Katie and Obama....We're doing what Bush did.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by txlonghorn, Feb 8, 2010.

1. txlonghorn

txlonghorn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    KATIE COURIC Have you ruled out trying confessed 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Muhammad in New York City?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I have not ruled it out, but I think it's important for us to take into account the practical, logistical issues involved. I mean, if you've got a city that is saying no, and a police department that's saying no, and a mayor that's saying no, that makes it difficult. But I think that the most important thing for the public to understand is we're not handling any of these cases any different than the Bush Administration handled them all through 9/11.

I thought he was gonna change things??? Unfortunately, he's wrong...again.

Bush was going for military tribunals.

2. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,097
    I don't understand why he would say that the most important thing for people to remember is that they're handling those cases the same as the Bush admin. Why is that most important??

3. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    Why are they going with a trail, KSM confessed.

Barry seems determined to waste time and money on this.

4. txlonghorn

txlonghorn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Here's more....

KATIE COURIC: So, you're inviting Republicans here to the White House. Does that mean, Mr. President, you're willing to start at square one?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well I think that what I want to do is to look at the Republican ideas that are out there. And I want to be very specific. "How do you guys want to lower costs? How do you guys intend to reform the insurance market so people with preexisting conditions, for example, can get health care? How do you want to make sure that the 30 million people who don't have health insurance can get it? What are your ideas, specifically?" And if we can go step by step through a series of-- these issues, and arrive at some agreements, then procedurally, there's no reason why we can't do it a lot faster than the process took last year.

He says he's already read their proposals....so why does he need to have them deliver this information again???

Actually... the answer is simple. He wants specifics...here it is. Open the insurance market across state lines and you accomplish ALL of the things he wants answers to. Competition will create more coverage...existing conditions will be a battle ground. Prices will go down and more people will be able to afford coverage. Who knows? You might even get the insurance companies to need more employees to handle all the new insured clients....WOW!!! JOBS JOBS JOBS...

WHAT A CONCEPT!?!?

5. beowolfe

beowolfe Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +204
    He's talking to all of the people who didn't have a problem with the previous administration trying terrorists in federal courts who all of a sudden are acting as if this is the end of the republic.

6. txlonghorn

txlonghorn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    Is that REALLY the most important thing? I thought the most important thing was CHANGE. But yet, he's ready and willing to defend his actions by using Bush as his backup?

Again...Bush was pushing for military tribunals...what good is a circus court in NY gonna do?

7. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    Fail. That's one basic idea to be built upon, not specifics.

8. txlonghorn

txlonghorn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    How much more specific can it get? Tell me what's wrong with that proposal! And if it's something to be built upon, why the HELL hasn't it been considered? Other than the fact that it was suggested by the republicans.

9. txlonghorn

txlonghorn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +399
    How about some specifics on how the existing BULLSHIT plan is going to lower costs?

10. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    It doesn't, its a lot of nonsense, smoke and mirrors and wishful thinking.

But it does have the benifit of bankrupting us.