Keep Moving Folks - No Earmarks To Look at Here

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
She keeps lying on TV that she has opposed earmarks. Does she think these are tatoos on your frigging ears?

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Gov. Sarah Palin may eventually have said "no thanks" to a federally funded Bridge to Nowhere.

But a bridge to her hometown of Wasilla, that's a different story.

A $600 million bridge and highway project to link Alaska's largest city to Palin's town of 7,000 residents is moving full speed ahead, despite concerns the bridge could worsen some commuting and threaten a population of beluga whales.

Local officials already have spent $42 million on plans to route traffic across the Knik Arm inlet, a narrow finger of water extending roughly 25 miles northeast of Anchorage toward Wasilla. The proposal exists thanks to an earmark request by Republican Rep. Don Young, whose son-in-law has a small stake in property near the bridge's proposed western span.

A Democratic council member in Anchorage will try Tuesday to spike the city's sponsorship of the project, which Palin supports with some reservations.

"This is basically an incredibly expensive project that doesn't help commuters, doesn't help create jobs and may drive whales to extinction," said Justin Massey, an attorney advising environmentalists opposed to the proposal. "It is also a project that serves the area where the governor is from, which is near and dear to her heart."

Palin supports $600 million 'other' bridge project - Yahoo! News

SO what you're saying is you support L'il 'O because he did more than reduce federal funding each year he's actually stopped earmarks altogether (except for the one's that went to his wife hospital just before her big, fat $100,000/year raise, that is)?

Is that why YOU have chosen Obama?

Obama billion dollars of earmarks make Palin look like she is using food stamps (ear-stamps).

Obama billion dollars of earmarks make Palin look like she is using food stamps (ear-stamps).

umm it's $740 million not one billion....do some research before you spout off making yourself look silly...

umm it's $740 million not one billion....do some research before you spout off making yourself look silly...

You are right, i was just copying John McCain's own words when he mentioned a billion dollar in earmarks.

Below is even a better idea. Have they passed this Google for Government?

Obama believes that there has been too little transparency in Washington, and he has been a leader in reforming the earmark process so that every American can know how the government spends their tax dollars. Barack Obama teamed up with Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK) to pass a law that lifted the veil of secrecy in Washington by creating a Google-like search engine that allows ordinary Americans to track federal grants, contracts, earmarks and loans online. The database – known as "Google for Government" – was launched by the Office of Management and Budget in early December and is available at Welcome to USAspending.gov. As president, Obama will give voters the tools they need to track spending so we can stop letting the special interests set the agenda in Washington.

Please don't try to put words in my mouth. I don't know where your hands have been.

I AM SAYING THAT YOUR SARAH KEEPS TELLING US HOW MUCH SHE IS AGAINST FUKKING EARMARKS. SHE ISN'T. SHE LIES. WHEN YOU CALL HER A LIAR, YOU ARE DISRESPECTING HER.

ALASKA HAS THE HIGHEST PERCENT PER PERSON OF EARMAKRED MONEY UNDER HER NO EARMARK REIGN.

Please, be smart enough to lie about something that is harder to fact check.

SO what you're saying is you support L'il 'O because he did more than reduce federal funding each year he's actually stopped earmarks altogether (except for the one's that went to his wife hospital just before her big, fat $100,000/year raise, that is)?

Responding to the Joseph Goebbels of the left is akin to beating your head against a brick wall. He's a loony leftbot without original thought. All he does is spin propaganda.

You are right, i was just copying John McCain's own words when he mentioned a billion dollar in earmarks.

Below is even a better idea. Have they passed this Google for Government?

so what you're saying is once again McCain is LYING about Obama's record? hmmm that's shocking...only not

I like the google for government idea! .

eta: in researching the google for gov it seems the law was passed but Bush hasn't enacted it yet I guess. Obama has pledged to do so when elected.

Last edited:
by Eugene Robinson

"What kind of person tells a self-aggrandizing lie, gets called on it, admits publicly that the truth is not at all what she originally claimed-and then goes out and starts telling the original lie again without changing a word?

Sarah Palin is beginning to seem like quite an unusual woman, and I'm not talking about her love of guns and "snow machines," her faith, her family or any of the presumably non-elite attributes that we in the "elite media" are accused of savaging. Wrongly accused, I should add; reporters are doing nothing more sinister than trying to find out who she is, how she thinks and what she has done in office.

One deeply troubling thing we're learning about Palin is that, as far as she's concerned, unambiguous fact doesn't appear to rise even to the level of inconvenience."

Palin Keeps Lying, and Lying, and ? | CommonDreams.org

1) He didn't request "billions". You lied.

2) Obama represents a state of, what, 12 million people? Palin represents a state of 600,000 people. The amount of earmarks for Illinois, per person, is an order of magnitude less that the scope of earmarks for alaska.

3) Obama isn't running a campaign against all earmarks; and he's not lying about earmarks like Palin.

4) Aren't evangelical christians like Palin, supposed to obey the ten commandments and not lie?

Forum List

Back