Katrina - Story About The Idiotic Scum In My Town

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
A lady walked into one of the Red Cross centers last Friday claiming she lived in Gulfport and was wiped out by the hurricane. She filled out paperwork and was told to come back the next day for a check. She returned Saturday to receive her check for over $1600.00. While signing everything, the Red Cross worker noticed that she gave a different address on that form than she did the day before.

She contacted a police officer who was there "guarding" - who in turn called in the troops. They searched her bag and found her Tennessee driver's license with a Memphis address. She was had warrant for her arrest due to passing bad checks.

Idiot. On more levels than one.

All she had to do was remember the right "bogus" address and she would have gotten away with it.

Of course, some of the people in Memphis aren't too bright. When Jurassic Park was in the theaters, the zoo here sponsored a Dinosaur Days. They had huge fake dinosaurs around the zoo; signs with their history, etc.

There were a dozen people who went to Customer Service demanding their money back.

You know why? Come on....what is the most outrageous thing they could say?

Ready...?

The wanted their money back because...

Ready?

The dinosaurs weren't real.

Just for the record, I don't actually live in Memphis....I live in the burbs....

GotZoom said:
A lady walked into one of the Red Cross centers last Friday claiming she lived in Gulfport and was wiped out by the hurricane. She filled out paperwork and was told to come back the next day for a check. She returned Saturday to receive her check for over $1600.00. While signing everything, the Red Cross worker noticed that she gave a different address on that form than she did the day before.

She contacted a police officer who was there "guarding" - who in turn called in the troops. They searched her bag and found her Tennessee driver's license with a Memphis address. She was had warrant for her arrest due to passing bad checks.

All she had to do was remember the right "bogus" address and she would have gotten away with it.

Of course, some of the people in Memphis aren't too bright. When Jurassic Park was in the theaters, the zoo here sponsored a Dinosaur Days. They had huge fake dinosaurs around the zoo; signs with their history, etc.

There were a dozen people who went to Customer Service demanding their money back.

You know why? Come on....what is the most outrageous thing they could say?

Ready...?

The wanted their money back because...

Ready?

The dinosaurs weren't real.

Just for the record, I don't actually live in Memphis....I live in the burbs....

LOL--well don't be too damn hard on your town idiot scums---I'm sure this story will be repeated all over the country by those who feel it is simply thier right to steal and feel no guilt about it whatsoever.

Forum List

Back