Keith Olbermann SUSPENDED From MSNBC Indefinitely Without Pay

I believe all news organizations--CNN, Fox, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC--have policies re their news reporters and commentators making contributions to specific political parties or candidates. So it was really a lapse and dumb move for Olbermann to do that. Perhaps he didn't read the memo at some point. Who knows?

I imagine the suspension won't be permanent and he'll be back as he does have a small but faithful radical leftwing following.

But of ALL the news organizations, MSNBC is the one that was the most blatantly and intentionally dishonest during the campaign and election returns and blatantly partisan. THAT should bother them far more than a contributions ethics gaffe by one of their darlings.

Olbermann's commentary aside from what I have read this seems to be an issue with violating company policy and as such he has been punished for doing so. While I'm not a fan of his show it would appear that had he bothered to notify the management of his intentions to donate to those dandidates then perhaps this would not have been an issue. On the Comcast thing, it would appear that MSNBC does need to have some sort of format change as they are not doing very well in the ratings department and afterall it is a business and I'm sure Comcast did not purchase MSNBC just to lose money. It would be nice to see an actual news network on cable for a change rather than editorial shows presented as journalism no matter what network it is. Perhaps something that actually is balanced and has views from all sides, now what a change that would be on cable.

I believe all news organizations--CNN, Fox, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC--have policies re their news reporters and commentators making contributions to specific political parties or candidates. So it was really a lapse and dumb move for Olbermann to do that. Perhaps he didn't read the memo at some point. Who knows?

I imagine the suspension won't be permanent and he'll be back as he does have a small but faithful radical leftwing following.

But of ALL the news organizations, MSNBC is the one that was the most blatantly and intentionally dishonest during the campaign and election returns and blatantly partisan. THAT should bother them far more than a contributions ethics gaffe by one of their darlings.

Oh, they get cable in prison? Bet there are plenty of Olberman Happy Ending pillows and blow up dolls going around too. ;)

Oh, they get cable in prison? Bet there are plenty of Olberman Happy Ending pillows and blow up dolls going around too. ;)

Yeah most prisons now have cable. At least they do here in New Mexico. But I doubt the prisoners spend a lot of time watching cable news channels. :)

Comcast could not possibly make MSNBC worse than it is. All the other news sources at least made an effort to do some honest and objective reporting no matter how partisan they might be. MSNBC made no effort to be either honest or objective so far as I could detect.

CaféAuLait;2937061 said:

MSNBC president Phil Griffin released the following statement Friday following the news that Keith Olbermann had donated to three Democratic candidates this election cycle:

Bulletin: the replacement for Keith Olbermann is rumored to be Chilean miner, Edison Pena, 34.

He is considered to be eminently qualified for the position, having lived under a rock for two months.

I'm not "radical left wing" by any stretch, but I did enjoy his show. I don't have to agree with everything he says, but he does seem to do the research and backs up his comments with facts that can be easily checked.

I'll miss his Friday readings of James Thurber!

It is good that MSNBC actually enforced the rules.

I don't have cable, so I never see him. I obviously am not missing much.

Wow.
You would think he would know better. Especially making a campaign contribution WITHIN HOURS OF AGREEING TO APPEAR ON HIS SHOW???

All though their election coverage, several of them made numerous Freudian slips saying "we" when referring to Democrat wins/losses.

I'm not "radical left wing" by any stretch, but I did enjoy his show. I don't have to agree with everything he says, but he does seem to do the research and backs up his comments with facts that can be easily checked.

I'll miss his Friday readings of James Thurber!

Hes bright and does seem to care about facts.

Hes kinda goony and goes overboard once in awhile.

I Have to admitt the Thurber readings make me turn him off.

Thurber doesnt translate well into todays world in my mind.

onoz_omg2.gif

4076424824.jpg

1lmao.gif

I take it he violated some policy here? I am not familiar with pundit rules and such

Forum List

Back