Kavanaugh‘s hearing has taught us a lot about the Republican Party

Republicans put the good of corporations over the American people.

Republicans will do nothing to help Americans get healthcare.

Republicans will rush to ram their agenda through because they’re afraid of America finds out what’s behind that agenda they won’t vote Republican.

Republicans don’t believe in civil rights.

A list of GOP 5 to 4 court decisions were read yesterday.

What we learned is any case involving civil rights or challenging corporation overstep will never come down on the side of the American people.

Republicans are a corporate party.

Do US message board Republicans agree.?

"Democrats Demand Kavanaugh Submit To DNA Test To Prove He’s Not Actually Hitler"
Democrats Demand Kavanaugh Submit To DNA Test To Prove He's Not Actually Hitler

I watched the hearing all day and during one of the Democrats turn to speak he listed a very long list of supreme court 5 to 4 decisions since Gorsuch became supreme court justice.
I can’t help it if you guys don’t listen. Perhaps if you did you wouldn’t follow Trump so mindlessly.

For you and your argument, it's all about who you choose to follow, much like your decision to express that a multitude of decisions that result in 5-4 ruling along party lines could actually make them wrong. This is not kindergarten we are talking about, where everyone needs a participation trophy, nor where diversity makes a damn bit of difference as to whether or not a ruling should go one way or another.

It either abides by the Constitution and the rule of law, or it doesn't. If you want to suggest your opposition isn't interested in either, that's okay with me, but don't pretend it makes you correct.

I watched the hearing all day and during one of the Democrats turn to speak he listed a very long list of supreme court 5 to 4 decisions since Gorsuch became supreme court justice.
I can’t help it if you guys don’t listen. Perhaps if you did you wouldn’t follow Trump so mindlessly.
I did listen It still doesn't support what you said. Only your opinion.. But Im used to seeing your distorted opinions.
Who's opinion are these?
READ: The Roberts Five: Advancing Right-Wing and Corporate Interests 92% of the Time

A review of the Supreme Court’s jurisprudence during the Roberts Era reveals that in the most controversial and salient civil cases – those decided by bare 5-4 or 5-3 majorities – when the right wing of the Court has voted en bloc to form the majority, they do so to advance far-right and corporate interests a striking 92 percent of the time. In those cases, the “Roberts Five” – Chief Justice John Roberts, Justice Samuel Alito, Justice Clarence Thomas, Justice Anthony Kennedy, and Justice Antonin Scalia (replaced last year by Justice Neil Gorsuch) – have reliably voted in lockstep to help Republicans win elections, to protect corporations from liability, to abridge civil rights, and to advance the far right social agenda.

READ: Brett Kavanaugh in Partisan 2-1 cases: Advancing Right-Wing and Corporate Interests 91% of the Time

A review of Brett Kavanaugh’s jurisprudence on the D.C. Circuit reveals that in the most controversial and salient civil cases – those decided by bare 2-1 majorities – when Kavanaugh is in the majority with another Republican-appointed judge, he votes to advance far-right and corporate interests a striking 91 percent of the time.

READ: The Roberts Five: Siding with Conservative Amici Curiae 92% of the Time
Hey dumbass, you and the idiot ops are summarizing to your own narrative.. Jesus, you clowns are pathetic.
Hey shit for brains Any idiot supporting the known idiot in our WH shouldn't be calling anyone a dumbass

Any idiot supporting the known idiot in our WH shouldn't be calling anyone a dumbass

Did you vote for the other idiot, dumbass?
The funny thing will that you and others on your side of the fence don't get is Trump's idiocy is a Known Known Hills ability in office is UNknown

I did listen It still doesn't support what you said. Only your opinion.. But Im used to seeing your distorted opinions.
Who's opinion are these?
READ: The Roberts Five: Advancing Right-Wing and Corporate Interests 92% of the Time

A review of the Supreme Court’s jurisprudence during the Roberts Era reveals that in the most controversial and salient civil cases – those decided by bare 5-4 or 5-3 majorities – when the right wing of the Court has voted en bloc to form the majority, they do so to advance far-right and corporate interests a striking 92 percent of the time. In those cases, the “Roberts Five” – Chief Justice John Roberts, Justice Samuel Alito, Justice Clarence Thomas, Justice Anthony Kennedy, and Justice Antonin Scalia (replaced last year by Justice Neil Gorsuch) – have reliably voted in lockstep to help Republicans win elections, to protect corporations from liability, to abridge civil rights, and to advance the far right social agenda.

READ: Brett Kavanaugh in Partisan 2-1 cases: Advancing Right-Wing and Corporate Interests 91% of the Time

A review of Brett Kavanaugh’s jurisprudence on the D.C. Circuit reveals that in the most controversial and salient civil cases – those decided by bare 2-1 majorities – when Kavanaugh is in the majority with another Republican-appointed judge, he votes to advance far-right and corporate interests a striking 91 percent of the time.

Hey dumbass, you and the idiot ops are summarizing to your own narrative.. Jesus, you clowns are pathetic.
Hey shit for brains Any idiot supporting the known idiot in our WH shouldn't be calling anyone a dumbass

Any idiot supporting the known idiot in our WH shouldn't be calling anyone a dumbass

The funny thing will that you and others on your side of the fence don't get is Trump's idiocy is a Known Known Hills ability in office is UNknown

So you DID vote for the other idiot,,,,

Who's opinion are these?

For 2 reasons,,will one I didn't believe the bs about hill that repubs had been spewing for 25 years and #2 I knew Trump was a lying cheating slime bag That being said ,financially under trump I've done better this year than ever before Yeah he gets some credit

For 2 reasons,,will one I didn't believe the bs about hill that repubs had been spewing for 25 years and #2 I knew Trump was a lying cheating slime bag That being said ,financially under trump I've done better this year than ever before Yeah he gets some credit
ed

you live in NY.

your vote for Hillary wasn't even noticed.

just a drop in a pitcher of blue koolaid

ed

you live in NY.

I know But it felt good to vote against a man I detest and it's every citizens duty to vote for our leaders

ed

you live in NY.

I know But it felt good to vote against a man I detest and it's every citizens duty to vote for our leaders

Made me feel good to vote against both of them.

ed

you live in NY.

Made me feel good to vote against both of them.
doesn't make you a bad guy

Republicans will rush to ram their agenda through because they’re afraid of America finds out what’s behind that agenda they won’t vote Republican.

What we learned is any case involving civil rights or challenging corporation overstep will never come down on the side of the American people.

How did you get any of that from the hearing?

Pay attention. A list of 5-4 decisions was read. Think about that. 5-4. All those judges went to law school. All of them were great students. But somehow or other they divided on partisan grounds. And in every case, every single case, the majority came down on the side of the powerful over the weak, corporations over the people, and Republicans over democrats. One legal analyst commented on the "tortured reasoning" of some of those decisions. The SCOTUS has became a joke, a friggin joke. It is a glaring black eye on the Republic that has nothing to do with "justice" and everything to do with power. If the founders were still around they would have already written another Declaration of Independence and initiated an armed revolt against our Plutocracy.
And in every case,

and in every case, the (very likely same) 4 justices voted against.

Principle, or partisanship?

Have you read any of those decisions? Tortured logic would be a complement on some of them. And they punted on other cases, like the North Carolina Congressional redistricting. It was clearly done to maximize Republican seats, hell, the leaders of the Republican party bragged openly about it. The result is 10 out of 13 seats being held by Republicans, in a state that is almost split fifty fifty. Ironically, the very result the Republicans predicted when they drew the screwed up maps. And since the SCOTUS punted, well that gerrymandered map is going to be used for the midterms one last time even though the lower court has ruled them unconstitutional and ordered them redone, and not by partisan politicians.

Nope, in North Carolina it is time to return to the War of Regulation, which I am quite sure you and your fellow Trumpetts know nothing about despite the fact that it was the catalyst that started the American Revolution.

Pay attention. A list of 5-4 decisions was read. Think about that. 5-4. All those judges went to law school. All of them were great students. But somehow or other they divided on partisan grounds. And in every case, every single case, the majority came down on the side of the powerful over the weak, corporations over the people, and Republicans over democrats. One legal analyst commented on the "tortured reasoning" of some of those decisions. The SCOTUS has became a joke, a friggin joke. It is a glaring black eye on the Republic that has nothing to do with "justice" and everything to do with power. If the founders were still around they would have already written another Declaration of Independence and initiated an armed revolt against our Plutocracy.
And in every case,

Have you read any of those decisions? Tortured logic would be a complement on some of them. And they punted on other cases, like the North Carolina Congressional redistricting. It was clearly done to maximize Republican seats, hell, the leaders of the Republican party bragged openly about it. The result is 10 out of 13 seats being held by Republicans, in a state that is almost split fifty fifty. Ironically, the very result the Republicans predicted when they drew the screwed up maps. And since the SCOTUS punted, well that gerrymandered map is going to be used for the midterms one last time even though the lower court has ruled them unconstitutional and ordered them redone, and not by partisan politicians.

Nope, in North Carolina it is time to return to the War of Regulation, which I am quite sure you and your fellow Trumpetts know nothing about despite the fact that it was the catalyst that started the American Revolution.

Nope, in North Carolina it is time to return to the War of Regulation,

you're comparing this to the War of Regulation?

That's a stretch and a half

he listed a very long list of supreme court 5 to 4 decisions since Gorsuch became supreme court justice.

been 5-4 votes longer than that.

tell me dean...

why wasn't it 6-3 in those cases?

liberal justices refuse to cross the aisle?

Actually, the last Supreme Court session had viewer unanimous decisions, and more 5-4 decisions, than any court session in decades. Many of those 5-4 decisions CREATED LAW and overturned literally decades of stare decisis. Something I thought Republicans were suppose to oppose, but like everything else, they are more than willing to drop their principles in order to serve their corporate and wealthy masters. Like Pop always said, if you can't stand for anything you will fall for everything.

he listed a very long list of supreme court 5 to 4 decisions since Gorsuch became supreme court justice.

tell me dean...

Actually, the last Supreme Court session had viewer unanimous decisions, and more 5-4 decisions, than any court session in decades. Many of those 5-4 decisions CREATED LAW and overturned literally decades of stare decisis. Something I thought Republicans were suppose to oppose, but like everything else, they are more than willing to drop their principles in order to serve their corporate and wealthy masters. Like Pop always said, if you can't stand for anything you will fall for everything.

yada yada yada

and if democrats had the majority, the votes would STILL be 5-4, but in a direction you like.

And in every case,

When a small group of wealthy individuals, lead by corrupt lawyers and politicians, began suppressing the will of the people, the people rose up in arms against them. In other words, what is happening today.

tell me dean...

yada yada yada

and if democrats had the majority, the votes would STILL be 5-4, but in a direction you like.

tell me dean...

yada yada yada

Take this case.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/17pdf/16-980_f2q3.pdf

The majority opinion is laughable, and actually destroyed by the two dissenting opinions. It is going to be embarrassing when my grandkids study those rulings in law school.

And in every case,

When a small group of wealthy individuals, lead by corrupt lawyers and politicians, began suppressing the will of the people, the people rose up in arms against them. In other words, what is happening today.

When a small group of wealthy individuals, lead by corrupt lawyers and politicians, began suppressing the will of the people, the people rose up in arms against them.

When did that happen?

the people you are referring to were installed at the pleasure of the King, by his representatives.

are you deluded to the point we are again under the rule of a monarch?

And in every case,

When a small group of wealthy individuals, lead by corrupt lawyers and politicians, began suppressing the will of the people, the people rose up in arms against them.

When did that happen?

the people you are referring to were installed at the pleasure of the King, by his representatives.

are you deluded to the point we are again under the rule of a monarch?

The War of the Regulation had little, if anything, to do with the monarch. It was all about LOCAL sheriffs and judges, supported by the appointed governor. It was about five percent of the population, the wealthy landowners in the east, controlling the other 95% of the population. So yes, damn close to what is happening now across the country and especially in North Carolina where the right wing unconstitutionally elected and highly unpopular legislature has ran roughshod on the majority of the people. Their enacted tax policy has been called the "The Great Tax Shift" as income taxes on the highest earners have been cut and regressive sales taxes have increased. In effect, the lowest income earners are paying for the tax cuts of the wealthy, pretty much exactly what was happening in the 1760"s in North Carolina. Back then, the people actually had a set of nuts and did something about it. Today the vast majority of North Carolinians are clueless has to what is going on or react to the racist dog whistles of this screwed up legislature.

Forum List

Back