Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

You have obviously never been shot at or held at gunpoint. It's nothing like TV.
Really?

What makes it so obvious to you?

Your statement : "I am quite capable of protecting myself. I don't need cops for that. All I need is a 2" .357 revolver."

That is not your best option when held at gunpoint or shot at, So it's not all you need.

A gun a good option if you see someone else being held at gunpoint.

Last edited:
Your statement : "I am quite capable of protecting myself. I don't need cops for that. All I need is a 2" .357 revolver."

That is not your best option when held at gunpoint or shot at, So it's not all you need.

A gun a good option if you see someone else being held at gunpoint.
It's a far better option than depending on cops to be exactly where you need them, exactly when you need them, which simply is not possible. So unless you can think of something more, aside from a hired team of armed bodyguards, then a good gun is what the ordinary individual needs in a threatening encounter.

The number of armed citizens who manage to defend themselves against criminals every year says having a gun is a better option than not having one. And if for some reason it can't work for you it's still better to try and to fail than to not try at all -- which works to the criminals' general advantage.

We never did get a plan from leftists. When I say it's a stupid idea to only allow criminals to have guns, leftists like creeptus melt down and say that's not what liberals want! Well, you're bring it up again, get rid of honest citizens having guns.

So,

1) We outlaw guns
2) Honest citizens don't have them

What is the path to 3 where criminals don't have them either? You never did explain how that happens. So?

Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.

My OP from September 20, 2013

2aguy

I never got a straight answer

New Topics

Forum List

Back