Keith Olbermann on the "Ground Zero Mosque"

Olberblahblah is wrong. According to Sharif el-Gamal, who is the CEO of SoHo Properties and lead developer of the Park 51 project, there will be a mosque.

Read more: Q&A with Sharif el-Gamal about Park51, NYC - City of Brass

Also Mod, you just posted something from CATO in another thread where is was stated that there would be a mosque.

The plans include building a large mosque — and a 500-seat theater, swimming pool and food court — which makes calling it a "mosque" just slightly more accurate than calling a YMCA a "church."

'Mosque' Debate Is a Red Herring | Gene Healy | Cato Institute: Commentary

So there will be a mosque but because it includes other things, it isn't "really" a mosque? Please.

Last edited:
As for the Mosque just think of it as the KKK building a monument at the site of some lynchings done long ago. Yes, they CAN do it, but they SHOULDN'T.
Actually... it's more like an unaffiliated Christian group building a cultural center two blocks away from the site where the KKK (also Christian) had some lynchings.

The same people defending a new Mosque at Ground Zero to defend their freedom of religion no matter how crude and inappropriate it may seem, shriek in horror at this

confederate_flag.jpg

Heh!

Good point, however there is no law forbidding anyone from flying the Stars-n-Bars. But I do see your logic and I agree. I don't think it's a good idea to build a mosque there, but I also don't think it's something the government should block. Perhaps local community standards should prevail and that may include some sort of local government, but certainly not any government entity bigger than that.

I don't get people who want to block a building that includes a mosque NEAR the official Ground Zero memorial site but have not said a word about the bank of Dubai having offices directly ON the Ground Zero memorial site.

Mike Judge was right, we're headed towards Idiocracy.

Who has asked the Govt. to block anything?

The same people defending a new Mosque at Ground Zero to defend their freedom of religion no matter how crude and inappropriate it may seem, shriek in horror at this

confederate_flag.jpg

Heh!

Good point, however there is no law forbidding anyone from flying the Stars-n-Bars. But I do see your logic and I agree. I don't think it's a good idea to build a mosque there, but I also don't think it's something the government should block. Perhaps local community standards should prevail and that may include some sort of local government, but certainly not any government entity bigger than that.

I don't get people who want to block a building that includes a mosque NEAR the official Ground Zero memorial site but have not said a word about the bank of Dubai having offices directly ON the Ground Zero memorial site.

Here's one:

Buffalo Developer and lawyer Carl Paladino said today that he would use the powers of eminent domain to stop a mosque from being constructed near the Ground Zero site in New York City.

“As Governor I will use the power of eminent domain to stop this mosque and make the site a war memorial instead of a monument to those who attacked our country,” Paladino said in a thirty second radio spot playing statewide beginning Wednesday evening.

A successful lawyer and developer who built and manages a half billion dollar commercial real estate portfolio, Paladino scoffed at critics who claim federal law prohibits his strategy to stop the Islamic mosque. “I’ve been driving land-use issues for 40 years, and I understand the full powers of the governor,” he said. “If the ACLU or anyone else wants to challenge me in court, I’m ready for the fight.”

PALADINO: “As Governor I’ll Use Eminent Domain To Block The Mosque”

You are correct. America is supposed to be around 60% Christian and they ALL fear muslims. You just conveniently leave out the fundis that pee down their legs at the thought of muslims.

Chop my head off...Ha..ha.. bring em on bitches! All you religious fuckwits are my enemy.
Christians don't want to chop yer head off. Muslims do. Only one religion blows itself up: Islam.

If you're a freedom loving person then only one religion is your enemy: Islam.

no, bitch, you just have predator drones to kill civilians with.

get over yourself.

no religion is my enemy more so than all of them. Feel free to make as many precedents here as you want biting you in the ass later.

I haven't bothered to watch the clip but I know Olbermann of old so I don't feel I can learn anything new from it. However, I will say I see the funny side of people who applaud one drooling fool (Olbermann) and in other threads screaming blue fucking murder about another drooling fool (Beck). Am I alone in seeing the irony of it?

Heh!

Here's one:

Buffalo Developer and lawyer Carl Paladino said today that he would use the powers of eminent domain to stop a mosque from being constructed near the Ground Zero site in New York City.

“As Governor I will use the power of eminent domain to stop this mosque and make the site a war memorial instead of a monument to those who attacked our country,” Paladino said in a thirty second radio spot playing statewide beginning Wednesday evening.

A successful lawyer and developer who built and manages a half billion dollar commercial real estate portfolio, Paladino scoffed at critics who claim federal law prohibits his strategy to stop the Islamic mosque. “I’ve been driving land-use issues for 40 years, and I understand the full powers of the governor,” he said. “If the ACLU or anyone else wants to challenge me in court, I’m ready for the fight.”

PALADINO: “As Governor I’ll Use Eminent Domain To Block The Mosque”

So what?

He's a government official and is considering using a law that has been used to steal property from individual citizens across the country. Good.

If Eminent Domain finally does something valuable, that works for me. It's been used to rob Americans of their legitimately bought property for years.

I haven't bothered to watch the clip but I know Olbermann of old so I don't feel I can learn anything new from it. However, I will say I see the funny side of people who applaud one drooling fool (Olbermann) and in other threads screaming blue fucking murder about another drooling fool (Beck). Am I alone in seeing the irony of it?

HHHMMMmmmmmm????......."Blue Fucking Murder".... I want that for a buisness card!!!

The London tart speaks...I'm listening.....:clap2:

Last edited:

HHHMMMmmmmmm????......."Blue Fucking Murder".... I want that for a buisness card!!!

The London tart speaks...I'm listening.....:clap2:

When is she speaking? I'd like to listen too.

Those same Liberals who earned their living bashing Christians now run to the defense of Muslims in the name of "religious freedom" which they never supported in the first place. I wonder why? Oh yeah, fear. "I'd better support Muslims else they'll chop my head off".

A mosque at the site of the WTC is no different than a monument to Hitler at Auschwitz/Birkenau.

More proof that liberals are hypocrites. Women rights for all women or just non Muslim ones?

"Islamic law requires men and women to be separated in the prayer hall; ideally, the women must occupy the rows behind the men. Muhammad preferred women to pray at home rather than at a mosque, and according to the hadith Muhammad said: "The best mosques for women are the inner parts of their houses", although Muhammad told Muslims not to forbid women from entering mosques. The second caliph Umar at one time prohibited women from attending mosques especially at night because he feared they may be teased by males, so he required them to pray at home.[43] Sometimes a special part of the mosque was railed off for women; for example, the governor of Mecca in 870 had ropes tied between the columns to make a separate place for women"

Meh.

People who watch/listen to Keith Olbermann belong in the same category and those who watch/listen to Sean Hannity. It's not a flattering category, being centered mostly around the inability to think critically and have to be told what to believe etc.

Those same Liberals who earned their living bashing Christians now run to the defense of Muslims in the name of "religious freedom" which they never supported in the first place. I wonder why? Oh yeah, fear. "I'd better support Muslims else they'll chop my head off".

A mosque at the site of the WTC is no different than a monument to Hitler at Auschwitz/Birkenau.

If a fundamentalist group of christians blew up a building somewhere, would you protest a christian church being built near the site?

If a group of fundamentalist American Christians moved to a Muslim country, and then hijacked planes loaded with innocent Muslim men, women and children.... and flew them into buildings housing not just citizens of that country, but of 86 other countries, and caused 3000 deaths.... I would absolutely protest the building of their church anywhere near that hallowed ground.

If a fundamentalist group of christians blew up a building somewhere, would you protest a christian church being built near the site?

If a group of fundamentalist American Christians moved to a Muslim country, and then hijacked planes loaded with innocent Muslim men, women and children.... and flew them into buildings housing not just citizens of that country, but of 86 other countries, and caused 3000 deaths.... I would absolutely protest the building of their church anywhere near that hallowed ground.

I'm sure you would :eusa_whistle:

SOOOoooo...? You are theoretically protesting...that is stating for the record, that if the Christians ever did such a thing you would become a Muslim and speak out against them building a Church near the target of their Christian fundamentalist aggression?

What would you do if a Rabbi and a Preist and a Cleric walked into a bar?:lol:

I agree with Olbermann let them build the mosque. It really isn't a mosque it is a community center, comparable to many Jewish Community Centers (JCCs) that are all over NYC and the country for that matter. We have no right to tell them not to build.

You are correct. America is supposed to be around 60% Christian and they ALL fear muslims. You just conveniently leave out the fundis that pee down their legs at the thought of muslims.

Chop my head off...Ha..ha.. bring em on bitches! All you religious fuckwits are my enemy.
Christians don't want to chop yer head off. Muslims do. Only one religion blows itself up: Islam.

If you're a freedom loving person then only one religion is your enemy: Islam.

I think Christains are head choppers. But they also like the ol' Burn at the stake..don't they? Or gas jews in ovens..

But as a Liberal..as long as you don't hurt anybody..I am okay with your superstition.

You might also parade around in Nazi regalia, goosesteppin' through Manhattan..but I doubt anyone would join ya, hon.

No sir..not here anyways.

Forum List

Back