Keith Olbermann Would Not Return Until MSNBC Apologized

We are not aware of the situation that exists between Olbermann and the management at MSNBC. What he is telling them is you need me more than I need you and it is their fault for not realizing it. It took 300,000 names on a petition within 24 hours to make them understand that suspending him was a bad idea.

The rule that Olbermann broke is a petty technicality which didn't call for suspension and since the manager chose to assert himself Olbermann is reciprocating. I don't blame him a bit. If his status is such that an apology is in order he should have it. I blame the manager for not understanding that Olbermann has a powerful following.

He knows it now.

I do not care, Mike K. He gave his word when he signed that contract and he broke it. He should have accepted the responsibility for his own misconduct and he did not. I never watched him before and I never will now....crybaby prima donnas annoy me.

Shouldn't Overbite apologize to MSLSD for year after year after year having the major national news network always come in last during his primetime show! :cuckoo:

You know what happens in my company (and the majority of companies out there) if you come in last? Well, let's just say, you don't get an apology!

Last edited:
We are not aware of the situation that exists between Olbermann and the management at MSNBC. What he is telling them is you need me more than I need you and it is their fault for not realizing it. It took 300,000 names on a petition within 24 hours to make them understand that suspending him was a bad idea.

The rule that Olbermann broke is a petty technicality which didn't call for suspension and since the manager chose to assert himself Olbermann is reciprocating. I don't blame him a bit. If his status is such that an apology is in order he should have it. I blame the manager for not understanding that Olbermann has a powerful following.

He knows it now.

I do not care, Mike K. He gave his word when he signed that contract and he broke it. He should have accepted the responsibility for his own misconduct and he did not. I never watched him before and I never will now....crybaby prima donnas annoy me.

Not many people keep their word. I think it's time all of us look in ourselves and ask ourselves whether we keep ours. Light attracts light. Truth attracts truth. If we become people who keep our word we will be attracted to join with others who do the same.

I hope that Olbermann might do that someday. But I think that he hasn't woken up yet.

Shouldn't Overbite apologize to MSLSD for year after year after year having the major national news network always come in last during his primetime show! :cuckoo:

You know what happens in my company (and the majority of companies out there) if you come in last? Well, let's just say, you don't get an apology!

That's because you aren't trying to play politics. they are. You actually want a successful company (Not sure what you do, but that's the impression i get). News media is totally different.

I heard an explanation of this rule yesterday. Apparently the networks put it into place years ago with the intention of keeping their news anchors from showing partiality, since their role was simply to report the news, not offer opinions.

This was never Keith's role, he was always billed as a commentator, and therefore was free to express his opinions on current events.

It is Keith who should make a statement:

There are rules here. I don't necessarily agree with them, but I enjoy working for this company and to do so I am obligated to abide by the rules here. I violated those rules. I admit that and I accept responsibility for knowingly violating those rules. I hold nothing against this company or those who believe in upholding this company's integrity and enforcing the rules. It is my sincere hope that we can all place this behind us and focus on the important things in life and in this country. Things like the ongoing debate over Health Care Reform and how to solve the budget. Things like the potential currency war that is brewing. Things like this next story...

There, Keith. Start your next show off thusly and get the fuck over it.

damn, on THIS one i gotta agree with Olbermann
the rules they have are ridiculous

Divey! What difference does that make? He agreed to them, he knew about them and he chose to break them.

Does nobody ever "man up" anymore?

music-notes-tissue-box.jpg
sorry, but i can NOT support a rule that violates a constitutionally protected right
He knowingly chose to work for a company with rules pertaining to such things. It no more violates his rights than telling troops they can't show up to rallies in uniform and are not to hold political rallies on base.

This so smacks of the WWF...:lol:

Can anyone say PUBLICITY STUNT?????

My money says that at that level 50 lawyers are involved before anybody does anything...

I'm sure the guys and gals in the MSNBC boardroom are having a good yuk over the "public concern".

Next week, halfway through the show, Keith gets jumped by Beck and O'reilly. Maddow comes out with a chair, but Hannity comes out of the crowd and stuns her. Then Schultz comes out, announces that he's the new GM, that the Fox Gang need to go back to their won station, and makes Keith #1 contender at Hell in a Cell

Do you people REALLY think that with millions of advertising dollars floating through these TV companies every day that they get "suprised"?

Ha Ha... The American public is SSSSssOOOooo...gulible!!! :lol: :lol:

This so smacks of the WWF...:lol:

Can anyone say PUBLICITY STUNT?????

My money says that at that level 50 lawyers are involved before anybody does anything...

I'm sure the guys and gals in the MSNBC boardroom are having a good yuk over the "public concern".

What public concern?

The liberals took a hit on the recent election. Msnbc has many of these dummies tuning in to watch Oberman. What better way to re-establish Keiths credibility with this base than do this little bit of theartre? Liberals buy Dodge/Chevy,Honda...etc.. trucks and cars too ya know.

Seriously? What an ass. Why's this man considered mature enough to leave home without a keeper?

Keith Olbermann to MSNBC: I Want an Apology

Shame on MSNBC for caving to this preposterous demand.

I don't know the details so it's hard to judge who was wrong, who was right, who should apologize; if anyone.
I know that pissing contests exist in business, industry and government, and I suspect this is a pissing contest.
Usually no one wins a pissing contest but those who get to watch, for pissing contests are entertaining for those not pissing. They also draw attention which in the final analysis is what the media is all about.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back