Keeping it honest

And by the way, the Factcheck.org information posted here is only the beginning, which might not have been clear. It wasn't an attempt to single out Michele Bachman. On the contrary, as they say, the organization will be reviewing QUOTED MATERIAL from ALL the candidates for president for accuracy, and that will include President Obama.

Defend that biased source right to the end. Way to pursue honesty!!!

Prove that it's liberal. Got any pesky facts?

This is just one page which shows several quotes and missteps that were proven to be inaccurate by candidate Obama. Since he won the election, there have been hundreds of checks on the veracity of his quoted statements, and he has been called on them as they occur. To continue to label Factcheck.org as "liberal" is just plain horse shit.

http://factcheck.org/archives/searc...D:11;NB:1&ie=UTF-8&q=Obama+campaign&sa=Search

Last edited:
Oh, other than the fact that it's an Obama engine?

" It is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and is funded primarily by the Annenberg Foundation.[3] "

FactCheck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"
The Annenberg Foundation is a private foundation that provides funding and support to non-profit organizations in the United States and around the world.[1] The foundation's core initiative is the Annenberg/Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) project, which funds many educational television shows broadcast on Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) Public television in the United States. "

"The Annenberg Foundation continues its historic programming focus, but is expanding to include environmental stewardship, social justice, and animal welfare."

Annenberg Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"
[FONT=times new roman,times]The four plus years (1995-1999) Barack Obama spent as founding chairman of the board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC) represent his track record as reformer, as someone who reached out in a public-private collaboration and had the audacity to believe his effort would make things better. [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]At the time he became leader of this ambitious project to remake the public schools of Chicago, he was 33 years old and a third year associate at a small Chicago law firm, Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]This was a big test for him, his chance to cut his teeth on bringing hope and change to the mostly minority inner city school children trapped in Chicago schools. And he flopped big time, squandering lots of money and the time of many public employees in the process.[/FONT]
"

Archived-Articles: Obama's Lost Annenberg Years Coming to Light

Yeah, no bias there.

What a fucking moron you are, MM.
You should look shit up before you pop your dumb mouth.

" It is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and is funded primarily by the Annenberg Foundation.[3] "

"
The Annenberg Foundation is a private foundation that provides funding and support to non-profit organizations in the United States and around the world.[1] The foundation's core initiative is the Annenberg/Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) project, which funds many educational television shows broadcast on Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) Public television in the United States. "

"The Annenberg Foundation continues its historic programming focus, but is expanding to include environmental stewardship, social justice, and animal welfare."

"
[FONT=times new roman,times]The four plus years (1995-1999) Barack Obama spent as founding chairman of the board of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC) represent his track record as reformer, as someone who reached out in a public-private collaboration and had the audacity to believe his effort would make things better. [/FONT][FONT=times new roman,times]At the time he became leader of this ambitious project to remake the public schools of Chicago, he was 33 years old and a third year associate at a small Chicago law firm, Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman,times]This was a big test for him, his chance to cut his teeth on bringing hope and change to the mostly minority inner city school children trapped in Chicago schools. And he flopped big time, squandering lots of money and the time of many public employees in the process.[/FONT]
"

Yeah, no bias there.

Once again, the school foundation(s) are separate entities. Good grief, this is a nofuckingbrainer.

If any one of you actually took the time to read some of their material, you would know without a doubt that they were as truthful about Obama's untruths or exaggerations as anyone else. Don't let the topic headlines deceive you. You have to actually open the contents.

Search Results | FactCheck.org

Nevertheless, I've already said (three times now?) that you can use your own "facts" (not opinions) to dispute anything they say. What's the problem?

"

"

"

Yeah, no bias there.

Outta the park, AllieBaba

"

"

"

Yeah, no bias there.

Once again, the school foundation(s) are separate entities. Good grief, this is a nofuckingbrainer.

If any one of you actually took the time to read some of their material, you would know without a doubt that they were as truthful about Obama's untruths or exaggerations as anyone else. Don't let the topic headlines deceive you. You have to actually open the contents.

Search Results | FactCheck.org

Nevertheless, I've already said (three times now?) that you can use your own "facts" (not opinions) to dispute anything they say. What's the problem?

Well first we'll address the fact that you used a biased source in a thread about "honesty"...then told the person who questioned the validity of that source to leave. Kinda weird in a thread about honesty, dontcha think?

Up yours. My link, my OP, my opinion stands. If you can't STAND IT, then get off my thread.

:clap2: Of course they have to go after your source. Otherwise they wouldn't have anything to say.

I know, isntead we should go after the POSTER, like you retards do.

That's the way pre schoolers debate, after all.

Your OP is a piece of shit, as is your opinion, MM. Of course a thread you state is about honesty is really a place for you to showcase your own innate dishonesty and pettiness.

Good job!

:lol::lol::cuckoo:

Up yours. My link, my OP, my opinion stands. If you can't STAND IT, then get off my thread.

:clap2: Of course they have to go after your source. Otherwise they wouldn't have anything to say.

I know, isntead we should go after the POSTER, like you retards do.

That's the way pre schoolers debate, after all.

Your OP is a piece of shit, as is your opinion, MM. Of course a thread you state is about honesty is really a place for you to showcase your own innate dishonesty and pettiness.

Good job!

:lol::lol::cuckoo:

Who knew? I though we were having problems with our schools!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I should have known. These are some of the same people who hate Wikipedia too unless of course some entry supports THEIR position. I have no problem with disagreements, but I do have a problem with tantrums, hissy fits and neg reps just because 'someone' disagrees with my source.

I should have known. These are some of the same people who hate Wikipedia too unless of course some entry supports THEIR position. I have no problem with disagreements, but I do have a problem with tantrums, hissy fits and neg reps just because 'someone' disagrees with my source.

no Maggie, in all fiarness what you should have imho is gone back and read your own op;

You may have your own favorite fact-checker, but whatever your choice, it is wise to be vigilant regarding errors or omissions in statements made by the presidential candidates before going off half-cocked and repeating what they say as gospel.

You realize that you opended this up yourself....right?

no one has a hissy over the source per se', just what appears to be a close mindedness to the comprehension of the information linked...speaking to the sources possible slant in light of your own values statement in your op.

I for one don't have an issue with wiki as long as the citations in the blurbs that are posted are footnoted and LINKED, becasue I check them out.

Oh and just as my own footnote- I posted this before with evidence but will throw it out there ala 'fact checkers';

Politifact has its own issues, example; in a span of 2 years where in the dems had a supra majority for half of it, the presidency all along the senate, and all of the back and forth over health care, the Economy.... etc....
65% of the the Politifact topics were or are 'right of center' be it people or platforms...

:eusa_eh:

Last edited:

"

"

"

Yeah, no bias there.

It is so telling when one is neg repped for providing verification requested, lol.

no Maggie, in all fiarness what you should have imho is gone back and read your own op;

You may have your own favorite fact-checker, but whatever your choice, it is wise to be vigilant regarding errors or omissions in statements made by the presidential candidates before going off half-cocked and repeating what they say as gospel.

You realize that you opended this up yourself....right?

no one has a hissy over the source per se', just what appears to be a close mindedness to the comprehension of the information linked...speaking to the sources possible slant in light of your own values statement in your op.

I for one don't have an issue with wiki as long as the citations in the blurbs that are posted are footnoted and LINKED, becasue I check them out.

Oh and just as my own footnote- I posted this before with evidence but will throw it out there ala 'fact checkers';

Politifact has its own issues, example; in a span of 2 years where in the dems had a supra majority for half of it, the presidency all along the senate, and all of the back and forth over health care, the Economy.... etc....
65% of the the Politifact topics were or are 'right of center' be it people or platforms...

:eusa_eh:

You're completely wrong about PolitiFact. Have you ever used their search function? If the subject is popular, you will see pages (often many pages) of direct quotes on the subject by BOTH Democrats and Republicans. Politifact may offer a narrative, but I have never seen them form an opinion.

As for my OP, I fail to see where it's biased at all, when I certainly offer everyone to check their own facts against those posed. The trailing comment is simply speaking the truth, because day in and day out I see threads begun commenting on a particular event or statement, when in fact there may be MUCH MORE to the story as presented. But those kinds of embellished or half-truths gleaned from someone's favorite website tend to take on a life of their own. And that's when a professional fact-checker steps in with the background.

"

"

"

Yeah, no bias there.

It is so telling when one is neg repped for providing verification requested, lol.

Of course WE are supposed to believe everything a conservative website called AMERICAN THINKER is always unbiased and correct, right? Sorry, no. Once again, you cannot seem to grasp the concept that FactCheck.org and the Annenberg education projects have ZERO to do with each other. And apparently neither can American Thinker.

As far as neg repping, you're itchy finger is always a source of irritation. Why can't you just leave your insulting comments so that everyone can see? You certainly have a long way to go before you'll knock me down in enough neg reps to even make a dent.

Forum List

Back