Kayne West Hates Bush, So He Hurts the Poor

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/115744.php

Red Cross Under Seige Because of NBC

See it for yourself.

NBC allowed these ignorant, hateful comments to go on-air, potentially alientating 1/2 of potential donors, just to get a political dig in at the President. I'm livid, not because of West's attack on the President, but becuase this will cost the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

I just spoke to a Red Cross call center supervisor. Call centers have been deluged with complaints. They just released the following statement:

WASHINGTON, Friday, September 02, 2005 — The American Red Cross is incredibly grateful for the support we’re receiving in the wake of the catastrophic events caused by Hurricane Katrina. We want to acknowledge the ongoing support of NBC-Universal, which aired a telethon tonight on behalf of the victims of this tragedy.

During the telecast, a controversial comment was made by one of the celebrities. We would like the American public to know that our support is unwavering, regardless of political circumstances. We are a neutral and impartial organization, and support disaster victims across the country regardless of race, class, color or creed. We cannot, and we do not endorse any comments of a political nature.

NBC just hurt poor people. I hope it was worth it to get in a few cheap shots at the president.

Update: Since you asked:

* NBC Contact Page. Reader Toni discovered an email address buried in a FAQ for NBC programming. [email protected].
* Red Cross Contact Page, or 1-800-HELP NOW.

Posted by Confederate Yankee at September 2, 2005 10:44 PM

He's rapidly old news anyway.. his 2nd album is trash, only like 3 good songs on it.

He's always been prone to public rages and temper tantrums though, just another spoiled celebrity with a platform to do good he won't ever appreciate. I wonder how many of those celebrities on these benefits can't stand George Bush but put that aside and sang/spoke their heart out for the victims and for the country.

NATO AIR said:
He's rapidly old news anyway.. his 2nd album is trash, only like 3 good songs on it.

He's always been prone to public rages and temper tantrums though, just another spoiled celebrity with a platform to do good he won't ever appreciate. I wonder how many of those celebrities on these benefits can't stand George Bush but put that aside and sang/spoke their heart out for the victims and for the country.

One would think that if you are 'donating' your talents to a charity, you would want the largest numbers to donate. :confused:

Kathianne said:
One would think that if you are 'donating' your talents to a charity, you would want the largest numbers to donate. :confused:

yea, his ego is so huge that he believed people wanted to hear his opinion... as laura ingraham once wrote... SHUT UP AND SING!

NATO AIR said:
yea, his ego is so huge that he believed people wanted to hear his opinion... as laura ingraham once wrote... SHUT UP AND SING!

I wonder how many people just turned it off and went onto other things-never calling the Red Cross? NBC was just wrong-they have delay and could have stopped that.

Kathianne said:
I wonder how many people just turned it off and went onto other things-never calling the Red Cross? NBC was just wrong-they have delay and could have stopped that.

Well I think it was live... they did cut it out of the time delayed West coast presentation....

NBC should just open up its coffers and give about 20 million then right?

this is the network that paid the stars of "Friends" a million or more an episode, i mean c'mon...

NATO AIR said:
Well I think it was live... they did cut it out of the time delayed West coast presentation....

NBC should just open up its coffers and give about 20 million then right?

this is the network that paid the stars of "Friends" a million or more an episode, i mean c'mon...

You may be right, I don't know how that all works, though I believe it was at the Academy Awards awhile back, that they just went to commercials and changed one of the presenters?

The left is going bonkers, but seems that many think it's ok. So we'll see what the future brings. I'm more and more convinced we are going to end up with a Hillary or her ilk in 2008.

Kathianne said:
You may be right, I don't know how that all works, though I believe it was at the Academy Awards awhile back, that they just went to commercials and changed one of the presenters?

The left is going bonkers, but seems that many think it's ok. So we'll see what the future brings. I'm more and more convinced we are going to end up with a Hillary or her ilk in 2008.

I have faith in Rudy, Condi or even Romney.

Shoot, the left's been going bonkers since the day bush entered office....

NATO AIR said:
I have faith in Rudy, Condi or even Romney.

Shoot, the left's been going bonkers since the day bush entered office....

Yeah, but they are gaining the upper hand. Now GW is in all likelihood the lame duck they were hoping for. The left more than hates him and those that voted for him. Those that voted for him are also angry at what he's done and not done. The left is going to win next time, barring an event that does galvanize the country, which I do not even want to contemplate what that would have to be. :terror:

Kathianne said:
Yeah, but they are gaining the upper hand. Now GW is in all likelihood the lame duck they were hoping for. The left more than hates him and those that voted for him. Those that voted for him are also angry at what he's done and not done. The left is going to win next time, barring an event that does galvanize the country, which I do not even want to contemplate what that would have to be. :terror:

if Iraq stablizes, couldn't that be the event?

NATO AIR said:
if Iraq stablizes, couldn't that be the event?

I am going to surprised if we stay long enough for that to occur. Bush may start withdrawing, certainly whoever takes over will.

Kathianne said:
I am going to surprised if we stay long enough for that to occur. Bush may start withdrawing, certainly whoever takes over will.

:( i really, really hope not.

let's see what happens with these elections in the fall....

NATO AIR said:
:( i really, really hope not.

let's see what happens with these elections in the fall....

Unless there is a communicator they have hidden, the GOP is going to get :death:

NATO AIR said:
oh sorry i meant the iraqi elections this october....

Sorry, thought you mixed up 2005, and 06. My bad. As for Iraq elections, I'm hesitant. As you said earlier, if our soldiers are disillusioned with the people and politics, imagine the Iraqi leaders? They KNOW they need the US, but it's becoming oh so obvious...

Forum List

Back