Kelly Thomas Beating Death Released

More sad than that, is that Kelly Thomas was a fixture in this neighborhood and well known to these very police. They knew him personally and knew he was mentally illl.

Manuel Ramos thought that no one would care that a white guy was beat up by a mexican cop and he was pretty much correct. There are no crowds screaming Justice for Kelly.

Wrong.

There are lots of crowds screaming for Kelly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6TaBc1HBd0]Justice for Kelly Thomas Protest 8/6/11 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDC3z03fgeE&feature=related]Ballad of Kelly Thomas; Protest Video - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlGND1pNhWI]Kelly Thomas Protest - August 6, 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai7j-7ITq58&feature=relmfu]KTLA- Feds to Investigate Fatal Fullerton Police Beating - Chris Wolfe reports - YouTube[/ame]

...the fairy tale of 9/11

'Nuff said. Those colleagues and friends of mine that didn't show up to work on 9/12 didn't actually die, they just lived a happily ever after in a land far, far away...:cuckoo:

Sorry, but anything you have to say from this point forward is highly suspect.

Who cares?

I mean, really .. who the fuck cares?

One word for you .. SCIENCE. There is NO science that would support the fairy-tale of 9/11.

If I were looking for a culprit based on the fairy-tale, I would suspect evil wizards. They would be the only ones with the power to bend science .. which is exactly the power one would have to possess to make that bullshit even remotely possible.

In the real world there is the Law of Falling Objects .. and according to that age-od scientific LAW, whenever falling mass encounters equal or greater mass .. it ALWAYS slows down. That LAW never changes, there are no exceptions.

On 9/11, the falling mass sped up. Only a wizard could do that.

Maybe they should have arrested Harry Potter.

He's a Brit, right?

Never know what those sneaky Brits may be up to.

But you can believe whatever makes you feel warm and special. :0)

Why would I care?

:lol::lol::cuckoo:

'Nuff said. Those colleagues and friends of mine that didn't show up to work on 9/12 didn't actually die, they just lived a happily ever after in a land far, far away...:cuckoo:

Sorry, but anything you have to say from this point forward is highly suspect.

Who cares?

One word for you .. SCIENCE. There is NO science that would support the fairy-tale of 9/11.

If I were looking for a culprit based on the fairy-tale, I would suspect evil wizards. They would be the only ones with the power to bend science .. which is exactly the power one would have to possess to make that bullshit even remotely possible.

In the real world there is the Law of Falling Objects .. and according to that age-od scientific LAW, whenever falling mass encounters equal or greater mass .. it ALWAYS slows down. That LAW never changes, there are no exceptions.

He's a Brit, right?

Why would I care?

Thanks Bigfoot.

Who knows science better than a Bigfoot? :lol:

It's been all over the news here. Horrible. The defense is claiming that Thomas' death was not caused by the beating but was coincidental with the beating and from other causes.

One look at his face after the beating puts that bullshit to rest.

Now they claim that the medics are responsible for his death.

Kelly Thomas: Medics, not cops, to blame for death, defense says
Kelly Thomas: Medics, not cops, to blame for death, defense says - latimes.com

Kelly Thomas hearing: Violent photos from beating death shock hearing attendees - 12160

He went from this ..

kelly_thomas.jpg

to this ..

kelly-thomas-police-beating.jpg

15 years is not nearly long enough.

I'm glad that on one day, 400 people showed up to demand justice. Thank goodness this made it to You Tube because it never made the nightly news. I guess someone forgot to call a press conference. You are aware of how this case got publicized. Thomas' father, who is an ex cop himself, took pictures of his son in the hospital to a newspaper and requested that they print a story. Otherwise, nothing would ever have happened. No one was interested.

I expect that Ramos is going to be convicted of first degree murder. There is almost no way around it.

Who cares?

He's a Brit, right?

Why would I care?

Thanks Bigfoot.

The gibberish you are spewing isn't science.

Those of us walking the Mental Health world knew about this the day after it happened.
The Mental Health world cried foul very early (Look back thru the NAMI archives). Racism exists no doubt and is a real issue. But no one really wants to deal with Mental Illness issues. It's way easier to ignore the Mentally Ill and their issues..... until it happens to a loved one. Then you will understand the meaning of alone.

Just because Police know a person is mentally ill and a local, gives no guarantee he/she will be treated properly. CIT training addresses this and gives police and other Emergency people the tools to work with the Mentally Ill in a crises situation.

Out of the ashes emerges a man. Most of us can only hope to aspire to this type of humilty and grace. My heart goes out to him and his family.

"It is my personal crusade to change the way police officers deal with the mentally ill," said Thomas' father, Ron Thomas.

Thanks Bigfoot.

The gibberish you are spewing isn't science.

:0)

Oh really.

If I drop an apple from a tree and it hits a branch on the tree .. the apple doesn't slow down?

Free fall with air resistance is the same as falling mass encountering mass? They fall at the same speed? :lol:

It's not only science, it's 3rd grade science .. and in this case called the tip of the iceberg.

That iceberg is much bigger.

Bottom line .. I'm not asking you to believe shit.

There is almost no way the police are going to get away with this. Ramos will go down for murder 1.

I thought you said he would get away with it?

He would have, had Daddy Thomas not made an issue of it. The public certainly didn't care. There are now white Al Sharptons or Jesse Jacksons.

Have you seen that entire video? Ramos said he was going to smash Kelly's face in, and put on latex gloves for the purpose.

There is almost no way the police are going to get away with this. Ramos will go down for murder 1.

He would have, had Daddy Thomas not made an issue of it. The public certainly didn't care. There are now white Al Sharptons or Jesse Jacksons.

Have you seen that entire video? Ramos said he was going to smash Kelly's face in, and put on latex gloves for the purpose.

Why did Ramos do this?:confused:

The really good news is that everybody doesn't have to get it.

The evidence is so compelling that there is no other outcome than these cops in prison.

Now that more whites understand that this can happen to them too .. perhaps we can move the issue of police misconduct to the national stage and the upcoming elections.

There is no place for tribalism on this issue.

Good for the father. Sorry it took an ex police officer to make this happen.

It's not a white/black thing but our stance on Mental Illness in general.

Kelly Thomas video a turning point for mental health care? - latimes.com

"The really good news is that everybody doesn't have to get it.

The evidence is so compelling that there is no other outcome than these cops in prison.

Now that more whites understand that this can happen to them too .. perhaps we can move the issue of police misconduct to the national stage and the upcoming elections.

There is no place for tribalism on this issue. "

Little to do with being white or black but how we at large treat the situation of the mentally ill. Those will mentally ill loved ones know first hand how our legal system can unfarily treat our loved ones. Mental Illness doesn't give a rats ass about your color.

There is no place for tribalism on this issue. "

Little to do with being white or black but how we at large treat the situation of the mentally ill. Those will mentally ill loved ones know first hand how our legal system can unfarily treat our loved ones. Mental Illness doesn't give a rats ass about your color.

I completely disagree.

I agree that the issue of mental illness should be part of the discussion .. but it is not THE discussion.

Police abuse, misconduct and murder does not only happen to the mentally ill.

I have no idea why you would even want the to be the single focus.

I completely disagree.

I agree that the issue of mental illness should be part of the discussion .. but it is not THE discussion.

Only a very naive person would think - "Police abuse, misconduct and murder only happens to the mentally ill." I am not that.

If mental illness should be part of the discussion, why am I the only one talking about it?

The victim was schizophrenic so the main focus should be on how we treat the mentally ill. It is very relevent in this case.

I completely disagree.

Only a very naive person would think - "Police abuse, misconduct and murder only happens to the mentally ill." I am not that.

If mental illness should be part of the discussion, why am I the only one talking about it?

The victim was schizophrenic so the main focus should be on how we treat the mentally ill. It is very relevent in this case.

You're not the only one talking about it. Several posters have commented on it saying the police knew he was both mentally-ill and non-violent.

I applaud your input on that aspect of this travesty. You have more insight on it than most, if not all of us here. I applaud that and would certainly like to see that folded into the conversation.

But as I said, there is no room for tribalism here. We are all stronger together fighting this issue than any element of us fighting it alone. The entire system of justice is broken in America.

Stand together good brother. That's how we protect people like Kelly Thomas in our society.

You're not the only one talking about it. Several posters have commented on it saying the police knew he was both mentally-ill and non-violent.

I applaud your input on that aspect of this travesty. You have more insight on it than most, if not all of us here. I applaud that and would certainly like to see that folded into the conversation.

But as I said, there is no room for tribalism here. We are all stronger together fighting this issue than any element of us fighting it alone. The entire system of justice is broken in America.

Stand together good brother. That's how we protect people like Kelly Thomas in our society.

I don't think anyone mentioned he was non-violent. To be honest I refuse to watch the video, it would be too painful.

I'm not sure the entire justice system is broken but I can understand how one comes to that conclusion. CIT officers are usually better at handling mentally ill crisis situations.

The fact that NAMI worked with the Memphis police dept and made things better for quite a few folk on both sides should make one understand there is meaningful work to be done and results can happen.

CIT

I don't see my stance on Mental Illness as being tribal but as doing my small part to help the whole.

Forum List

Back