Kennedy rips Santorum 3 years later

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
The attacks never end....these libs are really reaching....Ted Kennedy must've finally woken from a 3-year stupor :alco: after reading something back in 2002 ....then got mad at Rick Santorum for being "insensitive" because Rick blamed Bostonian liberals for promoting sick lifestyles.

Last I heard, Santorum refuses to apologize and stands by what he said. Good for him.

WASHINGTON -- In a rare personal attack on the Senate floor, Sen. Edward M. Kennedy accused Sen. Rick Santorum on Wednesday of being self-righteous and insensitive for a column he wrote three years ago linking Boston's liberalism to the sex abuse scandal in its Catholic diocese.

Santorum, R-Pa., wrote in the July 2002 column for Catholic Online that promoting alternative lifestyles feeds such aberrant behavior as priests molesting children.

"Priests, like all of us, are affected by culture," Santorum wrote. "When the culture is sick, every element in it becomes infected. While it is no excuse for this scandal, it is no surprise that Boston, a seat of academic, political and cultural liberalism in America, lies at the center of the storm."

In a speech, Kennedy, D-Mass., called for Santorum to retract his remarks and apologize to the people of Boston and Massachusetts and the nation.

"The people of Boston are to blame for the clergy sexual abuse? That is an irresponsible, insensitive and inexcusable thing to say," said Kennedy.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/apwashington_story.asp?category=1153&slug=Kennedy Santorum

ScreamingEagle said:
The attacks never end....these libs are really reaching....Ted Kennedy must've finally woken from a 3-year stupor :alco: after reading something back in 2002 ....then got mad at Rick Santorum for being "insensitive" because Rick blamed Bostonian liberals for promoting sick lifestyles.

Last I heard, Santorum refuses to apologize and stands by what he said. Good for him.

"What a irreshponshible, insheshive thing to shay. Hic. Why dint shomebody WAKE me?"

Laughs uproariously, then vomits.

What was wrong about what he said though? Nothing. Kennedy is just shocked that someone said it. Catholic Priests are part of the culture of the land they are in. It's a fact. and when the culture is sick it affects everyone.

But I am not sure Kennedy is sober yet, or atleast whether he has any cognitive skills when he is sober anyway. Santurom didn't say the people of Boston were the problem. He said that cultural and political liberalism is the problem and it's effected the people in Boston. According to Santurom the people of Boston are the victims. They are the victims of liberals like Kennedy and Kerry.

So in reality it's stuck up self righteous politicians like Kenney who are without morals and corrupt to the core that are corrupting the people. And I dont know anyone who could repeatedly get elected Senator after killing a woman and not be corrupt.

If cases from 40 years ago can be re-opened today due to new evidence or the fact that somebody (or some organization) feels that the trial wasn't fair, why can't Mary Jo Kopechne's family demand that her accident investigation be re-opened?

I would love to see that happen.

Good, truthful post, Avatar. Kennedy is just stirring things up to get himself some news coverage. He thought picking on a "right-wing, religious nut" would do the trick. How that GREAT SENATOR FROM MASSACHUSETTS yearns to be in the spotlight!

Adam's Apple said:
Good, truthful post, Avatar. Kennedy is just stirring things up to get himself some news coverage. He thought picking on a "right-wing, religious nut" would do the trick. How that GREAT SENATOR FROM MASSACHUSETTS yearns to be in the spotlight!

And waited three years for his moment.

he was "fashionably late" in relaying to authorities that Mary Jo Kopechne was in his car drowning to death. That old drunk doesn't know what day of the week it is..

Bonnie said:

living on borrowed time...he will meet his maker soon....he has lied to his electorate for some time now...but can he lie to the maker...I think not! :cuckoo:

Bonnie said:

No, he's had several "stunning" moments--to say the least--since Bush became president. Whenever Teddy has something to say, he never has to wait three years to get attention from the MSM. It's immediate, as if it what he has to say is "gospel", and people are waiting with baited breath to hear it.

Adam's Apple said:
No, he's had several "stunning" moments--to say the least--since Bush became president. Whenever Teddy has something to say, he never has to wait three years to get attention from the MSM. It's immediate, as if it what he has to say is "gospel", and people are waiting with baited breath to hear it.

And yet he has been getting elected back to the senate for years almost unopposed. He must have some solid consitiuency there in Mass??

Yes, that's a fact. I chalk it up to those people living in Massachusetts being awed by the Kennedy "glamour" and celebrity. Take him outside the state of MA and I doubt that he could have survived in the Senate this long.

Adam's Apple said:
Yes, that's a fact. I chalk it up to those people living in Massachusetts being awed by the Kennedy "glamour" and celebrity. Take him outside the state of MA and I doubt that he could have survived in the Senate this long.

I think if he were to run in NJ he'd have a pretty good shot sadly!! :( This year we probably will have Corzine as Governor as if we need that. sigh

ScreamingEagle said:

Kennedy is known for his fast response time. Just look how quickly he went to Mary Jo K's aid.

Bonnie said:
I think if he were to run in NJ he'd have a pretty good shot sadly!! :( This year we probably will have Corzine as Governor as if we need that. sigh

Didn't realize you were in NJ. Who won the Republican primary for that? I wasn't paying much attention to it.

Didn't realize you were in NJ. Who won the Republican primary for that? I wasn't paying much attention to it.

It's going to be Forester aginst Corzine.........Some great choice.. a liberal.... or a liberal :wtf:

People, people you are all missing the point here. No matter how much of a drunken hic kennedy might be (he doesn't deserve to call himself a liberal) tocall a society "sick" and blaim liberals for it is quite offensive. While this country has freedom of speech people have the right to voice agitation at something somebody else said, as kennedy did. The truth of the matter is that while it may have been 3 years ago it still happened and kennedy has every right to be pissed off tue or false (and he believes it to be false) stop jumping down liberals' throats, if liberals are really always jumping down conservatives' throats as conservatives claim then you are only stooping to a liberal's level. From what I have seen conservatives are the ones alwayys digging up ancient dirt from the past. After all in the 2004 election Bush was the first to sling mud (at Kerry's military record for example) and he did this long before Kerry pointed out anything about Bush's past such as that he went AWOL, is a proven ex cocaine-addict (We can only hope about the ex part) ex-alcoholic (same thing about the ex) and that he bankrupted nine companies before he ever lead one to be successful.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from their social environments, most people are incapable of even forming such opinions"

-Albert Einstein-

ploitical-guru said:
People, people you are all missing the point here. No matter how much of a drunken hic kennedy might be (he doesn't deserve to call himself a liberal) tocall a society "sick" and blaim liberals for it is quite offensive. While this country has freedom of speech people have the right to voice agitation at something somebody else said, as kennedy did. The truth of the matter is that while it may have been 3 years ago it still happened and kennedy has every right to be pissed off tue or false (and he believes it to be false) stop jumping down liberals' throats, if liberals are really always jumping down conservatives' throats as conservatives claim then you are only stooping to a liberal's level. From what I have seen conservatives are the ones alwayys digging up ancient dirt from the past. After all in the 2004 election Bush was the first to sling mud (at Kerry's military record for example) and he did this long before Kerry pointed out anything about Bush's past such as that he went AWOL, is a proven ex cocaine-addict (We can only hope about the ex part) ex-alcoholic (same thing about the ex) and that he bankrupted nine companies before he ever lead one to be successful.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from their social environments, most people are incapable of even forming such opinions"

-Albert Einstein-
What a bunch of garbage. Links please. Specifically where Bush slung mud at Kerry. The 'proof' of 'cocaine addict'. The 9 companies you are referring to.

ploitical-guru said:
People, people you are all missing the point here.

Well, thank goodness you've arrived, then. Please, by all means, save us from our folly. But, you might want to CHECK THE SPELLING ON YOUR NAME FIRST.

ploitical-guru said:
No matter how much of a drunken hic kennedy might be (he doesn't deserve to call himself a liberal)

My God, man - look at his voting record! His entire life has been an ode to the advancement of leftist tyranny! If Kennedy can't be called a liberal, who can??!!

ploitical-guru said:
tocall a society "sick" and blaim liberals for it is quite offensive.

I imagine it is - to those infected with the sickness of liberalism. The elimination of any and all restraints on human behavior, the breakdown of the family, the scuttling of education, the hateful and murderous lie known as the sexual revolution (along with its offspring: a national policy on abortion - with its accompanying slaughter of 40 million innocents, the legitimization of dangerous and destructive behaviors like homosexuality, and the generalized cheapening of human dignity and life), and the insidious, nonstop attacks on the very concept of self-government, are symptomatic of a disease brought about by liberalism - a disease which will ultimately lay waste to this nation unless the ideology is finally and completely put to death.

ploitical-guru said:
While this country has freedom of speech people have the right to voice agitation at something somebody else said, as kennedy did.

And, as we're doing. So, what's your problem?

ploitical-guru said:
... if liberals are really always jumping down conservatives' throats as conservatives claim then you are only stooping to a liberal's level.

Right. I gotcha. Conservatives should take the high road, and sit in stoic silence while liberals - who still enjoy a commanding position of dominance in the arena of information and culture - use that pulpit to disseminate an endless stream of self-serving lies and distortion. Brilliant, Ploi! What would have been your strategy on D-Day - throw rocks at the Germans?

ploitical-guru said:
From what I have seen conservatives are the ones alwayys digging up ancient dirt from the past. After all in the 2004 election Bush was the first to sling mud (at Kerry's military record for example)

Please provide a link citing ONE such instance. You can't, because President Bush never did any such thing.

ploitical-guru said:
and he did this long before Kerry pointed out anything about Bush's past such as that he went AWOL,

You are woefully misinformed, my friend. Take a stroll past the career graveyard, and ponder the rotting corpses of Dan Rather and Terry McAuliffe. This is what comes of presenting baldfaced lies as facts. The liberals don't hold an absolute monopoly on information any more; it's a new day in America!

Forum List

Back