Kate

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
This is one classy lady:

images

Kate is no deer caught in the headlights like her late mother-in-law. Her face tells me she is smart enough not to be surprised by anything, and tough enough to handle it.

The flap in France about running photos showing Kate below the neck should not be a trivial thing to Americans because Europe has different rules; rules designed to accommodate the paparazzi.

In this country a photo has nothing to do with freedom of speech or freedom of the press because there were no cameras when the US Constitution was ratified. I’d sure like to hear the media argue that the Founders would approve.

The “living, breathing, document” crowd in this country would probably allow media ghouls to run pictures without the subject’s consent; the more embarrassing the better.

To me, the media should have to pay to run images of anybody. Pay means negotiate. Even people in TV clips who appear in a crowd scene should be compensated. The way it stands now TV news shows get images for free. Isn’t getting something for nothing the very essence of the welfare state?

Finally, smart people know that Kate above the neck is what counts.

Kate seems like a decent person even though she decided to marry into the dysfunctional Royals, but if she's going to be outside topless, no matter where, she's gotta be smart enough to know there's a good chance some snoop with a telephoto lens might be lurking within range.

Best thing to do IMO would have been to just ignore the photos and it would have blown over fairly quickly, but getting the courts involved only serves to hype the incident.

Kate seems like a decent person even though she decided to marry into the dysfunctional Royals, but if she's going to be outside topless, no matter where, she's gotta be smart enough to know there's a good chance some snoop with a telephoto lens might be lurking within range.

Best thing to do IMO would have been to just ignore the photos and it would have blown over fairly quickly, but getting the courts involved only serves to hype the incident.

Blaming the victim.... curious - and intellectually vacuous - stance.

LOL...duly noted.

Edited note: Perhaps to help make someone's day in here...Vacuous: emptied of or lacking content...marked by lack of ideas or intelligence: stupid, inane...devoid of serious occupation: idle.

Last edited:

To blastoff: I see your point, but I think Kate is doing the right thing. If nothing else she is entitled to the money the paparazzo got, not to mention a sizable chunk of the dough the newspaper will make.

Frankly, I never understood why every country punishes criminals for stealing material things while they allow crooks to steal a person’s image? You might even say that the press is guilty of buying stolen property.

Incidentally, primitive natives who believe a photograph steals their souls might be onto something.

Forum List

Back