Katrina Kids’ Sing to Laura Bush: ‘Congress, Bush and FEMA…Have Come to Rebuild Us’

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Think Progress » ‘Katrina Kids’ Sing to Laura Bush: ‘Congress, Bush and FEMA…Have Come to Rebuild Us’

Just figure I'd post this since I found this interesting. I didn't actually remember this either.

Today at the White House Easter Egg Roll, dozens of children “from the stricken Gulf Coast region serenaded First Lady Laura Bush with a song praising the beleaguered Federal Emergency Management Agency.” To the tune of “Hey Look Me Over,” the kids from Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama sang:

Our country’s stood beside us
People have sent us aid.
Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade.
Congress, Bush and FEMA
People across our land
Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!

Well with Bush, Congress, and FEMA behind you, everything will be alr- never mind. :eusa_eh:

Edit: By the way, I still say those school children having to sing Obama's praises was wrong.

Last edited:
Think Progress » ‘Katrina Kids’ Sing to Laura Bush: ‘Congress, Bush and FEMA…Have Come to Rebuild Us’

Just figure I'd post this since I found this interesting. I didn't actually remember this either.

Today at the White House Easter Egg Roll, dozens of children “from the stricken Gulf Coast region serenaded First Lady Laura Bush with a song praising the beleaguered Federal Emergency Management Agency.” To the tune of “Hey Look Me Over,” the kids from Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama sang:

Our country’s stood beside us
People have sent us aid.
Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade.
Congress, Bush and FEMA
People across our land
Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!
Well with Bush, Congress, and FEMA behind you, everything will be alr- never mind. :eusa_eh:

Edit: By the way, I still say those school children having to sing Obama's praises was wrong.
who organized this?\

neither think progress or the WSJ say
if it was done by a school employee, then it is the same and wrong

and singing praise to any government entity is ridiculous

Perhaps it was just to get the kids in a positive frame of mind after the natural disaster, a sort of "Happy Days are here Again" type of refrain?

Not that it's any of my business but anyone forcing children to praise a political figure is offensive to me. I don't see the post-Katrina sing-along in those terms though.

Perhaps it was just to get the kids in a positive frame of mind after the natural disaster, a sort of "Happy Days are here Again" type of refrain?

Not that it's any of my business but anyone forcing children to praise a political figure is offensive to me. I don't see the post-Katrina sing-along in those terms though.
sorry, but whoever wrote the words on this one wasn't very good at it either
at least the lady that did it for Obama had some talent

:lol:

No, but they were singing the praises of Bush.

btw, Bush deserved no praise for the way he handled Katrina. These poor children are going to grow up thinking he did a good job! The horror!

IMO, it's exactly the same. And neither one bothers me in the least. There's no pledging allegiance to either president, just simple songs praising their "accomplishments" ...

Fauxrage cracks me up.

Obviously you can't read.

Dismissed.

who me? tell me what I missed.

I did not go back and carefully read all your posts to see if teaching children to praise the sitting president bothers you or not.

Obviously seeing that you read my words and the fact that I typed them you cant put two and two together and see that he who writes is he who reads.

Dismissed.

Careful lest someone think you are a Kool-Aid drinking loony leftist liberal.

The lady who did it for Obama simply used a gospel song and substituted Obama's name and added a few choice limericks.

The lady who did it for Obama simply used a gospel song and substituted Obama's name and added a few choice limericks.
i was only taking about the actual words
lol
both were wrong to praise government organizations or political people

Forum List

Back