Kathleen, living in a car.

She's (they're) from around here and it's the cost of living in the Puget Sound area that drives people to live in their cars.....if they have one. She is considered one of the many homeless.

Now that being said......I do question her work ethic as she said she's been laid off 'numerous' times over 40 years. It may be as she says.....but usually if you're a good worker, companies will try to keep you thru those 'transitions'...….just sayin.

Also, after working for so many years.....her income is less than mine and I've had some missing years and am younger than she is...…..just what kind of cheap ass jobs did she work at? I would have thought 'electronics' would have been a good paying job. :dunno:

She's (they're) from around here and it's the cost of living in the Puget Sound area that drives people to live in their cars.....if they have one. She is considered one of the many homeless.

Now that being said......I do question her work ethic as she said she's been laid off 'numerous' times over 40 years. It may be as she says.....but usually if you're a good worker, companies will try to keep you thru those 'transitions'...….just sayin.

Also, after working for so many years.....her income is less than mine and I've had some missing years and am younger than she is...…..just what kind of cheap ass jobs did she work at? I would have thought 'electronics' would have been a good paying job. :dunno:
Flitting from job to job like that, I suspect drugs or mental instability.

cool old lady . No matter , she is likely retired . Maybe she has saving and a retirement of some kind . Why pay even 500 dollars which is very little just to live in an Apartment 'box' . By the way , I only watched a few minutes of the interview link video .

Flitting from job to job like that, I suspect drugs or mental instability.

She doesn't seem much like a druggie, but maybe mental instability......or just not as fast & efficient as she needed to be :dunno:

cool old lady . No matter , she is likely retired . Maybe she has saving and a retirement of some kind . Why pay even 500 dollars which is very little just to live in an Apartment 'box' . By the way , I only watched a few minutes of the interview link video .

I didn't watch all of it either......but she did say that she was laid off numerous times and never had a chance to get a pension.....other than at one job and the pension was like $15(?) a month.

In Washington, there is no place that rents a box for $500...….at best, maybe $1000 but more than likely much more than that

She wants to upgrade to a van.

But seems content with very little.
-------------------------------------- get a new Nissan NV200 mini van . They are nice enough as being new and bare bones at about 20 thousand . Properly put in some kinda camping 'porta potty' . THEY Advertise 25 miles per gallon , would be new . Tire changes would be easier than a bigger van , No windows unless you want them . Has a radio and passenger seat and can be fixed up to be any way that you want it to be . ------------- by the way , there are hundreds , maybe thousands like her in the USA . Many hang around craft fairs , antique shows , gun shows , knife shows according to websites that I see . Checkout ' van dwellers' in the USA . Check out 'car dwellers ' in the USA and you should get some links .

now THIS is the way to go...…..:5_1_12024:

e1a3b369abd8994edb964dd10c015644.jpg

and here is an Nissan NV200 camper van , But there are also Ford and Cheby and Dodge and then maybe a bigger work van . But me , i'd go for STEALTH on the exterior and i'd add some luxury to the interior as time and neat electronic gadgets and improvement happen over time . For me ALONE and at the beginning i'd be happy with the Van and its hoped for gas mileage , a roll up insulating mattress of some kind and a easily stuffed DOWN Quilt and a synthetic filled quality [WIGGY's tough as nail sleeping bag] . The 'super light' would be my choice of WIGGY's bags because with the DOWN Quilt and the bag I could sleep in my shorts . --- Recon Campers Converts Nissan NV200 Into Getaway Hideouts --- just an example of what reseller and conversion makers make .

Forum List

Back