Kelly Thomas Beating Death Released

You're not the only one talking about it. Several posters have commented on it saying the police knew he was both mentally-ill and non-violent.

I applaud your input on that aspect of this travesty. You have more insight on it than most, if not all of us here. I applaud that and would certainly like to see that folded into the conversation.

But as I said, there is no room for tribalism here. We are all stronger together fighting this issue than any element of us fighting it alone. The entire system of justice is broken in America.

Stand together good brother. That's how we protect people like Kelly Thomas in our society.

I don't think anyone mentioned he was non-violent. To be honest I refuse to watch the video, it would be too painful.

I'm not sure the entire justice system is broken but I can understand how one comes to that conclusion. CIT officers are usually better at handling mentally ill crisis situations.

The fact that NAMI worked with the Memphis police dept and made things better for quite a few folk on both sides should make one understand there is meaningful work to be done and results can happen.

CIT

I don't see my stance on Mental Illness as being tribal but as doing my small part to help the whole.

I completely, fully, and wholeheartedly agree with you doing your part on this issue.

My only point to you good brother is that we are stronger together .. our voices are louder .. our demand is clearer.

You're not the only one talking about it. Several posters have commented on it saying the police knew he was both mentally-ill and non-violent.

I applaud your input on that aspect of this travesty. You have more insight on it than most, if not all of us here. I applaud that and would certainly like to see that folded into the conversation.

But as I said, there is no room for tribalism here. We are all stronger together fighting this issue than any element of us fighting it alone. The entire system of justice is broken in America.

Stand together good brother. That's how we protect people like Kelly Thomas in our society.

I don't think anyone mentioned he was non-violent. To be honest I refuse to watch the video, it would be too painful.

I'm not sure the entire justice system is broken but I can understand how one comes to that conclusion. CIT officers are usually better at handling mentally ill crisis situations.

The fact that NAMI worked with the Memphis police dept and made things better for quite a few folk on both sides should make one understand there is meaningful work to be done and results can happen.

CIT

I don't see my stance on Mental Illness as being tribal but as doing my small part to help the whole.

You need to watch the video, at least the first few seconds, to understand the intent of the policeman "I'm going to fuck you up" and did he ever.

I am 63. When I was in high school it was common for the "bullies" to join the police department after high school. There wasn't much requirements back then.

CIT

You need to watch the video, at least the first few seconds, to understand the intent of the policeman "I'm going to fuck you up" and did he ever.

That's what makes it premeditated.

I'm glad that on one day, 400 people showed up to demand justice. Thank goodness this made it to You Tube because it never made the nightly news. I guess someone forgot to call a press conference. You are aware of how this case got publicized. Thomas' father, who is an ex cop himself, took pictures of his son in the hospital to a newspaper and requested that they print a story. Otherwise, nothing would ever have happened. No one was interested.

I expect that Ramos is going to be convicted of first degree murder. There is almost no way around it.

Bullshit.....this was on the news here the day it happened.....

Forum List

Back