Kennedy Wants Election Law Change

MalibuMan

Aug 27, 2008
Lebanon Ohio
National Ledger - Edward Kennedy's Successor, Ted Wants Election Law Change

"Who will be Senator Edward Kennedy's successor? He would like to hand pick that person. He wants the law changed so he can make certain he gets to hand choose his successor, special election be damned. Oh and the lawmaker would like to toss the Constitution out as well. Perhaps Kennedy should have retired.

"I am writing to you now about an issue that concerns me deeply -- the continuity of representation for Massachusetts should a Senate vacancy occur," Kennedy wrote.

How pathetic are Democrats in Massachusetts? The Sentinel and Enterprise points out that "Dem lawmakers actually took the power to appoint a replacement away from the governor in 2004 when Sen. John Kerry was running for president and Republican Mitt Romney was governor."

"The hypocrisy of it all is incredible, because the change they're talking about is what we offered in 2004," said House Minority Leader Brad Jones, R-North Reading, according to the report. Should Kennedy now be able to change law even as he is dying? If lawmakers allow this - why should they ever be trusted again?"

Sounds Typical. Change the laws to favor you. Then change it back when it no longer favors you. Terrible.

That's so he can pick another ass clown just like him to take his place when he croaks. Too bad he didn't drown with Mary Jo years ago. I've always wondered how it was that he got out of the car and she wasn't able to.

Ted Kennedy deserves nothing more than any other citizen of this country...except to be strapped into a dunking chair and held underwater for three days. If he survives, he can choose his successor.

Their hypocrisy no longer surprises me, it's rampant these days.

And the rest of the story :)

Senator Kennedy Wants the Rules to Replace Him Changed—Again - WSJ.com

What Mr. Kennedy doesn't volunteer is that he orchestrated the 2004 succession law revision that now requires a special election, and for similarly partisan reasons. John Kerry, the other Senator from the state, was running for President in 2004, and Mr. Kennedy wanted the law changed so the Republican Governor at the time, Mitt Romney, could not name Mr. Kerry's replacement. "Prodded by a personal appeal from Senator Edward M. Kennedy," reported the Boston Globe in 2004, "Democratic legislative leaders have agreed to take up a stalled bill creating a special election process to replace U.S. Senator John F. Kerry if he wins the presidency." Now that the state has a Democratic Governor, Mr. Kennedy wants to revert to gubernatorial appointments.

And the rest of the story :)

Senator Kennedy Wants the Rules to Replace Him Changed—Again - WSJ.com

What Mr. Kennedy doesn't volunteer is that he orchestrated the 2004 succession law revision that now requires a special election, and for similarly partisan reasons. John Kerry, the other Senator from the state, was running for President in 2004, and Mr. Kennedy wanted the law changed so the Republican Governor at the time, Mitt Romney, could not name Mr. Kerry's replacement. "Prodded by a personal appeal from Senator Edward M. Kennedy," reported the Boston Globe in 2004, "Democratic legislative leaders have agreed to take up a stalled bill creating a special election process to replace U.S. Senator John F. Kerry if he wins the presidency." Now that the state has a Democratic Governor, Mr. Kennedy wants to revert to gubernatorial appointments.

Thank You, you beat me to it.

Yeah this issue has been tearing up the local talk radio here in boston.

Mostly everyone is calling out the Hypocracy in it.

Truthfully Kennedy wants to make sure a Pro HR3200 person gets his seat for when the bill makes it to the senate.

Truthfully Kennedy wants to make sure a Pro HR3200 person gets his seat for when the bill makes it to the senate.

but are they gonna do what he wants?

but are they gonna do what he wants?

Thats the plan, but the person they want to put in wants to run for his seat legit next year, and if she takes the seat now she will be Barred from running when the time comes (although the common wisdom on the radio is that our state legislature will just change that law too so she can)

I think they will easily find someone who will put down a YES vote for them. Shouldn't be too hard.

So, will the Republicans who opposed changing the law back in 2004 support changing it back to what they wanted then,

or will they be hypocrites, too?:lol:

So, will the Republicans who opposed changing the law back in 2004 support changing it back to what they wanted then,

I say leave it. kennedy shit in the nest, he should sit in it and spin.

THE repubican (yes we have ONE) has the same position he had back then. He wanted to leave it as an appointment by the governor then and he is on record saying he still wants it to be that way now.

So nope, our lone republican is not being a hypocrite on this issue.

National Ledger - Edward Kennedy's Successor, Ted Wants Election Law Change

"Who will be Senator Edward Kennedy's successor? He would like to hand pick that person. He wants the law changed so he can make certain he gets to hand choose his successor, special election be damned. Oh and the lawmaker would like to toss the Constitution out as well. Perhaps Kennedy should have retired.

"I am writing to you now about an issue that concerns me deeply -- the continuity of representation for Massachusetts should a Senate vacancy occur," Kennedy wrote.

How pathetic are Democrats in Massachusetts? The Sentinel and Enterprise points out that "Dem lawmakers actually took the power to appoint a replacement away from the governor in 2004 when Sen. John Kerry was running for president and Republican Mitt Romney was governor."

"The hypocrisy of it all is incredible, because the change they're talking about is what we offered in 2004," said House Minority Leader Brad Jones, R-North Reading, according to the report. Should Kennedy now be able to change law even as he is dying? If lawmakers allow this - why should they ever be trusted again?"

Sounds Typical. Change the laws to favor you. Then change it back when it no longer favors you. Terrible.

The person that replaces Kennedy need's to be just as big of a drunk, if not more, The he is. The sooner the puke has to answer before God for killing that women by letting her drown like a bottomfeeding coward, the better. ~BH

Forum List

Back