Keith Moon vs John Bonham?

Who do you think was a better drummer?

• Keith Moon

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • John Bonham

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters
That isn't even close. No drummer's been better than Moon, IMO.

At one point I heard thta they tried to have a series of famous drummers reproduce his work, but none were able to. When they had the computer do it, it said that it wasn't humanly possible to do what Moon did. ;)

this is one vote for Bonham.

two words: Moby Dick

[youtube]L47lv3QTkbo[/youtube]

Last edited:
John Bonham

From 1972:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svR3iXKTJvc&feature=related]YouTube - Immigrant Song - 1972[/ame]

• Banned
this is one vote for Bonham.

two words: Moby Dick

I think it's a mistake to judge a drummer based on a solo. I've played with drummers that can rip off a solo that'll knock the socks off your ass but can't keep time to save their friggin ass. What a drummer can do while also holding down the rhythm is far more telling. I vote Moon hands down, even though I like Zep a lot more than The Who. It was like he was playing a solo all the while he was keeping time for Entwistle and Townsend. Friggin amazing IMO.

They both kept the beat so thats not really worth comparing. Post some examples of Moon and we'll check em out side by side.

That isn't even close. No drummer's been better than Moon, IMO.

At one point I heard thta they tried to have a series of famous drummers reproduce his work, but none were able to. When they had the computer do it, it said that it wasn't humanly possible to do what Moon did. ;)

but I wouldn't go that far

Neil Peart walks away with the drumming prize

Zeppelin is probably the better(and more popular band) Zeppelin's stuff was a bit more dependant on Drumming although many of the Zep songs had no drums at all(Going to California etc.)
I saw the who a few times with replacement Drummers and it was GREAT
I saw the Page, Plant shows and it was good but it missed the drummer
in both cases the bands had huge musical section Orchestras and extra keyboard players and so on to compensate for the missing Drummer
both Drummers added A lot to those bands
in both cases the parts were greater than the whole
Robet Plant Went on the road with Phil Collins
that was spectacular

Who's John Bonham?

the Drummer From Led Zeppelin who Died at, arguably, the height of their fame. Led Zeppelin decided they could not continue as a band after that without John Bonham
Apart from The Beatles Led Zeppelin is certinly the most popular "Rock" band of all time
in some cases they exceded the Beatles fame

one could make a hell of an argument for The Who though

Forum List

Back