CDZ Kavanaugh Documents Released Late, How Big A Deal?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Toronado3800, Sep 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,184
    Kavanaugh confirmation is not 'normal,' Klobuchar says, claiming too many documents withheld

Hours before Kavanaugh nomination hearings, Bush lawyer releases 42,000 pages of documents to Judiciary Committee

I suppose this is always going to happen and my theory is Kavanaugh is not the worst of fellows Trump could have nominated.

So, if I were a senator in exchange for voting for Kavanaugh I'd demand some rule where senators had to vote on proposed justices before taking any vacation or off time or whatever to prevent that joke we saw last year. Thank goodness we're not waiting 3 or 7 years to get a vote on Kavanaugh lol.

But yeah, what's the take on the document situation? Business as normal? I just don't recall it coming up before.

2. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,192
    The democrats received what they always have received, all court documents and decisions relating to Kavanaugh. They are asking for documents predating his enrobing. This is clearly beyond what has been asked of any other judge. It is obviously just more obstruction.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,256
    Not a big deal, especially considering the past behavior of those who are screeching the loudest.

Grassley nailed it when he noted they had already made up their minds.

I also note how nauseating it is to hear DiFI say that RvW is important because it is the bulwark to protect individuals from government interference in all of their most personal decisions, such as END OF LIFE CARE. Jeebus, ObabbleCare is paving the way for legal euthanasia due to denial of care.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  4. S.J.

S.J. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,307
    We know the Dem's strategy. Delay, delay, delay, as long as possible. Hopefully for 6 more years. Not happening. Kavanaugh will be confirmed before the mid-terms. Suck it up, libs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Tipsycatlover

Tipsycatlover Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,192
    Democrats will take their pain and vow to impeach the justices they don't like starting with Clarence Thomas.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. skews13

skews13 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,023
    90% of his past has not been submitted.

If his record is so exemplary, why are those documents being witheld?

In the hearing today, Senator Richard Durbin exposed that Kavanaugh lied under oath during his DC circuit confirmation.

The only joke are these confirmation hearings.

Unless you were speaking of the joke of Mitch McConnell not allowing an August recess to give Democrats no time to go home to campaign ahead of the elections.

There are indeed many jokes in this whole sordid affair.

All of them have (R)'s next to their names.

Fortunately, most of these jokes are over the age of 55, and will be replaced with younger, browner, and more Liberal replacements over the next 30 years that will wipe out the history of conservatism from the end of World War 2 up until that time.

And because the Congress and state legislatures and governorships that will be held by those younger, browner, and more Liberal replacements, are the Constitutional check and balance on the judiciary, all of this will become moot anyway.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,623

No, it isn't a big deal...they have hundreds of actual cases where he wrote opinions to look at...they are just trying to gum up the works......the Republicans passed ginsburg through and she was a left wing totalitarian.

8. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,623

Durbin is a less than honorable source, and if this weren't the clean debate zone I would say exactly what he is....

9. 2aguy

2aguy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,623
    And why didn't the democrats look at the records that were actually available to them?

WATCH: Grassley Nukes Democrats Complaining About No Access To Kavanaugh Records

"But not all of these presidential records remain confidential. In fact, nearly two-thirds already became public," Grassley said during the Supreme Court confirmation hearing. "These records are posted on the committee's public website and available to the American people."

"As a result, we provided an unprecedented public access to a record number of presidential records and did it in record time," Grassley continued. "The most sensitive presidential records remain committee confidential under federal law just as they were during the nominations of Kagan or Gorsuch. But we have expanded access to these documents also instead of just providing access to committee members, we've provided access to all 100 senators."

"Instead of just providing access to a very few committee aides, we've provided access to all committee aides," Grassley reminded Democrats. "And instead of just providing access to physical binders of paper, we've provided 24/7 digital and searchable access. This is unprecedented access to committee confidential material.

I would also like to add that my staff set up work stations and have been available 24/7 to help senators who are not on committee access confidential materials, but not once, but not one senator showed up."

"I guess senators complaining about lack of access to confidential documents weren't really interested in seeing them in the first place," Grassley concluded. "But I want to emphasize more documents are widely available than in any prior Supreme Court nomination."

10. deanrd

deanrd Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,807
    42 thousand documents released 15 hours earlier when it took Republicans 57 days to go over the documents before they released them?

Try to figure out the math.

Why are Republicans in such a hurry?

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.