Kathianne: Why do you hate France

Discussion in 'Europe' started by 8236, Aug 16, 2004.

1. 8236

8236 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73
    War on 'terror'?

Why do you not hate Germany?

2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Perhaps because the French have ALWAYS been self-righteous in their views.

As for the Germans, I myself have always enjoyed the Germans. Many of us vets have at least served SOME time in Germany and I think that, for the most part, most of us agree that during that time we did spend there, the Germans were pretty cool to us. Sure, the "outlook" has changed and they are not as friendly now, but I have no first hand experience of Germans being rude to me because I am American, but I have had experiences with French that have been rude to me for that reason.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Surely I wonder why do I get asked these kind of questions? Why not SE or MB or DK? Never mind Jimnyc, we all know NOT to ask him this kind of question. Is it something I've done? Dang, for the most part here I am minding my own business, just reading and plugging away at some responses.

Well Mr/Ms Number, let me say that I don't HATE the French. I just do not believe they are a US ally, indeed, I believe they are at best a nuisance, at worst an enemy.

Actually, read this: http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10454
    and you'll see that my instincts were correct, the French were addressing this nearly 60 years ago.

Germany is a different kettle of fish altogether. I'm not so sure the German people care for US all that much, but their leadership does, Schroeder's pandering campaigning aside. See, even us conservatives are nuanced enough to get the difference.

4. MrMarbles

MrMarbles Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28

Pot calling kettle black alert!!

5. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Not at all. We have done MORE for Europe than Europe has EVER done for us. And the French like to think they are so superior. Then why the fuck did we have to come to their rescue in WWII? So YOU ARE WRONG! History is on MY SIDE!

6. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Why do you put words into a person's mouth or project unjustified personal feelings one my have. Are you some sort of Miss Cleo type of a misguided clairvoyant?

7. nbdysfu

nbdysfu Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29
    their first king killed joan of arc. their nobles killed Louis XV. Their Terror became one of the brightest slurs against democracy. They've dumped every one of their twentieth century problems on our shoulders. They're obsessed with forming a 'balance of power' because they must miss the cold war. Osirak, rubber plants, haiti, southern aristocracy, oil for food, algeria, vichy france, maginot [french for 'maginary,] and they're snobs.

that said, this girl I work with is very diligent and one of the nicest persons you would ever meet.

8. Shazbot

Shazbot Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I take it this girl you work with is french? :D

-Douglas

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Just came across this and think it fits in pretty well with my 'take' on France, and perhaps even Germany.

http://vodkapundit.com/archives/006469.php

EXCERPT:

10. MrMarbles

MrMarbles Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28

Um, okay, whatever. It took pearl harbour to bring America into the war, and that was in the South Pacific. Hitler in turn declared war on America, this was roughly two years after France was overrun. America, not you, came to France and helped liberate it, yes. But not after a whole lot of sitting on it's hands. And in the end, WWII was the best thing to happen to the US. After that, with everyone else weak, it was able to assum the role as a super power, which in turned allowed it to spread it's views on other peoples.