Keith Olbermann with a moving special comment about gay marriage

* Gov. ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER (R-CA): "I think it is unfortunate, obviously, but it's not the end, because I think this will go back into the courts, this will go back to the Supreme Court, because the Supreme Court very clearly in California has declared this unconstitutional. It's the same as in the 1948 case when blacks and whites were not allowed to marry. This falls into the same category."

* Mayor JERRY SANDERS (R-San Diego): "I have close family members and friends who are a member of the gay and lesbian community. Those folks include my daughter Lisa, as well as members of my personal staff. I want for them the same thing that we all want for our loved ones—for each of them to find a mate whom they love deeply and who loves them back; someone with whom they can grow old together and share life’s experiences. And I want their relationships to be protected equally under the law. In the end, I couldn’t look any of them in the face and tell them that their relationship—their very lives—were any less meaningful than the marriage I share with my wife Rana."

$tha.jpg

:eusa_angel:

I could have sworn it was a girl.

I don't know too many guys who put pictures of fluffy little kittens all over his avatar all the time.

Err.. correction. I *do* know the kind of guys who would do that. That's the entire purpose of this thread!

Frankly my brother your insane phobia identifies you as the closet homosexual. Closet homosexuals don't take bold stands on homosexuality as Olbermann did .. they sceam and shout and whine and piss and moan about it as you just did.
Grow up brother .. why should what two consenting adults peacefully do be any concern of yours? .. that is, unless you're a closet homosexual

How come you know so much about closet homos?

Is there some secret you need to reveal to the board?? :doubt:

I usually find Keith's special comments to be overly self-righteous and therefore last night I did not listen to it and after watching it here I'm sorry I didn't give it a chance.

Keith is right.

I hope people realize that gays getting married doesn't determine the outcome of their own relationships or marriages.

I'm a heterosexual woman who married at 22 and was divorced by the age of 25... This was 14 years ago and so it's safe to say gays had nothing to do with my divorce....

It's funny that Republicans in general run on a platform of personal freedom and smaller government but the things they try to govern always directly impact the private and personal lives of U.S. citizens.

I don't know what everyone is bitching about,. We left it up to a vote.

No partisanship, either yay or nay and Cali the MOST LIBERAL state said No to it.

Regardless of my opinion, this is a democractic state and let the people vote on it. They were fighting to have this vote put through and now it didn't go there way everyone is crying foul.

Sorry, doesn't work that way

No partisanship, either yay or nay and Cali the MOST LIBERAL state said No to it.

Regardless of my opinion, this is a democractic state and let the people vote on it. They were fighting to have this vote put through and now it didn't go there way everyone is crying foul.

because it was put up to a vote people now shouldnt be expressing their opinions on the matter? i thought this thread was intended for discussion on the topic

because it was put up to a vote people now shouldnt be expressing their opinions on the matter? i thought this thread was intended for discussion on the topic

Thats fine and it is a discussion, hence my COMMENT.

I am trying to figure out why everyone is crying and bitching about it.

If the people were ok with gay marriage then they would have VOTED for it. But the majority voted against it.

If the people were ok with gay marriage then they would have VOTED for it. But the majority voted against it.

your idea of a discussion is saying anyone questioning the vote is crying and bitching :eusa_eh:

I usually find Keith's special comments to be overly self-righteous and therefore last night I did not listen to it and after watching it here I'm sorry I didn't give it a chance.

Keith is right.

I hope people realize that gays getting married doesn't determine the outcome of their own relationships or marriages.

I'm a heterosexual woman who married at 22 and was divorced by the age of 25... This was 14 years ago and so it's safe to say gays had nothing to do with my divorce....

It's funny that Republicans in general run on a platform of personal freedom and smaller government but the things they try to govern always directly impact the private and personal lives of U.S. citizens.

It very funny that you think Republicans voted down propsition 8 in the heavily Democratic state of California.. I am peeing in my pants at the very thought of it... think about it... California,,,,,Democrat,,,,,Obama,,,,voted down prop 8... think,,,,,,think,,,,,,,,think........

Because we don't vote on rights. Equality under the law is a fundamental principle in a democratic republic.

No one is allowed to vote on whether you are allowed to own a gun. No one should be allowed to vote on a woman's reproductive choice and right to personal privacy. Rights aren't subject to simple plurality votes. That's the fundamental premise behind a democratic republic; rights of minorities are not subject to the tyranny of the majority via a vote or referendum.

Well, if a conservative says anything abou the obama election we get labeled as whiners and cryers. And get todl you guys lost get over it.

Whats the difference here?

I think the problem is people are shocked by the outcome of the vote more than anything else.

We had a similar vote here in FL, Amendment 2, it passed as well.

Personally the law doesn't have an adverse impact on me or my life but it saddens me to think that others see nothing wrong with denying a certain segement of our population the basic right of marrying the person they love.

Because we don't vote on rights. Equality under the law is a fundamental principle in a democratic republic.

No one is allowed to vote on whether you are allowed to own a gun. No one should be allowed to vote on a woman's reproductive choice and right to personal privacy. Rights aren't subject to simple plurality votes. That's the fundamental premise behind a democratic republic; rights of minorities are not subject to the tyranny of the majority via a vote or referendum.

Thats your op.

There is an issue of morality, and apparently the people though it was an imoral issue.

This coutry (hypothetically) is a country of values still

Hell I could care less, I would love to see the first gay couple marry and fight it out in divroce court and watch someone lose 50% of their assetts.

They have it good right now, they should leave it alone! :)

How come you know so much about closet homos?

Is there some secret you need to reveal to the board?? :doubt:

I think the secret of your homo-insanity has already been revealed brother.

Your religion has its boot up your ass inhibiting blood flow to your brain.

Let me ask you again .. what difference does it make to you what two consenting adults do peacefully together .. see if you can find an answer you don't have to look up in the Quran.

About 5 million people watch Keith Olbermann every night, moreso in the key demographic than O'Reilly does and his viewing audience is a "very small fringe audience?" :cuckoo:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/11/arts/television/11arts-NEWDEALFORKE_BRF.html?ref=television

Even if 10 people watched him, the point of this thread is about civil rights for ALL people. Jesus. Some of you just can't get the message and it's disappointing.

5 million? Uh, right. He's got a fringe audience. His time is almost up.

I'm surprised that a Jew who follows Jewish Law would be concerned about this. Read your Talmud.

Forum List

Back