Keep that Atheism to Yourself

uh, no....

So when we ban smoking? Or tell racists that can't discriminate? Or tell people they have to buy insurance? - all of these are examples.
dude, we're talking about Christians imposing their beliefs on others......we don't tell people to buy insurance.....

Apparently you don't drive a car. Or have never heard of ACA. Hmmm
so tell me, bright one....is car insurance Roman Catholic or Protestant?.....

You seem to be having difficulty tracking the conversation. Perhaps a quick re-read would give you context.
the problem began when you accused Christians of pressing their beliefs on others and offered car insurance as an example......

So when we ban smoking? Or tell racists that can't discriminate? Or tell people they have to buy insurance? - all of these are examples.
dude, we're talking about Christians imposing their beliefs on others......we don't tell people to buy insurance.....

Apparently you don't drive a car. Or have never heard of ACA. Hmmm
so tell me, bright one....is car insurance Roman Catholic or Protestant?.....

You seem to be having difficulty tracking the conversation. Perhaps a quick re-read would give you context.
the problem began when you accused Christians of pressing their beliefs on others and offered car insurance as an example......

"Used car salesmen" would have been the correct term.

The First Amendment guarantees you the right to mock what you please. At the same time, it gives others the right to put it on the public square and not really give a damn what you mock.

actually, no, it doesn't.

Actually, yes it does.

Nope. Keep your shit off our public places and out of our schools. Stop trying to foist your mythology into our science classes.

No. You see "our" includes everyone - not just you. I understand you have trouble with that concept, but you are not the only person and the only opinion. If you wish to be master of your world, find yourself some nice little cave somewhere and have at. The public square belongs to the public, and you are but a teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy part of that. If you want to play in that sand box, you have to share. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No. You see "our" includes everyone - not just you. I understand you have trouble with that concept, but you are not the only person and the only opinion. If you wish to be master of your world, find yourself some nice little cave somewhere and have at. The public square belongs to the public, and you are but a teeny, tiny, itsy, bitsy part of that. If you want to play in that sand box, you have to share. Sorry for the inconvenience.

All we have to do is catch one of you assholes trying to sneak your superstitions into our schools or parks,a nd we sue your pants off for it.

Then you'll all whine about how "We're being oppressed even though we are 80% of the population!"

Easy-Peasy.

All we have to do is catch one of you assholes trying to sneak your superstitions into our schools or parks,a nd we sue your pants off for it.

Then you'll all whine about how "We're being oppressed even though we are 80% of the population!"

Easy-Peasy.

Enjoy your cave.

ah, one of those fundamentalist atheists......

Yes. In 1960 it was illegal for an Atheist to be a member of a jury or to be a witness in a trial in Maryland. That was overturned, and rightfully so. Now we see the exact same mindset coming at it from the other direction. When someone insists that only their faith is allowed, it doesn't matter a whit what that faith is.

Yes. In 1960 it was illegal for an Atheist to be a member of a jury or to be a witness in a trial in Maryland. That was overturned, and rightfully so. Now we see the exact same mindset coming at it from the other direction. When someone insists that only their faith is allowed, it doesn't matter a whit what that faith is.
so, its another of those, "atheists are still back where we were in the 60s" thing, like it is with the Muslims and the Christians from the Dark Ages?......

so, its another of those, "atheists are still back where we were in the 60s" thing, like it is with the Muslims and the Christians from the Dark Ages?......

No. It's just some people can't wrap their mind around the idea that they aren't the only person on the planet.

Nobody has suggested that. You are perfectly able to keep your superstitions until we outgrow them as a civilization.

Nobody has suggested that. You are perfectly able to keep your superstitions until we outgrow them as a civilization.

You suggested it. I am no more interested in your version of a theocracy than anyone else's.

Atheism as belief systems may be taught in comparative religious and secular values classes in high school.

Neither may be taught other than as an historical fact in social science or at all in biology.

Fact.

You suggested it. I am no more interested in your version of a theocracy than anyone else's.

Oh, is that what your going for? Atheism is a "religion".

Then "Off" is a TV Channel.

And Not Collecting Stamps is a Hobby.

For you? Most definitely a religion and you clearly believe only your religion should be allowed. No thank you. I'll use my own blind guess. I don't need yours imposed upon me.

But thank you for the irrelevant bumper stickers.

Forum List

Back