Kate Smith’s ‘God Bless America’ out at Yankee Stadium over racist songs

Everybody has their own standards. I like Kate Smith's God Bless America but you won't catch me buying anything from an ice cream truck that's playing the Turkey in the Straw tune.

That's exactly right, and exactly why we tolerate the immoral dickhead
He's no more (or less) "immoral" than any other. We elected a president. Not a pope.

The Pope is a Communist sympathizer, and has said things that sound very Communist. He may be an outright Commie, I don't know.

Obama was and maybe is a Pot Head. Bush went through a period addicted to alcohol and cocaine. Clinton didn't inhale, (he lied) but is a known sex offender. They all are flawed HUMANS.

The so-called Borgia Pope attacks our president for building a wall to defend the nation - from behind the 30 foot walls in his palace in the Vatican.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander! Everyone knows that blacks were not once allowed to play for the Yankees and just how many blacks play for the Flyers? Let's ban all the teems that once demonstrated any racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Done kaput. What these teems once did and how they once behaved is even more relevant than anything Miss Kate Smith ever did!

Let's picket the stadiums until all the teams are reformed and renamed. What they once represented is what they still are... Let them be judged as they would judge others! Don't attend any professional sports that excluded other races at any time in their history!

And if you think that is over the top, well maybe, just maybe some common sense will prevail and Miss Kate Smith will be exonerated and reinstated.
Excellent point

At the time Kate Smith recorded those objectionable songs, no black players were allowed to play for the Yankees

Maybe they need to cover up the Yankee logo in shame

What is good for the goose is good for the gander! Everyone knows that blacks were not once allowed to play for the Yankees and just how many blacks play for the Flyers? Let's ban all the teems that once demonstrated any racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Done kaput. What these teems once did and how they once behaved is even more relevant than anything Miss Kate Smith ever did!

Let's picket the stadiums until all the teams are reformed and renamed. What they once represented is what they still are... Let them be judged as they would judge others! Don't attend any professional sports that excluded other races at any time in their history!

And if you think that is over the top, well maybe, just maybe some common sense will prevail and Miss Kate Smith will be exonerated and reinstated.
Excellent point

At the time Kate Smith recorded those objectionable songs, no black players were allowed to play for the Yankees

Maybe they need to cover up the Yankee logo in shame

Everybody has their own standards. I like Kate Smith's God Bless America but you won't catch me buying anything from an ice cream truck that's playing the Turkey in the Straw tune.

How about Calypso Louie's "Blue Tail Fly?"

Not familiar with Calypso Louie's "Blue Tail Fly". Most familiar with Burl Ives' rendition.

Am serious about boycotting ice cream playing the well known Turkey in the Straw song. I won't even mention title to the racist 1916 song about the black man's ice cream that shares the musical tune.

The anthem is enough....this is a nothing burger.
Her rendition was sung in an era when Philly teams were not just bad, but on the bottom in every major sport for several years. When they played the song God Bless America the Flyers won like 99% of the time in those early years. A good gimmick. And one where the fans desperate for a championship in the city embraced. So the young boomers of that era saw them win 2 championships as the Broad Street Bullies. We are destroying people. And frankly people lie Snoop Dog needs to be put into labor camps.

How about Calypso Louie's "Blue Tail Fly?"

Not familiar with Calypso Louie's "Blue Tail Fly". Most familiar with Burl Ives' rendition.

Am serious about boycotting ice cream playing the well known Turkey in the Straw song. I won't even mention title to the racist 1916 song about the black man's ice cream that shares the musical tune.

What is "black man's ice cream?" How does that differ from other ice cream?

The anthem is enough....this is a nothing burger.
Why play the anthem? Didn't the country once support slavery? Perhaps all the Presidential paintings before Lincoln should be covered with a black tarp...We need to dismantle the Washington Monument --- he had slaves!

Last edited:
Politically correct people are fucking morons… fact.

Kate Smith is innocent of being a horrible bigot because it was a long time ago....back when pictures were all
black and white, everyone was a bigot and nobody knew right from wrong! Holding her to account now is
just CRAZY PC nonsense!!
the song is actually very innocent------sorta satirical. There is more "racism" in the complete
works of William Shakespeare.

Yankees waited eight years after Jackie Robinson to integrate. Wanted to make sure
it was safe to take in coloreds, looks like.
So who are the Yankees to point fingers at dead people? Hypocrites. Cancel NY Yankees.

So white people have to hide any shred of anything that could even remotely be construed as possibly racist by atleast one person in the world.

Yet blacks are allowed to run around and scream ******, and want special treatment for being black, and are allowed to make racist based attacks on others, and say racist things constantly.

Forum List

Back