KC Mayor to OWS Douchebaggers: Pony Up!

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Jan 3, 2009
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
Complete with the standard and totally ignorant charge that expecting them to cover the expenses for blocking off streets, snarling traffic, covering the extra police and clean up costs, is infringing on their free speech. :lol:

Looks like the free-loadery of these little clowns is finally coming to an end.

Those in the Occupy KC movement, struggling to stay relevant in a rapidly evolving political landscape, have decided to hold a march (of sorts) on December 30.

Traffic at and around Ninth and Main would, as a result, have to be shut down.

This shut-down would cost $4,100 to accomplish. The Occupiers are refusing to pay it. In fact, they can’t pay it. They only have a thousand bucks in the donation jar. The city, they say, should foot the bill for their anti-capitalist propaganda machine.

<snip>

So what is the Occupy KC movement even about anymore? Are they a political movement at all or are they just a random collection of Kansas City’s vagrants?

Sunday’s edition of the KC Star featured a letter to the editor titled “KC Homeless Camp?” that shed some light on the situation.

I went to the Occupy Kansas City site to take some things, and though I didn’t spend a lot of time there, I got the feeling that it was more of a homeless community pretending to be a political organization. There are a lot of tents, but the five people I saw — well, it didn’t seem like they would know what day it was. I just can’t tell if it is real or a scam.
KC’s “Occupy” Headache

If the vagrants show up .....break out the water cannons......

water-cannon_1848171i.jpg

OWS has cost many struggling cities a whole lot of cash. Taxpayers should not burdened with those costs. Time for OWS to do the right thing and pay up.

I think we'll be seeing more cash-strapped cities going after OWS for these Taxpayer costs. But Soros has deep deep pockets. So i'm sure he can pick up the tab.

I think we'll be seeing more cash-strapped cities going after OWS for these Taxpayer costs. But Soros has deep deep pockets. So i'm sure he can pick up the tab.

Yes, please send all the bills to Soros, maybe he will butt the hell out of politics.

There has never yet been a situation where costs were imposed on protesters. This will take a court case.

OWS will be around for awhile. Their message is clear and millions upon millions can relate.

I guess money really does equal speech.

Why should all Taxpayers have to suffer? Everyone has rights. OWS rights aren't any more important than any other Citizen's rights. The have crippled these already struggling cities with their Bullshit. So it's time for them to hit their Daddy George Soros up for some cash. I'm sure he has plenty of it. Let him put his money where his mouth is. These Cites sure could use the help.

Why should all Taxpayers have to suffer? Everyone has rights. OWS rights aren't any more important than any other Citizen's rights. The have crippled these already struggling cities with their Bullshit. So it's time for them to hit their Daddy George Soros up for some cash. I'm sure he has plenty of it. Let him put his money where his mouth is. These Cites sure could use the help.

For a libertarian you sure have a low opinion of populism.

I have a very high opinion of Taxpayer/Citizen rights. And OWS has crippled these struggling cities. Now why should all Taxpayers be forced to pay for that? These cities are now being forced to cut essential services for their Citizens as a result of these OWS costs. So if Soros doesn't want to pay up,these cities have no choice but to sue and try to get some reimbursements. It's their only recourse at this point. Did you see the horrific messes OWS left behind in these cities? Check it out and then get back to us.

I have a very high opinion of Taxpayer/Citizen rights. And OWS has crippled these struggling cities. Now why should all Taxpayers be forced to pay for that? These cities are now being forced to cut essential services for their Citizens as a result of these OWS costs. So if Soros doesn't want to pay up,these cities have no choice but to sue and try to get some reimbursements. It's their only recourse at this point. Did you see the horrific messes OWS left behind in these cities? Check it out and then get back to us.

Libertarianism for "The Business Owners and Taxpayers"and fascism for the lowly masses is still fascism.

Libertarianism for "The Business Owners and Taxpayers"and fascism for the lowly masses is still fascism.

Well then we'll see you in court i guess. All Citizens/Taxpayers have rights. Not just OWS Citizens. You better give ole Soros a call. Because it's time to pay up.

Dude quit making this all about the dirty hippies, if these people could get the slightest bit of media attention by being perfect citizens then they would not resort to things like this. People have been protesting Wall Street for Decades, all in vain until now. There is not a city in America that does not carry a hefty debt to Wall Street, that simple fact costs more than any inconvenience OWS may cause and gives the banks huge leverage over city governments, far more than The People have.

Dude quit making this all about the dirty hippies, if these people could get the slightest bit of media attention by being perfect citizens then they would not resort to things like this. People have been protesting Wall Street for Decades, all in vain until now. There is not a city in America that does not carry a hefty debt to Wall Street, that simple fact costs more than any inconvenience OWS may cause and gives the banks huge leverage over city governments, far more than The People have.

You people only sunk already struggling cities. That's all you accomplished. Now the Citizens/Taxpayers in these cities will have to see their essential services cut because of you guys. You guys owe these cities some reimbursement. If Soros doesn't want to pay,then i guess you will have to. Like i said,see ya in court.

You people only sunk already struggling cities. That's all you accomplished. Now the Citizens/Taxpayers in these cities will have to see their essential services cut because of you guys. You guys owe these cities some reimbursement. If Soros doesn't want to pay,then i guess you will have to. Like i said,see ya in court.

You People? This Mayor will cost his city plenty if his over reach ends up in court because he is going to lose.

Complete with the standard and totally ignorant charge that expecting them to cover the expenses for blocking off streets, snarling traffic, covering the extra police and clean up costs, is infringing on their free speech. :lol:

Looks like the free-loadery of these little clowns is finally coming to an end.

Those in the Occupy KC movement, struggling to stay relevant in a rapidly evolving political landscape, have decided to hold a march (of sorts) on December 30.

Traffic at and around Ninth and Main would, as a result, have to be shut down.

This shut-down would cost $4,100 to accomplish. The Occupiers are refusing to pay it. In fact, they can’t pay it. They only have a thousand bucks in the donation jar. The city, they say, should foot the bill for their anti-capitalist propaganda machine.

<snip>

So what is the Occupy KC movement even about anymore? Are they a political movement at all or are they just a random collection of Kansas City’s vagrants?

Sunday’s edition of the KC Star featured a letter to the editor titled “KC Homeless Camp?” that shed some light on the situation.

I went to the Occupy Kansas City site to take some things, and though I didn’t spend a lot of time there, I got the feeling that it was more of a homeless community pretending to be a political organization. There are a lot of tents, but the five people I saw — well, it didn’t seem like they would know what day it was. I just can’t tell if it is real or a scam.
KC’s “Occupy” Headache

The city, they say, should foot the bill for their anti-capitalist propaganda machine.
They didn't say that.

Forum List

Back