'Keep An Eye On Diyala'

They can stop killing any time they want--for a guy who hates killing you sure seem to give these wackos a pass.

At this time, they are useful idiots for MM and the libs. When they are no longer needed he will toss them aside. That is what libs did to Cindy Sheehan - another useful idiot

They can stop killing any time they want--for a guy who hates killing you sure seem to give these wackos a pass.

Give them a pass? It is none of my fucking business... and none of yours. I don't pretend to think that I should or ought or CAN have any real impact on the depth and breadth and length of the conflict between two sects of a religion that I only peripherally understand who have been at each other to varying degrees for a long long long time. I personally believe that they will kill each other until they get a stomach full of it..... and I HOPE that comes sooner rather than later.

Proud? Hmm. Not the terminology I'd use today. Maybe in 30 or 50 years it might apply. On the other hand, if your premise is correct, it was only a matter of time-Saddam, like Tito could not live forever. (Did you hear, speaking of Tito, that the UN has decided to step in and make decisions on that quagmire?)

What we may have inadvertently done, is start the reformation process in Islam, time will tell. In the meantime, if things on the ground do go better which we've established we both hope for, then perhaps if nothing else, we will be in a better position if anything else should pop up in the Middle East.

I think for you to presume that an invading conquering occupying army from America is somehow going to start a reformation of Islam is the height of arrogance and conceit - or maybe, in your case, merely heartfelt, well meaning self delusion.

I think for you to presume that an invading conquering occupying army from America is somehow going to start a reformation of Islam is the height of arrogance and conceit - or maybe, in your case, merely heartfelt, well meaning self delusion.

Yep, I would be open to the possibility of hubris or real superiority of alternatives, time hopefully will tell. In any case, not delusion much less :shock: naivete.

Give them a pass? It is none of my fucking business... and none of yours. I don't pretend to think that I should or ought or CAN have any real impact on the depth and breadth and length of the conflict between two sects of a religion that I only peripherally understand who have been at each other to varying degrees for a long long long time. I personally believe that they will kill each other until they get a stomach full of it..... and I HOPE that comes sooner rather than later.

You have no problem laying the blame for this sectarian violence at the feet of the current administration. Muslims are killing Muslims---that's what they choose to do.

You have no problem laying the blame for this sectarian violence at the feet of the current administration. Muslims are killing Muslims---that's what they choose to do.

but the fact remains...Saddam was keeping a lid on their homocidal urges....WE took the lid away. Sunnis and shiites are now slaughtering one another in Iraq because WE deposed Saddam. Their carnage threatens to spill over to the entire region.... that will also be violence that we set in motion....

but the fact remains...Saddam was keeping a lid on their homocidal urges....WE took the lid away. Sunnis and shiites are now slaughtering one another in Iraq because WE deposed Saddam. Their carnage threatens to spill over to the entire region.... that will also be violence that we set in motion....

and how was he keeping lid on them ???? BY KILLING THEM get a clue !!!!

. Muslims are killing Muslims---that's what they choose to do.

And if Bush and his admin had done their homework, they'd have known this pre invasion. Personally, I think they did. I think they want sectarian violence. After all, if they're fighting each other, they are taking their eyes off the US. That's not a bad thing BTW, but it does leave the region unstable.

Yep, I would be open to the possibility of hubris or real superiority of alternatives, time hopefully will tell. In any case, not delusion much less :shock: naivete.

well...since we have already removed the top of Pandora's Box....I guess our only real option is to hope for a rosy conclusion.

As my Dad said (who died, friday, by the way, at age 94 - funeral in Illinois on wednesday) hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up faster.

And if Bush and his admin had done their homework, they'd have known this pre invasion. Personally, I think they did. I think they want sectarian violence. After all, if they're fighting each other, they are taking their eyes off the US. That's not a bad thing BTW, but it does leave the region unstable.

Are Muslims just stupid shits that can't figure out how not to kill each other??

and how was he keeping lid on them ???? BY KILLING THEM get a clue !!!!

Iraqis have killed each other over the past three years at a rate that far surpassed Saddam in the three years prior to the invasion.... you should get a clue.

Are Muslims just stupid shits that can't figure out how not to kill each other??

look...dildoduck.... what you know about Islam could fit in a coffee cup and there would still be room for a cup of coffee. Maybe you should find another topic to pontificate upon.

Basically, yep. Been that way for centuries. Probably the biggest mistake happened decades ago when the French and British divided up the ME without properly taking religious and ethnic affiliations into place. Same with Africa...typical colonial arrogance, or naivity...

then I would suggest to them to stop it.

and I am sure that they will take that profoundly intelligent suggestion under advisement....just like they do when the infidel American soldiers make that same suggestion.

I would suggest that we get the fuck out of there as soon as possible and take the reins of foreign policy away from the party of immature idiots who have succeeded in driving us into a ditch....and make them sit in the corner for a well deserved "time out" until they purge their leadership ranks of the neocon morons who now inhabit them.

and I am sure that they will take that profoundly intelligent suggestion under advisement....just like they do when the infidel American soldiers make that same suggestion.

I would suggest that we get the fuck out of there as soon as possible and take the reins of foreign policy away from the party of immature idiots who have succeeded in driving us into a ditch....and make them sit in the corner for a well deserved "time out" until they purge their leadership ranks of the neocon morons who now inhabit them.

I doubt they will--I think they will continue to slaughter the hell out of each other like the lunatics they are. Let's let Iran have Iraq--there's a great idea !

I doubt they will--I think they will continue to slaughter the hell out of each other like the lunatics they are. Let's let Iran have Iraq--there's a great idea !

don't you wish now that you would have listened to the democrats who were saying stay the fuck out of Iraq instead of following this moron in the white house?

Forum List

Back