudi Arabia and the 9/11 terrorists. What I have no evidence for is that either group are 'friends' with Warrior102, or any other poster on this board. Unless you have evidence that supports that comment, it will stand as hyperbolic bullshit. You are becoming one of the boards 'tabloid journalists'. :lol:

I'm not a journalist at all. And Warrior102 "defense" of the Saudis suggests a friendly demeanor toward them. It was a bit of a leap in logic..but what the heck. :lol:

I'm not a journalist at all. And Warrior102 "defense" of the Saudis suggests a friendly demeanor toward them. It was a bit of a leap in logic..but what the heck. :lol:

"Defense"?

It was not a leap in logic, it was a leap from logic into sheer fucking fantasy. I can understand why you're desperately trying to hide that fact... but it remains a fact. Your accusation was nothing more than hyperbolic bullshit.

Color me shocked! The left turn it into a 'left or right' thing instead of a genuine concern for ethics in our media.

It's actually laughable. The media before Fox = good. The media after Fox = evil. And it's all because of conservatives.

And they wonder why I call them stupid?

This entirely non-partisan post bashing partisan politics brought to you by California Girl.

I remain rational enough to notice the elephant in the room. It's not my problem if that is a rare trait on USMB.

"Defense"?

It was not a leap in logic, it was a leap from logic into sheer fucking fantasy. I can understand why you're desperately trying to hide that fact... but it remains a fact. Your accusation was nothing more than hyperbolic bullshit.

You're not real good at this. Let's review. I pointed out that FOX is owned by both an Aussie national and Saudi national. The response was a snide suggestion I put "saudi (not aussie)" crude in my tank. I don't own a car..by the way..

And it was a defense of the Saudis, who, with me being from NYC and American, I naturally have a beef with.

Hence..the "Logical leap".

I know explaining things to you in such a manner..is a waste of keystrokes..but what the heck.

I try. :eusa_whistle:

The weak mind is in the one that refuses to see how we got to this point.
I think it's pretty clear that we got to this point because journalists stopped being journalists by editorializing when presenting themselves as reporting.

We see that happening in ALL news outlets today.

It's so bad that many readers can't distinguish between the two.

And, this part is my strong opinion: I also can't stomach the tabloid nature of political discourse today. But, more sickening to me is the fact that IF something like what happened 38 years ago yesterday were to happen today, we would see some really sick shit reported in the news. And, it would be actual news because it wouldn't be as much of an anomaly today - more of the citizenry has no compunction about being gleeful about tragedies because the 'other team' will look bad. But, they look worse.
FOX is consistently labeled the number one cable news network. And yet they earn that title for their commentators, Bill O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck....yellow journalists. At one time there was a clear line between yellow journalism and journalism. That line has blurred.

But there are still plenty of good journalists out there. You are apparently looking for them in the wrong places.
They are commentators, as you said. Then you go on to talk about journalism.

You seem quite confused.

I remember as a 7 year old being more upset over the shooting of Oswald than the shooting of Kennedy. It was the first time I had ever seen someone really shot on live TV

I remember as a 7 year old being more upset over the shooting of Oswald than the shooting of Kennedy. It was the first time I had ever seen someone really shot on live TV

I was in highschool and that was a shock, but seeing Kennedy shot was horrific. Strangely enough, when the World Trade Centers went down I felt the same way. I remembered Kennedy.

I think it's pretty clear that we got to this point because journalists stopped being journalists by editorializing when presenting themselves as reporting.

We see that happening in ALL news outlets today.

It's so bad that many readers can't distinguish between the two.

And, this part is my strong opinion: I also can't stomach the tabloid nature of political discourse today. But, more sickening to me is the fact that IF something like what happened 38 years ago yesterday were to happen today, we would see some really sick shit reported in the news. And, it would be actual news because it wouldn't be as much of an anomaly today - more of the citizenry has no compunction about being gleeful about tragedies because the 'other team' will look bad. But, they look worse.
FOX is consistently labeled the number one cable news network. And yet they earn that title for their commentators, Bill O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck....yellow journalists. At one time there was a clear line between yellow journalism and journalism. That line has blurred.

But there are still plenty of good journalists out there. You are apparently looking for them in the wrong places.

You seem quite confused.
Sorry you didn't understand my post. Oh, well.

Enjoy your turkey.

I was in highschool and that was a shock, but seeing Kennedy shot was horrific. Strangely enough, when the World Trade Centers went down I felt the same way. I remembered Kennedy.

When I was a kid, you never saw Kennedy actually getting shot. I don't think I saw the Zapgruder film till ten years later.

Yesterday was the anniversary of JFK's assassination. We've heard stories of families mourning that tragic event, irrespective of whether they preferred a [D] or [R] after their name.

They cried. They prayed for the USA. They mourned. IF anyone happened to be happy about it, I can't find any archival news story reporting that. I suspect that there were a few folks who were glad, though.

But journalists years ago were actually journalists. They knew that reporting anything other than the facts and anything that would just be an anomaly, was not news; rather it was an emotional story to inflame and divide and, most importantly, sell like grocery aisle tabloids.

Somehow I can't imagine that journalists would do the same today, if something like that were to happen. And, somehow I think that journalism has so lowered the level of political discourse that this sort of thing would not be an anomaly today.

Just my opinion, but how sad for all of us.

This is anecdotal, so take it for what it is worth, but I am from a small town in rural Missouri that is heavily Republican and Protestant. My family has always been Democrats (even back when it probably wasn't doing us any good - i.e. when we were in Tennessee during Reconstruction.). My father was in High School when Kennedy was assassinated and he said some people cheered. So every generation has its assholes.

In that instance, I think such a pitiful response was more driven by religious (Kennedy being a Catholic) issues and not political.

All and all though, the nation mourned. It was a tragic event. Apparently my Grandfather kept it all together until they watched the funeral procession on television and John Jr. saluted the casket. He then burst into tears.

Other then that, I agree with you, to an extent, about the pitiful shape of journalism in this country.

I blame the 24 hour media machine which has turned news into tabloid shit. That's why I won't watch CNN, Fox, or MSNBC.

The main difference is that the news back then would never, ever have reported that.

Let's remember that Kennedy was hated in Dallas too and was actually warned away. Now, that being said, were the people of Dallas sad when he was shot, or just sad about their black eye over it.

Yesterday was the anniversary of JFK's assassination. We've heard stories of families mourning that tragic event, irrespective of whether they preferred a [D] or [R] after their name.

They cried. They prayed for the USA. They mourned. IF anyone happened to be happy about it, I can't find any archival news story reporting that. I suspect that there were a few folks who were glad, though.

But journalists years ago were actually journalists. They knew that reporting anything other than the facts and anything that would just be an anomaly, was not news; rather it was an emotional story to inflame and divide and, most importantly, sell like grocery aisle tabloids.

Somehow I can't imagine that journalists would do the same today, if something like that were to happen. And, somehow I think that journalism has so lowered the level of political discourse that this sort of thing would not be an anomaly today.

This is anecdotal, so take it for what it is worth, but I am from a small town in rural Missouri that is heavily Republican and Protestant. My family has always been Democrats (even back when it probably wasn't doing us any good - i.e. when we were in Tennessee during Reconstruction.). My father was in High School when Kennedy was assassinated and he said some people cheered. So every generation has its assholes.

In that instance, I think such a pitiful response was more driven by religious (Kennedy being a Catholic) issues and not political.

All and all though, the nation mourned. It was a tragic event. Apparently my Grandfather kept it all together until they watched the funeral procession on television and John Jr. saluted the casket. He then burst into tears.

Other then that, I agree with you, to an extent, about the pitiful shape of journalism in this country.

I blame the 24 hour media machine which has turned news into tabloid shit. That's why I won't watch CNN, Fox, or MSNBC.

The main difference is that the news back then would never, ever have reported that.

Let's remember that Kennedy was hated in Dallas too and was actually warned away. Now, that being said, were the people of Dallas sad when he was shot, or just sad about their black eye over it.

you're not playing the 'kids were cheering' card are you?

I remember it very clearly myself....I was 8. (not that I cared that much about politics and current events but there was NOTHING else on)

I remember the funeral very clearly.

you're not playing the 'kids were cheering' card are you?

Uh...no. How did you get that out of my post about what the press did and did not report back then?

You seem quite confused.

Enjoy your turkey.
Sorry you don't like your errors brought out.

So, when you actually know what you are talking about and can articulate some sort of point without contradicting yourself and making no sense, I look forward to reading it.

"Defense"?

You're not real good at this. Let's review. I pointed out that FOX is owned by both an Aussie national and Saudi national. The response was a snide suggestion I put "saudi (not aussie)" crude in my tank. I don't own a car..by the way..

And it was a defense of the Saudis, who, with me being from NYC and American, I naturally have a beef with.

Hence..the "Logical leap".

I know explaining things to you in such a manner..is a waste of keystrokes..but what the heck.

I try. :eusa_whistle:

Unless you walk everywhere, then these evil "saudis" own your ass. Your 'logical leap' remains a leap from fact into the world of fiction.

You try. You fail. Such is life.

You seem quite confused.

Enjoy your turkey.
Sorry you don't like your errors brought out.

So, when you actually know what you are talking about and can articulate some sort of point without contradicting yourself and making no sense, I look forward to reading it.

There does seem a lack of basic intellect by those who cannot tell the difference between 'comment' and 'news'.

Good point.

Interestingly, on a vaguely related topic, there is currently a Parliamentary Inquiry in the UK into the ethics of the British media. It's all being show live on BBC News 24. If any of it is available in the US, I suggest people try to watch it. Many high profile people are giving evidence to the Inquiry about the invasion of privacy, theft of personal information, photographs, hacking of mobile phones, etc. It's fascinating stuff.... most of it I was already aware of but for those not so closely aligned to the media, it will be an eye opener.

I'm old, so I remember that day well, November 22, 1963, when Kennedy was shot. A Friday to be followed by a solemn weekend of just Kennedy on TV and a day off for the funeral. I was in the third grade, eight years old, but the day was profound. I knew what was going on, and I wanted to understand how a man can kill the president. I still don't understand THAT and don't know who did it, but I'm convinced it wasn't any Oswald alone.

For a kid, I had some political awareness. I remember being five and thinking I was for Kennedy against Nixon. I'm not sure why.

I remember that recess came on the afternoon Kennedy wad killed. Our classroom had a TV, and we were watching the black and white coverage on ABC. The teacher told us we could stay and watch and not go outside. I had no intention whatsoever of going out to swings and teeter totters at such a time, and I could't fathom why some kids went out.

Politics in America changed radically with Ronald Reagan and a rebirth of Evangical Christianity in politics. Before Reagan, and I was twenty five when he was elected, holiness was NOT much noted in political elections.

Then Bush one wasn't too bad, and Clinton had to fight the holies who are NOT, but when Bush two came in. God was manipulated to the point of heresy.

When I was a kid and Kennedy was president, ISSUES were the point.

Not self righteousness.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back