Keith Olbermann SUSPENDED From MSNBC Indefinitely Without Pay

I'm sorry but the Madcow chick is especially heinous. I hate that deep manly voice of hers. She actually thinks it makes her sound smarter. Well it definitely doesn't. All that whiny Moooooing. So obnoxious.

If it pains you so much why do watch her?

Journalists are supposed to be neutral and report the facts. That is the standard to which they purport to be held. The credibility of the media has began to approach the credibility of the politicians in today's world. Obbie's suspension is justified and they should look at all the journalists to see what they contributed too. We expect our politicians to be open about their finances lets have the media people be open about their financial "gifts" to politicians or political parties.

Because the media has undue influence on American thought processes they should be held to a higher standard. They stand on the public stage and giver their opinions and slants to the news and it does sway the public.

Do I have a grudge with the media? Yes. I want a neutral fact finding newscast that gives a balance version of events, not a politically skewed report that stretches facts and omits them.

Last edited:
It seems to me that Olberman's donations are really no different to the $1.5 million Rupert Murdock donated to the Republican party. And, if my memory serves me correctly, Olberman has always been a self-professed advocate of the liberal party. But Mr. Murdock likes to say he's fair and balanced.

But, MSNBC is right, he should have disclosed his donations prior to having the recipients on his show as guests.

I wonder who, or what, they will replace him with.

I can't stand the dorkwad but it still feels to me that he is somehow getting shafted. I'd be surprised if there were not some other internal issue at play here. Likely something even more stupid than what got Olby suspended.

HA has a good take, as usual, with some updates...

Did Olbermann violate NBC ethics code by contributing to Democrats?; Update: MSNBC suspends Olbermann “indefinitely without pay” Hot Air

Update IV: The more I think about this, the more ridiculous it gets. MSNBC offers the most ridiculously biased televion coverage of politics possible, crowning it with Election Night coverage that had people wondering if NBC needed to hire grief and anger counseling for the entire on-air staff. And now, because Olbermann contributed to three Democrats last month, suddenly Griffin suspends him because “these activities jeopardize his or her standing as an impartial journalist because they may create the appearance of a conflict of interest”?

For this, Griffin gets the Captain Louis Renault Award for his shock, shock! at finding that Olbermann may have jeopardized his standing as an impartial journalist:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1DEG6BWgp0[/ame]

It seems to me that Olberman's donations are really no different to the $1.5 million Rupert Murdock donated to the Republican party. And, if my memory serves me correctly, Olberman has always been a self-professed advocate of the liberal party. But Mr. Murdock likes to say he's fair and balanced.

But, MSNBC is right, he should have disclosed his donations prior to having the recipients on his show as guests.

I wonder who, or what, they will replace him with.

Rupert Murdock does not dictate or write any newscast or read or comment on any news events in any official capacity. And there was no faux outrage when he personally endorsed or contributed to Democratic orgs or Democrats in the past. There are no rules about NBC or ABC or CBS or CNN or Fox News parent organizations giving whatever to anybody and I can assure you that they ALL do in one way or the other.

Last edited:
Wonder how Keith will handle the call from Fox News?

Holy crap, could you imagine a new Orielly & Olbermann show on fox?

Fuck the WWE, that show would be epic!!!! :lol:

wrestling.jpg

Liberal power struggles, they eat their own.

Weren't the Democrats he contributed to liberal enough?

Nov. 5 ) -- Here's one story you will be talking about tomorrow.

MSNBC liberal talk show host Keith Olbermann has been suspended indefinitely without pay from MSNBC after his boss learned he had violated newsroom policies by giving campaign contributions to three Democratic candidates for Congress.

That is the same Keith Olbermann who pummeled Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. for giving $1 million to the Republican Governors Association in order to buy "campaign influence."

Keith Olbermann acknowledged in a statement that he donated to three Democratic congressional campaigns this year.
Oops.

In a terse statement today, MSNBC TV President Phil Griffin said, "I became aware of Keith's political contributions late last night. Mindful of NBC News policy and standards, I have suspended him indefinitely without pay."

The news that the liberal flamethrower had thrown cash to three congressional candidates was first reported by Politico.

Olbermann acknowledged in a statement that he made the donations:

"One week ago, on the night of Thursday October 28 2010, after a discussion with a friend about the state of politics in Arizona, I donated $2,400 each to the re-election campaigns of Democratic Representatives Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords," Olbermann said. "I also donated the same amount to the campaign of Democratic Senatorial candidate Jack Conway in Kentucky."

Olbermann said he did not use his influence to solicit donations from others for the candidates.
"I did not privately or publicly encourage anyone else to donate to these campaigns, nor to any others in this election or any previous ones, nor have I previously donated to any political campaign at any level," Olbermann said.
The shocking news, as the often holier-than-thou commentator might put it, came at an interesting time. Three days earlier, stung by ridicule at last week's Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear, Olbermann said he would shelve his trademark daily segment, "Worst Persons in the World."

MSNBC Suspends Keith Olbermann for Giving Political Donations

Dang! What took them so long!!!:clap2:

OK...I don't get what the big deal is here.

It's not like every hour of the programming on CCCPNBC isn't a defacto in-kind donation to the DNC and its candidates.

What's the hubub about one of their stooges making a direct donation to his favored candidates?...It's not like he's maintained any façade as a down-the-middle "news" reporter.

Keith's journey back from the dark side. Okay, I just had a scary thought...Maddow for two hours...in a row!

Those four people that watch are going to have to wear Depends.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back