Katrina Hero: Trump Doesn't Care About Brown People

I am doing a comparison of two Caribbean Islands, which were devastated. One is a sovereign nation, the other is a United States territory.
And I see you have included in your research everything you and your country are doing for both Caribbean Islands...would you mind finding out what PR did for texas and florida?

Why don't you find out what the northeast is doing for Texas, despite all those Texans in Congress voting against helping the northeast after superstorm Sandy.

59d03224200000f81508474a.jpeg

Retired Lt. General Russel L. Honoré

Retired Lieutenant General: While Trump Golfs, San Juan’s Mayor Is ‘Living On A Cot’

“And the president has shown again, you don’t give a damn about poor people.”

The retired lieutenant general who led the effort to bring aid to Louisiana after it was ravaged by Hurricane Katrina didn’t mince words when talking about the president’s response to the humanitarian crisis in Puerto Rico.

On Saturday morning, President Donald Trump unleashed a series of tweets taking aim at San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz. In them, he accused Democrats of having convinced Cruz to be “nasty” to him, called Cruz’s leadership “poor” and said that other leaders in Puerto Rico “want everything to be done for them.” The tweets were sent from his golf resort in Bedminster, New Jersey.

In an interview with CNN later in the day, retired Lt. General Russel L. HonorĂ© tore down Trump’s remarks:

“The mayor’s living on a cot, and I hope the president has a good day at golf,” he told CNN.

Honoré said the crisis in Puerto Rico is even larger than what he faced during Katrina.

“Is Puerto Rico worse than what you found here in Katrina?” CBS News correspondent Michelle Miller asked HonorĂ© on Friday.

“Oh, hell yeah,” Honore said. “The number one priority is saving lives and when you’re saving lives, you’ve gotta figure out what rules you’re gonna break. All the rules we live by are designed for peacetime.”

“And this is what?” Miller asked.

“This is like a war,” he said.

In another interview with CNN, HonorĂ© tied Trump’s response to a overall lack of compassion to marginalized people.

“And the president has shown again, you don’t give a damn about poor people,” HonorĂ© told CNN. “You don’t give a damn about people of color and the SOB that rides around in Air Force One is denying services needed by the people of Puerto Rico.”

More: Retired Lieutenant General: While Trump Golfs, San Juan’s Mayor Is ‘Living On A Cot’

Lt. General Russel L. Honoré tells it like it is. I agree.

I recall that General Honore was the conservatives' hero back in Katrina.

God, you lefties are so predictable

Caring about people instead of letting them die makes one a leftist in your world? lol YOu'd probably let them all die.

Your hate is ruining your mind
His mind was ruined long ago. He thinks history's most murderous force (government) is good and must be further enriched and enlarged. Proving he has learned NOTHING from history.

Sadly, he is not alone. Millions of ignorant Americans are just like him.

The nation that was founded on the principle of limited government, now has millions of dupes pushing for unlimited government.

The nation that was founded on the principle of limited government, now has millions of dupes pushing for unlimited government.

They wanted limited government to keep them from taking away their slaves.

Maybe YOU are just a racist and use "anti-racism" as camouflage....
I can't be....im super mixed and love all. But since I moved to the US I noticed that a racist is more likely to be repulican/conservative it never fails. Infact outside the US we were told to avoid the south and the middle of the US as they are known to be less accepting of foreigners. And that's why I chose Cali...also in This very forum it confirms that....anti immigrants, anti Mexican, anti blacks comments are always from those who voted for trump.

Where did you come from, the Island of Gullible Idiots or North Korea...:lol:

You just confirmed my points.

Nice try but I lived all over California for over 40 years including the Bay Area, I'm fully aware of the radical left wingers and their hate filled intolerant, racism and bankrupting policies. California, a beautiful state filled with hypocrites, lawlessness and freeloaders, you seem like the perfect fit.

btw. welcome to the USMB, normally, I'm nicer but I've been posting for too long and my humor/patience has taken quite a hit.... :dunno:
I have to admit I'm new here but it's quiet toxic.
I love Cali it's a perfect place for me as a Muslim not one single time I was harrased , my friends in red states are having hard times. I don't know why you don't understand this. Conservatives are in majority less welcoming of other cultures and religions and everything that's different.

What the heck you've melted in and you're happy about it, enjoy. I simply disagree with your conclusions, they seem silly to me, believe me... :wink_2:

btw. it's a message board, people tend to blow off some unfettered steam, there's forums on the Board for milk and cookie talk and such.. check them out... or I could point them out if you'd like .. because I'm nice.. :lol:

59d03224200000f81508474a.jpeg

Retired Lt. General Russel L. Honoré

Retired Lieutenant General: While Trump Golfs, San Juan’s Mayor Is ‘Living On A Cot’

“And the president has shown again, you don’t give a damn about poor people.”

The retired lieutenant general who led the effort to bring aid to Louisiana after it was ravaged by Hurricane Katrina didn’t mince words when talking about the president’s response to the humanitarian crisis in Puerto Rico.

On Saturday morning, President Donald Trump unleashed a series of tweets taking aim at San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz. In them, he accused Democrats of having convinced Cruz to be “nasty” to him, called Cruz’s leadership “poor” and said that other leaders in Puerto Rico “want everything to be done for them.” The tweets were sent from his golf resort in Bedminster, New Jersey.

In an interview with CNN later in the day, retired Lt. General Russel L. HonorĂ© tore down Trump’s remarks:

“The mayor’s living on a cot, and I hope the president has a good day at golf,” he told CNN.

Honoré said the crisis in Puerto Rico is even larger than what he faced during Katrina.

“Is Puerto Rico worse than what you found here in Katrina?” CBS News correspondent Michelle Miller asked HonorĂ© on Friday.

“Oh, hell yeah,” Honore said. “The number one priority is saving lives and when you’re saving lives, you’ve gotta figure out what rules you’re gonna break. All the rules we live by are designed for peacetime.”

“And this is what?” Miller asked.

“This is like a war,” he said.

In another interview with CNN, HonorĂ© tied Trump’s response to a overall lack of compassion to marginalized people.

“And the president has shown again, you don’t give a damn about poor people,” HonorĂ© told CNN. “You don’t give a damn about people of color and the SOB that rides around in Air Force One is denying services needed by the people of Puerto Rico.”

More: Retired Lieutenant General: While Trump Golfs, San Juan’s Mayor Is ‘Living On A Cot’

Lt. General Russel L. Honoré tells it like it is. I agree.

Puerto Rico is 75% white.

Now Trump is attacking the media and San Juan Mayor Carmen YulĂ­n Cruz. Sad....

While residents of Puerto Rico struggle to get access to basic necessities like potable water and food, President Donald Trump has launched a full-fledged attack on the news media and, even more concerning, San Juan Mayor Carmen YulĂ­n Cruz.

TRUMP MAKES PUERTO RICO CRISIS ABOUT TRUMP

Oh that Mayor hasn't even begun to feel the wrath of everyday Americans. I've seen people angry before but all the comment sections and boards I've seen this weekend, people are seething at the bitch. I had no idea so many people really were PO'd at PR.

Yeah, we care about civil rights and humanity - as opposed to Trump's history of racism.

Lakhota the bloody island is super majority white. More white than Texas. Fuck off with the race card eh? Next time you left wing assholes should check your stats before whining.

mmm.. all we need is a liberal that likes playing the victim.. :lol: ... then it's ... :blowup:

Good Morning Tinydancer... :)

Lakhota the bloody island is super majority white. More white than Texas. Fuck off with the race card eh? Next time you left wing assholes should check your stats before whining.

It's the common perception of who the Puerto rican's are

It's call prejudice.

Yeah, we care about civil rights and humanity - as opposed to Trump's history of racism.

mmm.. all we need is a liberal that likes playing the victim.. :lol: ... then it's ... :blowup:

Good morning Lumpy! More whites on PR than in Texas. I just loved finding that stat the other day. Did a big happy dance because I just knew they would play THE card.

:lol:

Good morning Lumpy! More whites on PR than in Texas. I just loved finding that stat the other day. Did a big happy dance because I just knew they would play THE card.

Yet the perception drives the prejudice.

People treat them like they're a bunch of brown people.

They're so predictable, think the worst, say the worst, embellish the worst .. then call you a racists or whatever when they get caught in the lies. I'm glad Trump's got their number, he's kicking ass and their desparation is sooooo obvious.

They're so predictable, think the worst, say the worst, embellish the worst .. then call you a racists or whatever when they get caught in the lies. I'm glad Trump's got their number, he's kicking ass and their desparation is sooooo obvious.

Trump bent over backwards to help the people that voted for him, texas, florida.

Puerto Rico didn't vote for Trump. So Trump doesn't give a rats ass about them.

Trump bent over backwards to help the people that voted for him, texas, florida.

Puerto Rico didn't vote for Trump. So Trump doesn't give a rats ass about them.

I don't know how Trump feels about Puerto Rico and I doubt you do either, as far as I know he didn't build a golf course though..

They wanted limited government to keep them from taking away their slaves.
Yeah...those darn Democrats.

Read a history book, there were no democrats in 1789

history lesson time..

The Democratic-Republican Party was an American political party formed by Thomas Jefferson and James Madison in 1791–93 to oppose the centralizing policies of the new Federalist Party run by Alexander Hamilton (1755/57-1804), who was secretary of the treasury and chief architect of George Washington's administration.[5] The new party controlled the presidency and Congress, as well as most states, from 1801 to 1825, during the First Party System. It began in 1791 as one faction in Congress, and included many politicians who had been opposed to the new constitution. They called themselves Republicans after their ideology, Republicanism. They distrusted the Federalist commitment to republicanism. The party splintered in 1824 into the Jacksonian movement (which became the Democratic Party in 1828) and the short-lived National Republican Party (later succeeded by the Whig Party).

The term "Democratic-Republican" is used especially by modern political scientists for the first "Republican Party" (as opposed to the modern Republican Party founded in 1854). It is also known as the Jeffersonian Republicans. Historians typically use the title "Republican Party".

Democratic-Republican Party - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back