Kavanaugh And The Constitution

Before you burst into song and dance over Kavanaugh, consider he was a clerk for Kennedy, not exactly a true conservative. Also hired by Kagan as a professor, which I would consider a warning sign. Finally, in his acceptance speech he referred to the job as interpreting the Constitution THREE times. The Constitution is applied, not interpreted.

"Also hired by Kagan as a professor, which I would consider a warning sign."

Agree.

Strategically, Trump should have rammed the most conservative jurist he could down the liberal throats. Then, you take someone like Kavanaugh for the next appointment. Hopefully Ginsberg's replacement.

A two hundred plus year old document is out of date last I checked. Slavery anyone? Separate but really equal. You want to marry who! Life has changed, we can drink alcohol now and owning tanks and bazookas are still a no no at least for now. Machine guns are fine though if you can afford the ammo.

A conservative SCOTUS is simply the legislative branch of the oligarchs, the corporatist, the bigoted, read its history if you doubt.

"Few American institutions have inflicted greater suffering on ordinary people than the Supreme Court of the United States. Since its inception, the justices of the Supreme Court have shaped a nation where children toiled in coal mines, where Americans could be forced into camps because of their race, and where a woman could be sterilized against her will by state law." Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted by Ian Millhiser

13 Worst Supreme Court Decisions of All Time'

13 Worst Supreme Court Decisions of All Time

"Lawyers are the only persons in whom ignorance of the law is not punished." Jeremy Bentham

And the Federalist Society is a group of lackeys funded by 'dark money'. For a Federalist Society judge all you you have to say is you're for the 'constitution' which has now become a dog whistle heard by those in power knowing that America will be under their control and the working class will lose again. Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right by Jane Mayer

Uh, hate to break this news to you, but;
You can own tanks - even with a working canon.
you can own bazookas
You can own Grenade launchers
You can own Flame throwers
And, if you can afford them, you can own fighter jets.

The left wouldn't have half the problems they did if they didn't focus so much on minorities and actually thought things through when conducting regulation.

1) Obamacare was a half assed fail with a mandatory fine that shouldn't have existed (instead of doing universal healthcare).
2) The Durbin Amendment to Dodd-Frank goes against regulation and raised banking prices for consumers.
3) Sent money to other countries that didn't do anything for us in return, wasting our tax dollars.
4) Listening to the needs of minorities - inflating their egos, which is why we see things like #blacklivesmater and kneeling during the national anthem.
5) Referring to ISIS as "ISIL."
6) Failing to secure our borders, but instead, declaring "sanctuary cities" instead (so they look stupid).
7) Creating a society where people can't mind their own damn business. it's none of YOUR business if I swear... I'm an adult and you aren't my parent.
8) Creating a society where people on the left have a stroke when someone speaks their mind.
9) Choking small businesses with excess regulation (Dubrin, Obamacare costs, high taxes).
10) Promoting that being a transgender is actually acceptable (it's not, and quite frankly, it's disgusting).
11) Taking "equality" too far... Gender roles exist for a reason, but the left doesn't believe in them anymore.
12) Encouraging laziness by handing out excessive amounts of food stamps, welfare funds, and other free things.

It's no wonder the left has lost so many representative, senators, and governors over the last 10 years.

The fact that the Supreme Court will be heavily to the "right" is the Dem's own fault because they don't think things through.

Million%20Die%20600%20LI20180712025931.jpg

Something about Kavanaugh gives me really bad vibes.
I predict he will screw the American people royally every chance he gets.

Always opting for more govt spying and less protection of rights and liberties.

Prejudice? Maybe....but he looks like the classic traitor.

Well...I hope you misjudge the guy, but only time will tell.

But, remember.....'let not the good be the enemy of the perfect.'

Then, there's this...

"The common wisdom holds that 'both parties' have to appeal to the extremes during the primary and then move to the center for the general election. To the contrary, both parties run for office as conservatives. Once they have fooled the voters and are safely in office, Republicans sometimes double-cross the voters. Democrats always do."
Coulter, 11-27-03

If you honor the Constitution, and consider it the law of the land.....

....then it would be a case of cognitive dissonance to vote for any Democrat/Liberal.

They are suffering from Kavanaugh conniptions, which forces them to disavow the Constitution.

HamasNBC host Katy Tur:
"Based on where Americans stand on the issues, and Americans have really moved in a much more progressive direction over the years, do you think it's appropriate to continue to take such a strict, originalist view of the Constitution, given it's 2018 and not 1776?"

'Strict interpretation' and 'originalist' mean actually being guided by the words ratified by our Founders.

The brilliant Ben Shapiro incinerates Tur, and every Liberal opponent of Kavanaugh:

"Oh, the levels of stupid,” Shapiro reacted.
“1776, the Constitution was not yet written, Number One.

Number Two: If you believe that America has evolved beyond the Constitution, it has an amendment process. Also, we have legislatures that you can elect.

And finally, the idea that any of this justifies the Supreme Court moving away from the text of a law simply so that they can interpret the Constitution as poetry is more evidence that the left wants the Supreme Court to simply be a super legislature as opposed to, you know, an actual judiciary that is using judgment instead of will, as per Alexander Hamilton in Federalist ’78.”
'Oh, The Levels Of Stupid': Ben Shapiro Torches MSNBC Host Over Remarks About Conservative Legal Views

Last edited:
A two hundred plus year old document is out of date last I checked. Slavery anyone? Separate but really equal. You want to marry who! Life has changed, we can drink alcohol now and owning tanks and bazookas are still a no no at least for now. Machine guns are fine though if you can afford the ammo.

A conservative SCOTUS is simply the legislative branch of the oligarchs, the corporatist, the bigoted, read its history if you doubt.

"Few American institutions have inflicted greater suffering on ordinary people than the Supreme Court of the United States. Since its inception, the justices of the Supreme Court have shaped a nation where children toiled in coal mines, where Americans could be forced into camps because of their race, and where a woman could be sterilized against her will by state law." Injustices: The Supreme Court's History of Comforting the Comfortable and Afflicting the Afflicted by Ian Millhiser

13 Worst Supreme Court Decisions of All Time'

13 Worst Supreme Court Decisions of All Time

"Lawyers are the only persons in whom ignorance of the law is not punished." Jeremy Bentham

And the Federalist Society is a group of lackeys funded by 'dark money'. For a Federalist Society judge all you you have to say is you're for the 'constitution' which has now become a dog whistle heard by those in power knowing that America will be under their control and the working class will lose again. Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right by Jane Mayer

IF the Constitution is truly out-of-date, then you have only to amend it (the process is written right into the document). If you can't convince the American people that they want to change it, then I guess that means it's still relevant to them, and thus NOT "out-of-date" at all.

I will wait with interest to see your activism on behalf of creating a governing document the American people want and approve of, as opposed to imposing upon them against their will the government YOU think is best.

I also have the same concerns about Kavanaugh. And I am wondering why this is being ignored by the majority of the media.

"According to the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), which filed a Freedom of Information Act Request for Kavanaugh’s official government correspondence records from this era, the Supreme Court Justice nominee referred to the PATRIOT Act as a “measured, careful, responsible, and constitutional approach” in an email sent to a colleague. Anyone who knows anything about the PATRIOT Act knows that “constitutional” and “careful” are by no means accurate descriptions. The PATRIOT Act obliterated the Fourth and Fifth Amendment rights to privacy and due process by giving the federal government sweeping new powers to conduct surveillance on the American people.

But his support of the legislation that signaled the downfall of American rule of law does not simply end with his favorable comments. Kavanaugh was also one of the individuals tasked with its drafting. He has been definitively credited with the line, “…the new law will update laws authorizing government surveillance.” And just this one line is rather problematic in itself. If he is the constitutionalist he has claimed to be on several occasions, then he would know that the Constitution already prohibits the government from broad, warrantless searches of this nature. This is not a protection that can simply be “updated.” And yet, his nonchalance over abolishing certain constitutional protections without a discussion of adopting an actual amendment is disconcerting."

That Fox News gal Ingraham cut off Judge Andrew Napolitano as he started goin into what is wrong with having Kavanaugh as a life time appointee on the Supreme Court.

Here Judge Napolitano explains what the problem is with appointing someone who disregards the 4th and 5th Amendments.

JULY 10, 2018.......
Pres. Trump made an outstanding pick with Kavanaugh!! .... :thup:

As I correctly said from the time of his appointment, NO HE DID NOT.

Now, over a year later, Kavanaugh has sided with Liberals more times than with Conservative values. Against gun rights on numerous votes.
And today he continues that ......

Kavanaugh sides with liberal justices against Apple, deals blow to tech giant in App Store challenge
Kavanaugh sides with liberal justices against Apple, deals blow to tech giant in App Store challenge

He is an Establishment Hack job first and foremost. A terrible pick for the SCOTUS imo....unless you like the DS.

What surprises me the most is how easily Political Chic was fooled.

I expect better of her.

Forum List

Back