Kelly, Secret Service scuffled with Chinese security over "nuclear football" WOW! Why?

The Chinese security probably thought it could have been a bomb or weapon of some sort, maybe overzealous, untrusting, unaware, whatever. Glad Kelly and his team handled it.

I will say, the biggest loser in all of this was probably the Chinese guard who touched Kelly. I hope he was simply given a demotion, in some of these cases, in a communist country like China, he would just disappear...

"Kelly then came over and told the officials to continue walking in, after which a Chinese security official grabbed at Kelly, and the chief of staff pushed him off, according to Axios. A Secret Service agent then tackled the Chinese security official, the publication reported."

That's fine, but Kelly should have decked him. Would have made a great pic.
Kelly just another General traitor, serving the Great Douche.

What does that make you?
I don't support or protect Russians..
Can't say that for Team Douche and supporters of.

• Might there have been the risk that the "football," which is a box of compute electronics and a wireless transmitter could somehow have been compromised?
  • Might the whole thing have been a stunt to test or observe our procedures when the "football" and its carrier's progress is impeded?
  • Might it have been nothing of consequences?
I don't know; all of those are possibly so.

I know that I haven't heard of such an act having before happened and I do know that the Trump Administration is about the most poorly organized one in modern history. Sure as I know that -- hell, inasmuch as there is even a question about the nature and extent of chaos, inexperience and ineptitude of the Trump Administration -- so too do foreign governments that'd seek to gain whatever edge or intelligence they can about our national security apparatus and procedures.
  • Might there have been the risk that the "football," which is a box of compute electronics and a wireless transmitter could somehow have been compromised?
  • Might the whole thing have been a stunt to test or observe our procedures when the "football" and its carrier's progress is impeded?
  • Might it have been nothing of consequences?
I don't know; all of those are possibly so. I know that I haven't heard of such an act having before happened and I do know that the Trump Administration is about the most poorly organized one in modern history. Sure as I know that -- hell, inasmuch as there is even a question about the nature and extent of chaos, inexperience and ineptitude of the Trump Administration -- so too do foreign governments that'd seek to gain whatever edge or intelligence they can about our national security apparatus and procedures. Whatever be the actuality of what was afoot, it's nothing to treat with the insouciance with with the OP-er has cast and considered it.

What-evah.

Reach for my gun, and you'll find a knife blade in your carotid.

That is the nature of self-defense.
Hah...look, a badass!
Off-topic:
He can write whatever "badass" remarks he wants; however, the one's he wrote have nothing to do with what I remarked upon. I might have had something to say in response to his braggadocious bravado were it to have directly addressed my remarks, but it didn't.​

You live in a different world than do I. There are certain to be communication glitches.

My response was not braggadocio, nor coarse badinage. Simply an analogy to the Chinese circumstance posted.
You live in a different world than do I.
"The world" in which you and/or I live has nothing to do with what happened.

From the article:
The aide carrying the briefcase was blocked from entering the hall, and another official quickly told Kelly...Kelly then came over and told the officials to continue walking in, after which a Chinese security official grabbed at Kelly.

There are certain to be communication glitches.
I don't know about the certainty of the occurrence of communication "glitches" pertaining to the guy carrying the "football" being among the individuals who must and will accompany the POTUS anywhere and everywhere, but I do know that communication mistakes, some innocuous and some not, happen.
I know that I haven't heard of such an act having before happened, and I do know that the Trump Administration is about the most poorly organized one in modern history.
As I initially wrote:
  • Might it have been nothing of consequence?
I don't know; all of those are possibly so.
The final bullet accounts for the "innocuous communication error" scenario, along with whatever other ostensibly innocent sequences of events might have occurred at that meeting with the Chinese.

While it's plausible that the whole thing was innocuous, it's also plausible that there was subterfuge in play. Because both scenarios are plausible, and because the "football" is an integral part of U.S. national security, and because I don't know any details beyond what has been reported in the article linked in the OP, I'm not about to conclude glibly that it was a "nothingburger." No mature, sagacious or responsible person would.

Simply an analogy to the Chinese circumstance posted.
And yet that analogy, offered in response to my remarks, is entirely non sequitur.
Reach for my gun, and you'll find a knife blade in your carotid.
If that's the thought you care to share, fine, but don't post it in response to my comments when it doesn't pertain to the nature (tacit or explicit) of my remarks.
  • My remarks had only to do with
    • The guy carrying the "football" --> He didn't hit or tussle with anyone
    • The "football" itself --> The linked article does not indicate that anyone reached for it.
    • The disorder in the Trump Administration --> Your comment doesn't have anything to do with that.
My response was not braggadocio, nor coarse badinage.
You just keep thinking that....

BTW, what made "badinage" (fun word, BTW) be the word you chose to replace "bravado?" They don't mean anything remotely similar.

"Playful repartee" is what this place invokes.

Forum List

Back